+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: About that arena you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    Trust me or not, but if CQ rewards would be moved to 5v5, more people would be happy than now.
    haha took the words right out of my mouth

Anything to get me away from the gen pop that infests the warfronts

I actually like idea pvp for your last item the relic wep with arena.
    Last edited by deathstormer; 07-11-2014 at 09:12 AM.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    no actual pvper wants a huge gear advantage (i know you do) and the last place for it would be in 5 v 5. what they want is good competition and a leader board to track it. pretty standard in every genre of game outside of Rift
    If this were true there wouldn't be QQ threads in other games forums about people tanking their ratings. Actual PvPers play shooters. No gear advantages, just who has the fastest reactions and the best aim.
    Last edited by ItzCrooK2UxD; 07-11-2014 at 09:32 AM.
    Arrass@Derpwood
    Harass@DeepWood

Quote Originally Posted by ItzCrooK2UxD View Post
    If this were true there wouldn't be QQ threads in other games forums about people tanking their ratings. Actual PvPers play shooters. No gear advantages, just who has the fastest reactions and the best aim.
    the only place they tank thier ratings is when you gain gear from wins. what i suggest and have suggested from day 1 is there is no special gear, tanking your rating to play worse players would yield you favor and normal marks...yippie. most people would choose higher rating and being known as the best rather than get normal rewards you can get anywhere

the only place they tank thier ratings is when you gain gear from wins. what i suggest and have suggested from day 1 is there is no special gear, tanking your rating to play worse players would yield you favor and normal marks...yippie. most people would choose higher rating and being known as the best rather than get normal rewards you can get anywhere
    I don't believe most people as you claim care about ratings or leaderboards, if they did people would still be doing 5's and bragging about their rating. I believe if 5's were popular Trion would eventually add a leaderboard for it, but as it stands its not popular so there really is no need for it...at least at this time.

I dare say most people do what it takes to get rewards, and an advantage and really couldn't care less about a rating that can be skewed due to poor matchmaking which Rift already suffers from.
    Last edited by ItzCrooK2UxD; 07-11-2014 at 09:46 AM.
    Arrass@Derpwood
    Harass@DeepWood

Quote Originally Posted by ItzCrooK2UxD View Post
    I don't believe most people as you claim care about ratings or leaderboards, if they did people would still be doing 5's and bragging about their rating. I believe if 5's were popular Trion would eventually add a leaderboard for it, but as it stands its not popular so there really is no need for it...at least at this time.
    again nothing will be popular without rewards especially in a grindy game. 5 v 5 was released right as relics came out which is a large grind, to play something with no reward is simply not using your game time correctly(if you care about not being out geared). On top of no rewards there was no leader boards so you were playing something that takes a lot of practice and skill for no reason at all. would be like playing a sport without having standings

make it have standard rewards and more people would play it. i mean its all probably too late anyways since pvp is pretty dead in this game. tons of the same people in wfs to the point where you know most.

test your beloved cq without rewards and see how many people show up for "the fun of it"

at your last part people would do what it takes to get max gear then they would use that gear to be the best. make gear be less of a grind and make actually being good at pvp what you care about not your shiny gear you got from lucky rng in zergfest. people do it for raiding all the time. spending hours doing non raids to get what they need to be world first. the same should apply to pvp
    Last edited by dday; 07-11-2014 at 09:52 AM.

People will only do arena if rewards in gear/weapons are attached to it, what world are you living in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    People will only do arena if rewards in gear/weapons are attached to it, what world are you living in?
    i cant tell if you cant read or are just a really bad troll. people need a carrot, doesnt mean it has to be a better carrot. only bad players need the carrot to give them an advantage then pretend like that advantage doesnt exist (pretty much every cq player)
    Last edited by dday; 07-11-2014 at 10:01 AM.

i cant tell if you cant read or are just a really bad troll. people need a carrot, doesnt mean it has to be a better carrot. only bad players need the carrot to give them an advantage then pretend like that advantage doesnt exist (pretty much every cq player)
    Its too bad the data that exists in the real world disagrees with you, any game that has an ELO system has gear/weapons as rewards, and that's where you see participation. Look up world of warcraft, and wildstart-online for reference.

Rift Chaser

I lol'd cuz I like to see the wildstar fanboys keep quiet and hop on the WoW train when a few months ago they were crying bloody murder on how great it would be.

Grass is always greener my friends.

Arena rating calculation of each match is based on the Icon-wikipedia-22x22 ELO Rating System which is used by the international chess rating system.

The ELO system takes the score of two opponents and calculates a statistical chance of winning based off those scores. After the match it uses the difference between the calculated chance of winning and the actual results. The difference between the two probabilities is then applied to the maximum amount of points allowed per match. Having a maximum amount makes sure teams have to play a large number of matches instead of just getting lucky and beating one team with a high ranking score.

Example of a match rating calculation:

Team A's Current Score: 1500pt
    Team B's Current Score: 1580pt
    Team A's Chance of Winning: 1 / (1+10(1580 - 1500)/400) = 0.38686
    Team B's Chance of Winning: 1 / (1+10(1500 - 1580)/400) = 0.61314
    Now Let's say Team A won the battle then
    Team A's New Score: 1500 + 32*(1 - 0.38686) = 1500 + 19.62 = 1519.62
    Team B's New Score: 1580 + 32*(0 - 0.61314) = 1580 + (-19.62) = 1560.38
    Now Let's say Team B won the battle then
    Team A's New Score: 1500 + 32*(0 - 0.38686) = 1500 + (-12.38) = 1487.62
    Team B's New Score: 1580 + 32*(1 - 0.61314) = 1580 + 12.38 = 1592.38

The K value used by Blizzard is 32. So each match, the maximum rating gain/loss will be 32pts. And if you play with a team with same rating, you will gain/lose exactly 16pts.

As you can see when a team with a higher ranking score wins a match against a lower ranking team, they receive fewer points than if the lower rank team won.
    Arenas are areas in which teams of players can compete against each other in deathmatch-style PvP. Instead of participating in objective-based PvP, these contests center around your team's ability to obliterate the other team. The Arena PvP system matches teams of equal size together to increase fairness and make advancement to the highest tiers more difficult and more rewarding. The arena allows for 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5, but your team may have up to double the amount required for one fight (i.e. a 2v2 team can have four people in it). Unlike normal PvP, the arena also allows intra-faction competition.

Only level 80 player characters can gain a team rating or Arena Points (this was level 70 before season 5). Characters below level 80 can engage in practice matches. Teams require an Arena Team Charter in order to create an official team.

Arena Points are used as the currency to purchase Arena Rewards, which are considered to be on par with some of the mid-to high level PvE rewards; season 1 items being roughly equivalent to Tier 4, Season 2 to Tier 5, Season 3 to Tier 6, and the Season 4 to Tier 6.5 (except for the obvious fact that Tier gear is designed to kill mobs and PvE content, while PvP gear is designed to kill other players and offer high survivability for PvP; many players have full PvE and PvP sets and switch depending on content).

Arena Rewards include both class-specific armor sets and a selection of unique weapons, off-hands and relics. All Arena Rewards cost only Arena Points to obtain. See Arena Rewards for a full list of current and past Seasonal Arena Rewards.
    Just a tad of easily searched info, these are the reasons why games with it get participation, not the reason in your head.

Its too bad the data that exists in the real world disagrees with you, any game that has an ELO system has gear/weapons as rewards, and that's where you see participation. Look up world of warcraft, and wildstart-online for reference.
    oh you mean the made up data in your head? wow and wildstar the only two games you talk about and the only two games to ever have competition

Just a tad of easily searched info, these are the reasons why games with it get participation, not the reason in your head.
    ahh a gaming forum's random post...pretty much fact then. sorry i stand corrected

oh you mean the made up data in your head? wow and wildstar the only two games you talk about and the only two games to ever have competition
    They're both of the MMORPG genre, not MOBA, that's why I reference them, they're relevant to Rift as an MMO. Tough to logic, I know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast