+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: About that arena you want.

Default About that arena you want.

Here are snippets from the Wildstar-Online forums.

The effects of ELO arena and all its problems with gated gear associated:

complaining subscriber:

I know im just adding to what people said but, Honestly this is getting so hard to even sign for arena.
    I been aiming for 1500 for weeks now, and i know what's going to be said when i mention i cant get there. "Herp Derp you suck learn to play"
    But the issue is not my skill but the matchmaking system, I have gotten to 1450 and then just shot down by a SS critting for 13k on me. I can just crit 3k, how come a 1800 rated/geared player are fighting me? and before i know it boom down to 1200 again, even at 1200 im fighting players with 1800 gear.
    Now i have beaten players in 1800 gear multiple times, and if only 1 of the enemy is in 1800 gear we can outplay them at times. However why are they even against me? I feel like the matchmaking system simply faces me against whoever is next in queue.
    I honestly struggle now to log in, I PRAY PRAYYYYYY to god that the next patch; the pvp patch is going to sort this issue out. If all i get is a new BG and new Arena just so i can get killed by 1800 geared players more often, then i pray for carbine's sake that they even have any PVPers left.
    Dev response:
    Win trading We are looking into adding a system that will result in both a loss in rating and a deserter debuff if you decline a rated match. I am also working with CS to draft a plan to deal with players who participate in win trading (more on this to come).
    Tanking Rating We are investigating several options to help prevent this:
    Potential revisions to the matching game formula (pending approval)
    Gear progression revisions. This will help on two fronts; it will enable players to progress more gradually and overcome progression hurdles while also making them more viable against players who tank their rating.
    random subscriber responsding:

Arena / PVP is completely broken, game has been "out: for over a MONTH. The Queue system was clearly broke before game release. My 1200 team just faced off against an 1800 geared player who is boosting 5 times in row...and it was even different 1800 boosters.

This game is slowly losing a LOT of people's interest because of this ridiculously flawed way of Queueing. The concept alone to add rated gear, rated players, but implement a broken MM system is beyond comprehension.
    source:
    https://forums.wildstar-online.com/f...g-to-even-try/
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Alright guy this is what you need to do, either randomly que rbgs to get your gear or just find someone 1800 who will tank their rating to play with you. Just so we are clear when I say tank rating I mean tank rating to like 400, that's what people do. It's not cheating when everyone is doing it.. and by everyone I mean practically everyone.

I suffered down that road as well as a dps esper got to 1500 took me forever and much sweat, tears, and heartache. Road to 1800 was even worse when I got 1700 my partner got 1800 and then I didn't get it for even longer.

In the end, it doesn't matter because as much as I love this game and just wish it will be successful it's going to die out very soon. The PvP scene is a complete and utter joke. Swtor PVP was more serious then this and there wasn't even rating at all - AND ONLY BGS. People win trading, people tanking rating to boost people, people SELLing those boosts which is just giving bad people who don't deserve it gear further polluting the pool of good pvpers, and unexcusable class inbalances in which every new patch that comes it's like one minor change PER class that includes "Changed animation of auto attack" instead of doing anything useful.

Okay so recap, just do whatever you want to get rating and cheat. Play the game enjoy it as long as u can don't even waste ur time on the forums or qqing just pay some guy to carry you and save yourself the heartache of completely unbalanced arena (ESPECIALLY when you are trying to get gear - dem gear walls).
    just to sweeten the pot.

Most of these are just wildstar in general problems, not arena. Gear shouldn't be gated by a rating.

Thats all because they geared up while there was no competition.....

What did they do wrongly compared to WoW's arena deployment? I didn't follow pvp back then.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 07-11-2014 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mistacrowley420 View Post
    Most of these are just wildstar in general problems, not arena. Gear shouldn't be gated by a rating.
    So you're not aware of WoW having gated gear for years? and Wildstar followed suit with the same premise.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Thats all because they geared up while there was no competition.....

What did they do wrongly compared to WoW's arena deployment? I didn't follow pvp back then.
    WoW had the very same issues for years, and it had nothing to do with gearing up with no competition.

today i played a bit of arena and i was very happy to reach a rating of 1445. i was looking forward to getting my 1500 gear. but it was all just a distant dream..

came across 8 boosters/rating tanks, lost all 8 matches in a row and now im at ~1150.

what an amazing pvp this must be. the sad thing is most of those 1800 gear players even suck, its not the first time me and my teammate have beaten such a team but the amount of damage they can dish out in an instant is riddiculous.

coming from a game where armor had no meaning in pvp this stuff really pisses me off. i see my self rarely logging in anymore because of this and i refuse to pay for my 1500/1800 gear.

i take a guess, if this won't be fixed soon many players will leave and many have already left.
    even more goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    So you're not aware of WoW having gated gear for years? and Wildstar followed suit with the same premise.
    Of course I'm aware of it, and it was a mistake. That's why they don't have it anymore. Not really sure why Wildstar thought it was a good idea, especially at launch day with balance being impossible in any new game.

Starting an arena season at launch isn't bright either.
    Last edited by mistacrowley420; 07-11-2014 at 07:44 AM.

Does anyone else think that maybe dropping PvP rating for a different currency (aside from prestige) that you would only get from Rated games to buy the rated gears be more beneficial? Then actually use the gear score to pair players rather than rating because obviously the rating thing doesnt work anyways. I'm not even 1500 and I get paired with full teams of 1800's all the time. I just think It would make the game alot better and more playable for everyone, 90% of the time it isn't even worth q'ing up because you'll just get stomped by people with better gear. If they would use gear score rather than rating they could give PvP and PvE gear different ratings, thus solving the pvp offense and defense problem and last but not least more fairweather PvPer's would be able to play games and have fun if they didn't want to run rated games they could just do random matches and the hardcore PvPer's could play with eachother as well... Honestly if something isn't done to change PvP entirely in this game I won't be playing. It isn't bad mechanics or anything it is simply the fact that q'ing and match makin are aweful.
    ah the loveliness of rated arena gated with gear, oh and the class balancing must be insane lol.

Gunzip is on trolling spree.

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    Gunzip is on trolling spree.
    Tell me how its trolling? What, there never are arena threads?

This one time 10 years ago a game made a mistake so any form of competition should be ignored -gunzip

I'm afraid I'll have to learn how to play if they added competition -rift player base

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    This one time 10 years ago a game made a mistake so any form of competition should be ignored -gunzip

I'm afraid I'll have to learn how to play if they added competition -rift player base
    5v5 was added to Rift, no one played it, because no one wants to compete without rewards. And when you introduce game influencing rewards, you open a can of worms.

5v5 was added to Rift, no one played it, because no one wants to compete without rewards. And when you introduce game influencing rewards, you open a can of worms.
    Trust me or not, but if CQ rewards would be moved to 5v5, more people would be happy than now.

nah when you have a massive grind and they dont even give out normal rewards its a slap in the face. especially when you get rics and the best rewards from CQ zergfest

5 v 5 should of given out normal rewards with a quest tied to it.

no actual pvper wants a huge gear advantage (i know you do) and the last place for it would be in 5 v 5. what they want is good competition and a leader board to track it. pretty standard in every genre of game outside of Rift

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast