+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: More PVPers for Alpha Testing

Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    People have tried. The problem in my opinion is the ones in top pve raids who have the ears of the devs tend to do whatever they can in the forums to silence any actuvity that would lead to devs receiving feedback from the pvp community. Even in the pve threads questions or concerns regarding pvp aspects generally go unacknowledged. You see the pvers do not wish to give up any ground on how they feel a soul should operate. They do not care to look for ways that would satisfy both sides they want everything to be built for pve content. Look at how phys rolled out on live as a recent example. Look at the latest issue of nerfs to warriors. Sad fact is the devs do not even respond to us anymore bc they fall on the poor excuse of how badly the pvp community has responded in the past.

Daglar is often qouted for stating he wants us to play all aspects of the game. Hence CQ power, notoriety runes extc. However, little is ever discussed with the pvp community for future development. The devs only consider the top raiding guilds. It seems they dont want to hassle with speaking with some of the pvp community members despite attempts by us recently.

I get what you are saying, but frankly they don't respond to pvp threads because they tend to be so vitriolic and toxic is my guess. Daglar has indeed responded to pvp threads - but only if they are rational and constructive. The vast majority of the time they are not, by a long shot.

OP: I can assure you that there are good, dedicated PvPers testing in the Alpha, but they would not be able to tell you they are due to NDA.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Quote Originally Posted by Osirian View Post
    I hate fighting a computer and relying on others.
    You're a real winner you know, in a game that relies heavily on team participation, I would hate to have you on any pvp team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDataDude View Post
    I think you are looking at Archeage servers

~BDD
    I lol'd so hard.

Alpha > Omega fyi ;)
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

Let's face it, testing failed in for Storm Legion and it wasn't the testers. I'll admit it, I became very much against the raiding community when I found out no top tier pvpers made it to alpha testing for SL, but in the end, the devs dropped the ball that allow terrible things to pass by ignoring the testers they did have. Doing this allowed such things as VK being top single target dps with a healer, or a reaver dot becoming part of dps rotations. How about a Riftblade teleport being it's hardest hitting ability? Let's not forget the original, everything is a weapon! This was all things a freakin blind monkey can figure out was wrong and yet they passed. I don't know if pvpers will be testers but for the love of whatever you hold dear, listen to your testers and don't ignore the blatantly broken things!

Outside of that, I still love you guys at Trion.

Oh and I forgot, because these things passed, the warrior community became the most hated community even though warriors, testers and non testers, fought desperately to get those obviously over powered things changed or toned down to no avail. Even today, I can't help but laugh at some complainers who think there is some kind of conspiracy of warriors who do anything and everything to keep warriors OP.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    Oh and I forgot, because these things passed, the warrior community became the most hated community even though warriors, testers and non testers, fought desperately to get those obviously over powered things changed or toned down to no avail. Even today, I can't help but laugh at some complainers who think there is some kind of conspiracy of warriors who do anything and everything to keep warriors OP.
    RB builds from pre-SL kinda forever darkened people's view of warriors. Warlord hasn't done much to remove that taint with its "technically I'm a dps soul but technically I'm sorta a tank" mentality, the same thing the RB hybrids were doing.

Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    Let's face it, testing failed in for Storm Legion and it wasn't the testers. I'll admit it, I became very much against the raiding community when I found out no top tier pvpers made it to alpha testing for SL, but in the end, the devs dropped the ball that allow terrible things to pass by ignoring the testers they did have. Doing this allowed such things as VK being top single target dps with a healer, or a reaver dot becoming part of dps rotations. How about a Riftblade teleport being it's hardest hitting ability? Let's not forget the original, everything is a weapon! This was all things a freakin blind monkey can figure out was wrong and yet they passed. I don't know if pvpers will be testers but for the love of whatever you hold dear, listen to your testers and don't ignore the blatantly broken things!

Outside of that, I still love you guys at Trion.
    A lot of SL's class problems at launch were indeed just incompetence. Only Kervik really managed to meet the design goals for the classes that were set out (e.g., the divergence of soul gifts) while Atrius struggled to make Warriors even releasable. Without the "I only code while drunk" ineptitude of Atrius, the "just give them everything they want, then buff MM" philosophy of Ailion, and the "I enjoy making my souls awful" approach of Zinbik, I think things are headed in a much better direction on that front.

It's just slow-going at this point. They're working on an expansion and they just don't have the manpower that they used to. Vladd has his work cut out for him fixing basically every soul ever touched by Atrius or Ailion. The Reaver changes look pretty badass from a PvP standpoint.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 07-16-2014 at 08:52 AM.

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #38
    Rift Team

Complaining that you don't have access to the alpha is not a way to gain access to the alpha.

The number of people is extremely small at the moment. I get PM's every day asking to have access, which I politely decline.

The best way to gain alpha access is to show that you are a mature member of the community. Railing against how unfair things are, or what has happened in the past will not help your odds of gaining access.

Helpful people that constructively give feedback typically get invited to things like this.

~Daglar

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Complaining that you don't have access to the alpha is not a way to gain access to the alpha.

The number of people is extremely small at the moment. I get PM's every day asking to have access, which I politely decline.

The best way to gain alpha access is to show that you are a mature member of the community. Railing against how unfair things are, or what has happened in the past will not help your odds of gaining access.

Helpful people that constructively give feedback typically get invited to things like this.

~Daglar
    you'd probably get more constructive criticism if you took a good look at your own tact and adjusted it accordingly.

(...) you are a mature member of the community. (...)
    ~Daglar
    first two characters of your signature look like a rotund spermy.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 07-16-2014 at 12:17 PM.

~D

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    first two characters of your signature look like a rotund spermy.
    Haha, hey who called you that by the way? I forgot..
    Last edited by Pocketzoar; 07-16-2014 at 12:42 PM.
    Undeadwarrior & Zoarbot @Deepwood.
    Believe it or not Rift has an unofficial Facebook PvP alliance group .~All are welcome~

Quote Originally Posted by Pocketzoar View Post
    ~D

Haha, hey who called you that by the way? I forgot..
    I suggested someone else may have been.

The best way to gain alpha access is to show that you are a mature member of the community

~Daglar
    i can't think of anyone who is both competent when it comes to pvp and has been able to be patient enough waiting for changes, fixes, and new content that they've stayed a Mature Member of the Community 100% of the time.

i can't wait for pvp in 3.0!
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    I suggested someone else may have been.
    I was setting you up to say an alpha tester. :P

When we treat our raiders, crafters, dimensioners, and questers better then everyone else in terms of content and communication for three solid years. Then tell the excluded they cant alpha test for PvP because they made a complaint.

Win/win
    Undeadwarrior & Zoarbot @Deepwood.
    Believe it or not Rift has an unofficial Facebook PvP alliance group .~All are welcome~

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Pocketzoar View Post
    I was setting you up to say an alpha tester. :P

When we treat our raiders, crafters, dimensioners, and questers better then everyone else in terms of content and communication for three solid years. Then tell the excluded they cant alpha test for PvP because they made a complaint.

Win/win
    Including alternate versions, there have been 14 different warfronts and two conquests by my count. There are also pvp addons for dimensions, and an under-utilized 5v5 match. Multiple matchmaking changes more recently as well.

Pvpers also always boast that their "content" is unscripted encounters with other players, and I daresay the players change every match.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast