+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: More PVPers for Alpha Testing

Default More PVPers for Alpha Testing

I have asked around and it seems almost none of the big time pvpers are alpha testers. Can someone please explain to me why this is happening and why invitations aren't being sent appropriately. I would love to see if the new pvp is better or put my 2 cents on what needs to be changed. I appreciate that you guys are nerfing physician due to its combination with riftstalker making it op. However, I want to see if the gear equivs out, if there are classes that are so OP people will just want to quit, or if there is another issue with vengeance like we had a few months ago where nobody was dying.

So can people please raise awareness of the fact that pvp is getting kicked to the side and catered by pver's? its already a giant tank and heal fest in wfs (other than dominations) and cq....
    Last edited by Osirian; 07-09-2014 at 08:17 PM.

People have tried. The problem in my opinion is the ones in top pve raids who have the ears of the devs tend to do whatever they can in the forums to silence any actuvity that would lead to devs receiving feedback from the pvp community. Even in the pve threads questions or concerns regarding pvp aspects generally go unacknowledged. You see the pvers do not wish to give up any ground on how they feel a soul should operate. They do not care to look for ways that would satisfy both sides they want everything to be built for pve content. Look at how phys rolled out on live as a recent example. Look at the latest issue of nerfs to warriors. Sad fact is the devs do not even respond to us anymore bc they fall on the poor excuse of how badly the pvp community has responded in the past.

Daglar is often qouted for stating he wants us to play all aspects of the game. Hence CQ power, notoriety runes extc. However, little is ever discussed with the pvp community for future development. The devs only consider the top raiding guilds. It seems they dont want to hassle with speaking with some of the pvp community members despite attempts by us recently.

At the moment they are gutting mages pvp utility. Pyro is a distant cry from what it used to be on pts. The changes to sc will hunder dominators effectiveness. Lets not forget almost losing icy vortex which is now rooted much much higher now. Backdraft, fiery resolve, burning shield. .....

Heres the truth of the matter. Trion for better or worst has decided to cut down on the amount of abilities in classes. They are cutting out the stuff pvpers would wish to keep and making souls much more pve friendly. Pyro was a great pvp soul, but not so much in raids bc the dps was behind. Instead of increasing the dps to bring it in line, they have turned it into a turret spec and removed almost all its pvp utility.

Does everyone really believe this will end with pyro? I doubt it.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Prophet of Telara

Nothing worse than biased PvPers, we will end with specs that 2-3 shot people from 35m range with the only counter being "bring yourself a pocket healer and you will be fine", or "attack him with your whole raid and you will have enough dps / cc to bring him down".
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Champion

In warfronts 80% confrontations are small scale where you don't have the benefit of a healer or a raid. Pyro had the means of kiting and destroying but this will no longer be an option. I think the proponents of these changes Zerg with premades and have top end relic gear.

Mages will not be a calling for PVP. Domi is a mere shadow of what it should be. One gets the feeling that certain devs simply pander to PVE. It is evident they simply do not care about PVP.

They cater for the small percentage who top raid but forget the overwhelming majority who have to suffer the hobbled specs that might shine with the top t3 gear which is out of the reach of the majority.

The majority of your income TRION comes from non top raiding folk. Adding the complications proposed will drive folk away but you won't listen will you until it's too late. Take the fun out of the game and folks will leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    Nothing worse than biased PvPers, we will end with specs that 2-3 shot people from 35m range with the only counter being "bring yourself a pocket healer and you will be fine", or "attack him with your whole raid and you will have enough dps / cc to bring him down".
    do you honestly think that if mages end up with specs that can 2 shot anyone that they wont be nerfed?

plus that's a gross exaggeration, im gonna assume you;re talking about the new pyro in which you can line up more than 3 abilties to hit very close to each other(yes i know you can do this on current ver as welll). i myself will wait and see before such claims about what a soul on the pts can do.

Is this testing all these 3.0 forums that all of a sudden showed up one day? I haven't bothered to look at them yet.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Is this testing all these 3.0 forums that all of a sudden showed up one day? I haven't bothered to look at them yet.
    rift 3.0

prepare to do everything you've done before... again!

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    rift 3.0

prepare to do everything you've done before... again!
    I played top end raiding through 4.5 expansions. No convincing to me on this one. It's always the same. New loot, new graphics, new abilities. Same game.
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-10-2014 at 03:27 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

What PvPers?

Anyway, the devs already know exactly what every PvPer will suggest:

- Give my class more damage
    - Give my class more CC
    - Give my class more survivability
    - Give my class better disconnect
    - Give my class more mobility
    - Give my class what [other class] has
    - Don't nerf my OP specs

I was a beta tester pre-launch and during HK while in the guild Maximation.

They seemed to be more responsive and responsible pre-launch. During HK raid development it was a mess and the bugs reported were largely ignored before the raid was released.

This was either due to developer ignorance and or under-staffing/lack of deadline adjustments.

Needless to say, these raid bugs going to release along with constant realm transferring lead to the the majority of the guilds members leaving including myself.

Trion stretches themselves out too thin and most of the testers now, from what appears on the outside, just feel so validated to be a tester they don't even notice there knee pads wearing out. Most of the past beta/alpha testers have lost that relationship connection long ago due to perceived incompetence.

@Ianto: Stop being a goon. Most of the players before actual played and cared about both aspects of the game. Look at other successful games and those players interest. It is only because the population has diminished so much that players have become siloed.

Look at the current rotation for Pyro on the PTS and how that is being developed. Kervik has not even announced any loose action plan and thoughts about what he needs to do to make the overall adjustments, so a lot of people are getting needlessly uptight when it could be avoided.

The only thing we saw Daglar say is that he wanted to see more hardcasted return to mages. Though when people saw the initial iteration of the adjusted Pyro, the one hardcasted ability was the weakest ability.

Instead of adjusted that ability upwards, all the abilities that are instant and could be lined up together were boosted with increased damage. WOW that was genius and won't cause any issues for PVP at all and when you see some pvp focused players constantly ask for increased damage for hardcasted abilities vs others.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutio View Post
    @Ianto: Stop being a goon. Most of the players before actual played and cared about both aspects of the game. Look at other successful games and those players interest. It is only because the population has diminished so much that players have become siloed.
    Take off those rose-coloured glasses, I've been here forever and through plenty of testing, too, and have enjoyed both PvE and PvP content since beta. Where PvE raiders tend to also be casual PvPers, exclusive-PvPers almost universally hold raiders in disdain and turn all of this into an "us vs. them" argument. Trion's neglect of the PvP community has given everybody that's left a huge victimisation complex. There are -- and always have been -- very few people who give valuable feedback in a form other than blatantly biased class advocacy. There are virtually none now, especially among the PvP community which is so anemic and toxic it's a wonder that it hasn't been quarantined by the UN.

You're correct that Trion stretches too thin, and they always have. They still don't fix bugs that are reported repeatedly on their open PTS raid testing (aka PTS progression) and their artists are so busy making horrendous mounts to sell on the shop that they can't design new armour for new tiers of gear. They have two class devs now instead of four, and while these two are much better than previous ones there is simply a limit to how much can be accomplished.

The corner-cutting in a number of areas has accumulated over the years to the extent that there's major work that needs to be done and they simply don't have the resources or will to do it anymore (if they ever did) in a timely fashion. Instead they do things incrementally and gradually, and as you said they don't state their design goals (I think there's a good reason for this) so people really don't have any idea WTF is going on or the ultimate direction.

What it comes down to is that, as far as class balance is concerned, this company has been too receptive to forum feedback and QQ for a long time. Most people make suggestions which are selfish and short-sighted with only their class and their experiences in mind and no regard to how it fits into a larger picture.

Your portrayal of what's happened with Pyro is wrong, by the way. Fireball got a bigger buff than the rest of the abilities, and Kervik has already acknowledged that he went too far with the other buffs and that further adjustments are imminent. As for design goals... any time the devs post anything of that nature people twist it and throw it back in their faces. People read what they want to see into it and then get indignant when they don't get what they expect or if the dev changes their mind. It's a lose-lose.

Telaran

the pace and rapidity that the white knights dive in with an air of "the voice of trion" and belittle them who try to point out forseen problems with regards to pvp its no wonder things are in such a sad state seeings all pvpers are now looked upon as toxic by the "voices of trion" for myself appoint vlad to look at it -- least he talks more to people!

Quote Originally Posted by pennyred View Post
    the pace and rapidity that the white knights dive in with an air of "the voice of trion" and belittle them who try to point out forseen problems with regards to pvp its no wonder things are in such a sad state seeings all pvpers are now looked upon as toxic by the "voices of trion" for myself appoint vlad to look at it -- least he talks more to people!
    It's toxic because of crap like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    Heres the truth of the matter. Trion for better or worst has decided to cut down on the amount of abilities in classes. They are cutting out the stuff pvpers would wish to keep and making souls much more pve friendly. Pyro was a great pvp soul, but not so much in raids bc the dps was behind. Instead of increasing the dps to bring it in line, they have turned it into a turret spec and removed almost all its pvp utility.

Does everyone really believe this will end with pyro? I doubt it.
    It doesn't matter how many times it's pointed out that Stormcaller, the first soul to get the paring-down treatment, was given tons of utility specifically for PvP purposes. People post the same, victimised garbage, constantly, over and over. And those same people? 0 participation in the class forum feedback thread. It's like cable news.

All complaining, no contribution. Yeah, that's a toxic community.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 07-10-2014 at 05:58 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Why? What pvp content is there to test??? I mean they already had that new greenscale warfront or w/e on PTS for anyone to go test and play it.

That's like the only new pvp content for 3.0 right?

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutio View Post
    I was a beta tester pre-launch and during HK while in the guild Maximation.

They seemed to be more responsive and responsible pre-launch. During HK raid development it was a mess and the bugs reported were largely ignored before the raid was released.

This was either due to developer ignorance and or under-staffing/lack of deadline adjustments.

Needless to say, these raid bugs going to release along with constant realm transferring lead to the the majority of the guilds members leaving including myself.

Trion stretches themselves out too thin and most of the testers now, from what appears on the outside, just feel so validated to be a tester they don't even notice there knee pads wearing out. Most of the past beta/alpha testers have lost that relationship connection long ago due to perceived incompetence.

Look at the current rotation for Pyro on the PTS and how that is being developed. Kervik has not even announced any loose action plan and thoughts about what he needs to do to make the overall adjustments, so a lot of people are getting needlessly uptight when it could be avoided.

The only thing we saw Daglar say is that he wanted to see more hardcasted return to mages. Though when people saw the initial iteration of the adjusted Pyro, the one hardcasted ability was the weakest ability.

Instead of adjusted that ability upwards, all the abilities that are instant and could be lined up together were boosted with increased damage. WOW that was genius and won't cause any issues for PVP at all and when you see some pvp focused players constantly ask for increased damage for hardcasted abilities vs others.
    I betaed alpha as well. haven't betaed after launch. Quit before storm legion because everything died down and then came back. I don't care about pve. Majority of the time the best pvpers (cupcakey, ecru, pain, Inorx, Zuno, Rgi, naked, etc..) come out to be the best in pve too. I don't pve because I hate fighting a computer and relying on others. I think once the pvp is balanced, the rest will come later. They upped healing a couple months ago and it was so crazy in pvp that they nerfed it (although it is still op). I would just like to see more than a back peddler's opinion on thing on pts. I just tried logging into pts and I have alpha. What is this omega ****?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast