+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree43Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: More PVPers for Alpha Testing

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Including alternate versions, there have been 14 different warfronts and two conquests by my count. There are also pvp addons for dimensions, and an under-utilized 5v5 match. Multiple matchmaking changes more recently as well.

Pvpers also always boast that their "content" is unscripted encounters with other players, and I daresay the players change every match.
    Alternate versions of warfronts? I was completely fine with the original versions. I'm assuming most in the general discussion boards truly enjoy all those "alternate versions" of mounts and gear too.

Dimensions and 5v5s? Lets go ahead and remove all the rewards from chronicles and expert dungeons and see how the next few months look on the forums.

Make sure to tell them after they complain about it that they cant alpha test k?

If I had a dollar for every time someone told me the PvP combat is the PvP content I would have a million bucks in credits.
    Undeadwarrior & Zoarbot @Deepwood.
    Believe it or not Rift has an unofficial Facebook PvP alliance group .~All are welcome~

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    What PvPers?

Anyway, the devs already know exactly what every PvPer will suggest:

- Give my class more damage
    - Give my class more CC
    - Give my class more survivability
    - Give my class better disconnect
    - Give my class more mobility
    - Give my class what [other class] has
    - Don't nerf my OP specs
    -main thing a real balance btw specs to not make them all useless.

most problematic specs in pvp:

rs/assassins
    rs/nightblade
    inqisitor
    warlord
    physician
    defiler

paragon
    oracle

if i was dev thats what i gonna do for pvp only.
    warriors change:
    warlord:
    -using a dps surge -25% health
    -battle field experience reduice dmg dealt and taken by 33% (keeping same normal fonction)
    tempest:
    -reduice dmg dealt and taken by 33% while using wavelenght (keeping same normal fonction)'with current change arc become a usless skill in pvp'.
    -getting back arc and charged pulse to normal dmg.
    paragon:
    -reduice dmg by 25% while using alatracity

clerics change:
    inqisitor:
    -prejudicial privilege (its a lot for a privilege for a high dps in pvp, -50% heals, u can buy additionnal potions from auction house and its still enough to solo 2-3 dps players).
    -reduice dmg by -30% each time the player strafe or jump.
    defiler:
    reduction on range of links to 20m in pvp.
    links get a debuff for 3sec each time a disconect or los happen (to prevent exploiters that hide behind objects).
    oracle:
    -33%dmg while burst is active.
    rogues change:
    -riftstalker:
    rift guard requires 35points now.
    -assassin:
    cloak and dagger: after using any from stealth attack, increase dmg dealt 15% and increase dmg taken by 25% and snare player for 5secondes.
    -sleep away reduiced to 1min (to balance cloak and dagger dmg taken increase 'a real assassin stay hiden and should be too strong without stealth').
    physician:
    -still need to be reworked (even a team get buchered in pvp, physician stay alive).

mages change:
    archon:
    dont get dmg increase from other souls

Quote Originally Posted by Tornad View Post
    if i was dev thats what i gonna do for pvp only.
    warriors change:
    warlord:
    -using a dps surge -25% health
    -battle field experience reduice dmg dealt and taken by 33% (keeping same normal fonction)
    tempest:
    -reduice dmg dealt and taken by 33% while using wavelenght (keeping same normal fonction)'with current change arc become a usless skill in pvp'.
    -getting back arc and charged pulse to normal dmg.
    paragon:
    -reduice dmg by 25% while using alatracity

clerics change:
    inqisitor:
    -prejudicial privilege (its a lot for a privilege for a high dps in pvp, -50% heals, u can buy additionnal potions from auction house and its still enough to solo 2-3 dps players).
    -reduice dmg by -30% each time the player strafe or jump.
    defiler:
    reduction on range of links to 20m in pvp.
    links get a debuff for 3sec each time a disconect or los happen (to prevent exploiters that hide behind objects).
    oracle:
    -33%dmg while burst is active.
    rogues change:
    -riftstalker:
    rift guard requires 35points now.
    -assassin:
    cloak and dagger: after using any from stealth attack, increase dmg dealt 15% and increase dmg taken by 25% and snare player for 5secondes.
    -sleep away reduiced to 1min (to balance cloak and dagger dmg taken increase 'a real assassin stay hiden and should be too strong without stealth').
    physician:
    -still need to be reworked (even a team get buchered in pvp, physician stay alive).

mages change:
    archon:
    dont get dmg increase from other souls
    http://i.imgur.com/jZCyQIv.gif
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

I vote Spaceboots alpha tests for the pvp community.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornad View Post

most problematic specs in pvp:

rs/assassins
    rs/nightblade
    inqisitor
    warlord
    physician
    defiler

paragon
    oracle

Don't know what to say, or the Rogue souls I know, 2 of those are just duel specs. They are far from a problem in WFs. If anything they are a waste of space in a warfront when heals are present. Physician just needs to be CC and not approached as if you can drain it. Physician saves are horrible and despite popular belief, you can energy starve one enough to cause a delay in their healing out-put, enough to break their game.

Many other souls could be "problematic" souls if people learned how to play them and used them. Not sure any souls are a problem, just some souls need loving/buffing for PvP aspects.
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-16-2014 at 03:57 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Pocketzoar View Post
    Alternate versions of warfronts? I was completely fine with the original versions. I'm assuming most in the general discussion boards truly enjoy all those "alternate versions" of mounts and gear too.

Dimensions and 5v5s? Lets go ahead and remove all the rewards from chronicles and expert dungeons and see how the next few months look on the forums.

Make sure to tell them after they complain about it that they cant alpha test k?

If I had a dollar for every time someone told me the PvP combat is the PvP content I would have a million bucks in credits.
    The people who wanted 5vs5's swore up and down they needed no rewards. So they didn't get any. They wouldn't have made 5vs5's otherwise.

While it would be nice for dimension pvp to have rewards? How would you work it realistically. I'd like for that to happen to but I haven't come up with a good idea how to implement it without it being potentially abused.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    I vote Spaceboots alpha tests for the pvp community.
    There would only be three classes after he was done.

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    There would only be three classes after he was done.

1. Warrior

2. .....warrior?

3. WARRIOR!

AXAZE 70/R100 Clerc
    XITH 70/R100 Warrior
    REVELER 70/R100 Rog
    ZAXA 70/R100 finger waggler

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Don't know what to say, or the Rogue souls I know, 2 of those are just duel specs. They are far from a problem in WFs. If anything they are a waste of space in a warfront when heals are present. Physician just needs to be CC and not approached as if you can drain it. Physician saves are horrible and despite popular belief, you can energy starve one enough to cause a delay in their healing out-put, enough to break their game.

Many other souls could be "problematic" souls if people learned how to play them and used them. Not sure any souls are a problem, just some souls need loving/buffing for PvP aspects.
    bursts r probably the reason why there is over heal in pvp.
    if all class's can cc and drain ill aggree with u for physician.
    but for duel specs that burn tanks in few secondes with 3kdps 'even tank cds r up'. they r cool to play but they have supremacy on duels. i know few ppl (rs/sin's and inqistor's) that claim that never lost any duel against a warrior or mage in 1v1. the thing is what u got as skills (stuns purge heals cds ect...) from ur class and is it enough to beat a specific spec (assuming both players have same gears).
    if its ther a 1v1 tournament all pvpers know who will last's.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4