+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 123
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: @Warriors

  1. #61
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    BD has heavy AoE's mixed with decent heavy hitting single target stuff. I just think it's great BD flies under the radar. People complain about killing field yet say BD is bad. Math says that makes no sense.
    Your math doesnt take in to account survivality and unpurgable buffs.
    Last edited by Otts; 07-16-2014 at 05:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

  2. #62
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    BD has heavy AoE's mixed with decent heavy hitting single target stuff. I just think it's great BD flies under the radar. People complain about killing field yet say BD is bad. Math says that makes no sense.
    BD single target dmg is a joke in pvp..........Warlord st can actually hit hard and kill someone.......You can afk while a bd spams derp hundred blades on you and take little dmg.......warlord st+killing field will kill you. Not really 2 comparable souls at all.

  3. #63
    Plane Walker deathstormer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    BD single target dmg is a joke in pvp..........Warlord st can actually hit hard and kill someone.......You can afk while a bd spams derp hundred blades on you and take little dmg.......warlord st+killing field will kill you. Not really 2 comparable souls at all.
    The warlord ST is very very random till BE tho. It's all relying on lucky crits and crit power every 15 secs with decisive/koth. Paragon differs to this where their 15 secs (shifting blades) will go close to killing someone every time.
    Last edited by deathstormer; 07-16-2014 at 06:56 PM.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

  4. #64
    Shield of Telara Talzoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    787

    Default Not to beat a dead horse but come on!

    During this WF I watched Dragnos easily consume our pug team basically solo. Our team was weak granted (actually both teams where weak) and I was trying out a new spec.

    Anyway, I sat and watch him as he fearlessly face tanked 4 of our guys solo killing them one by one. He tried to solo 6 guys but it was finally too much for him and he died.
    @Warriors-2014-07-16_00002.jpg

    After this wf I had a talk with Dragnos. Very nice guy. He admitted to being a WL, "just a very good one." In his words.

    How can people defend this crap and how can Trion let it go on for so long? They couldn't even get away from him. He was pulling them, ccing them and burning them, a one man killing machine (was kinda cool actually).

    F2p or not this "balancing" is pathetic.

  5. #65
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talzoor View Post
    During this WF I watched Dragnos easily consume our pug team basically solo. Our team was weak granted (actually both teams where weak) and I was trying out a new spec.

    Anyway, I sat and watch him as he fearlessly face tanked 4 of our guys solo killing them one by one. He tried to solo 6 guys but it was finally too much for him and he died.
    Attachment 19200

    After this wf I had a talk with Dragnos. Very nice guy. He admitted to being a WL, "just a very good one." In his words.

    How can people defend this crap and how can Trion let it go on for so long? They couldn't even get away from him. He was pulling them, ccing them and burning them, a one man killing machine (was kinda cool actually).

    F2p or not this "balancing" is pathetic.
    It's tough finding competent players, can't even pay for them.

    #irstrongsoeveryoneelsecries

  6. #66
    Plane Walker deathstormer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talzoor View Post
    During this WF I watched Dragnos easily consume our pug team basically solo. Our team was weak granted (actually both teams where weak) and I was trying out a new spec.

    Anyway, I sat and watch him as he fearlessly face tanked 4 of our guys solo killing them one by one. He tried to solo 6 guys but it was finally too much for him and he died.
    Attachment 19200

    After this wf I had a talk with Dragnos. Very nice guy. He admitted to being a WL, "just a very good one." In his words.

    How can people defend this crap and how can Trion let it go on for so long? They couldn't even get away from him. He was pulling them, ccing them and burning them, a one man killing machine (was kinda cool actually).

    F2p or not this "balancing" is pathetic.
    So your argument is a geared warlord can kill undergeared people? You put that same warlord against a fully geared 90 team and they won't kill a thing.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

  7. #67
    Plane Walker deathstormer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    403

    Default

    focus will be off warlord next week anyway once people realize how much sh*t doms can pick up in he new stormcaller tree. i think every mage has been buffed with a 11 point 50% sprint on such a low CD.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

  8. #68
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deathstormer View Post
    The warlord ST is very very random till BE tho. It's all relying on lucky crits and crit power every 15 secs with decisive/koth. Paragon differs to this where their 15 secs (shifting blades) will go close to killing someone every time.
    Lucky crits? As compared to what? I missed the talented 10% crit buff in most other dps/tank souls im playing or the inherent crit damage. You compared warrior to warrior souls.

    Warlord ST is very reliable, and aside from paragon it gains the most from crit stacking due to inherently high crit % on a tankish soul (you can completely give up end on anything for pure crit power and end up with high hp, great mitigation, and a superbly hard critting soul that is, currently for the most part, inescapable). In all honesty warlord would be pretty crazy OP if it werent for needing slightly higher burst (just slightly mind you) for the crazy healing souls and crosshealing issues.

    I got bored of my r90 warrior and my ten line macros since everything is ogcd and easily macroed. Its not the only soul that needs looked at though.

    In a decently healed wf random X warrior warlord will rule. In a intense heal warfront its the paragon that is needed.

    The way im looking at it is there are actually very few pvp souls now that make a difference in wfs. Game is descending with every pvp ignored patch. Im expecting horrendous chaos with 3.0 due to no care at all for pvp with every dev choice made.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 07-16-2014 at 11:54 PM.

  9. #69
    Shield of Telara Talzoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deathstormer View Post
    You put that same warlord against a fully geared 90 team and they won't kill a thing.
    1. Show me the SS of this, I demand proof of your asinine conjecture.

    2. The gear was WL+ for everyone on my side of the WF.

    But I didn't know gear was the issue. Back to our druid vs warlord. Next time they 1 on 1 i'll make sure to tell the druid that his gear wasn't good enough.

    Oh wait I can predict your response.

    Quote Originally Posted by deathstormer View Post
    I don't pidgeonhole any class into one soul. Any cleric who is playing Druid deserves to lose.
    This is what initially made me stop replying to you because I realized you're a 15-year-old kid who is macerating as someone with knowledge. Anyone not playing a class you ordain as GOOD deserves to lose? So we should all just be playing WL huh?

    Wow. How elitist of you. I'm glad you aren't in charge of Rift because then there would only be 2 souls. WL and Physician right?

    So Trion makes crappy souls by mistake but they can't make OP souls right? Fascinating logic please tell me more about how that works.

    Or wait.. I remember I know what they did wrong. That entire group of bads didn't counter enough right? Please tell these bads how to counter a 40k hps dps monster while they are getting stomped 4 on 1.

    I don't understand your fierce defense of this soul, even when other WL on this board admit to it being OP. Do need the WL soul because you're too bad to play anything else? I can only assume this is true. Change is a scary thing I know. But don't worry lots of good things can be made from change as well.
    Last edited by Talzoor; 07-17-2014 at 12:13 AM.

  10. #70
    Soulwalker Zharday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talzoor View Post
    1. Show me the SS of this, I demand proof of your asinine conjecture.

    2. The gear was WL+ for everyone on my side of the WF.

    But I didn't know gear was the issue. Back to our druid vs warlord. Next time they 1 on 1 i'll make sure to tell the druid that his gear wasn't good enough.

    Oh wait I can predict your response.





    This is what initially made me stop replying to you because I realized you're a 15-year-old kid who is macerating as someone with knowledge. Anyone not playing a class you ordain as GOOD deserves to lose? So we should all just be playing WL huh?

    Wow. How elitist of you. I'm glad you aren't in charge of Rift because then there would only be 2 souls. WL and Physician right?

    So Trion makes crappy souls by mistake but they can't make OP souls right? Fascinating logic please tell me more about how that works.

    Or wait.. I remember I know what they did wrong. That entire group of bads didn't counter enough right? Please tell these bads how to counter a 40k hps dps monster while they are getting stomped 4 on 1.

    I don't understand your fierce defense of this soul, even when other WL on this board admit to it being OP. Do need the WL soul because you're too bad to play anything else? I can only assume this is true. Change is a scary thing I know. But don't worry lots of good things can be made from change as well.
    Hahaha....Deathstormer you can't play any other souls...you 15 year old fierce person you :P Little do you know Talzoor ;)
    But nice try. You don't have to play an OP class to be good...you don't play an OP class and just be a master...it takes some skill and logic too. I've seen bad WL's ive seen really great WL's. Ive seen good and bad physicians. But I guess you are just one of those players that "claims" to be good with a soul that isn't really worth much at all and expect to be great?
    I've seen many WL's smash through whole teams before, but I don't think they are OP. I've seen some people use souls that wouldn't be considered as "powerful" and just play so well, I guess they make you look....bad. Yes lets blame the WL's and even better lets insult those who defend the soul just because we can't play our own soul/class well.....touche! hahaha

    Zharday/Goddessheals/Fearstormer/Warchicky

  11. #71
    Soulwalker Zharday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    23

    Default

    and BTW I LOL'ed so hard at your "asinine conjecture" comment...oh you smarty bum you ;) you know words lol

    Zharday/Goddessheals/Fearstormer/Warchicky

  12. #72
    Shield of Telara Talzoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zharday View Post
    Hahaha....Deathstormer you can't play any other souls...you 15 year old fierce person you :P Little do you know Talzoor ;)
    But nice try. You don't have to play an OP class to be good...you don't play an OP class and just be a master...it takes some skill and logic too. I've seen bad WL's ive seen really great WL's. Ive seen good and bad physicians. But I guess you are just one of those players that "claims" to be good with a soul that isn't really worth much at all and expect to be great?
    I've seen many WL's smash through whole teams before, but I don't think they are OP. I've seen some people use souls that wouldn't be considered as "powerful" and just play so well, I guess they make you look....bad. Yes lets blame the WL's and even better lets insult those who defend the soul just because we can't play our own soul/class well.....touche! hahaha

    lol truth. I'm sure there are bad WL/Phy out there.

    I'll be REALLY impressed to see the badass who can play a druid and kill a p90 WL by your logic tho.

    And I wasn't insulting him at all. It's was a question, an assumption and an observation.

    If you think my post was insulting there you should see me when i'm angry lol! But I don't need to insult anyone here as it's not worth it. When all is said and done it's just a game.

    If you wanna play an OP soul go for it. It's the smart thing to do. I would be mad too if someone was trying to take my crutch away from me and ruin my handicap as well.

    My goal isn't to offend people here but I'm not here to coddle their obvious trolling.

  13. #73
    Soulwalker Zharday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talzoor View Post
    lol truth. I'm sure there are bad WL/Phy out there.

    I'll be REALLY impressed to see the badass who can play a druid and kill a p90 WL by your logic tho.

    And I wasn't insulting him at all. It's was a question, an assumption and an observation.

    If you think my post was insulting there you should see me when i'm angry lol! But I don't need to insult anyone here as it's not worth it. When all is said and done it's just a game.

    If you wanna play an OP soul go for it. It's the smart thing to do. I would be mad too if someone was trying to take my crutch away from me and ruin my handicap as well.

    My goal isn't to offend people here but I'm not here to coddle their obvious trolling.
    Actually according to your logic, a WL in any gear can take on whole teams and be invincible......hmmm strange logic. But as you are playing a cleric who chooses solely to play druid, your problem. If someone defends WL, it's because your assumptions aren't entirely true and perhaps you can take your own advice and learn a soul other than druid...just saying
    Last edited by Zharday; 07-17-2014 at 12:48 AM.

    Zharday/Goddessheals/Fearstormer/Warchicky

  14. #74
    Shield of Telara Talzoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zharday View Post
    Actually according to your logic, a WL in any gear can take on whole teams and be invincible......hmmm strange logic. But as you are playing a cleric who chooses solely to play druid, your problem. If someone defends WL, it's because your assumptions aren't entirely true and perhaps you can take your own advice and learn a soul other than druid...just saying
    I don't know if I was saying that a WL in any gear could take on whole teams and be invincible. But I do think a WL in WL gear could hold his own against p90 players im pretty sure that happens all the time (which is why i asked for screen shots to prove otherwise).

    Very true good call about the druid and then it would be my responsibility to fight for the druid or to play a new soul.

    But that's kinda where I differ from what death is saying. He says we should just play the game with only the good souls but I believe with the right tweaking rift can be more then a game with a few good souls and more of a game with reliant and cooperative souls. Just a difference in opinion I guess.

    I'm not here to ruin WL by any means. It does good dmg (and I want to keep that maybe even raise the damage) but it does not act like a traditional glass cannon dps soul and it's fun getting my head chopped off for pointing that out so I continue to do it.
    Last edited by Talzoor; 07-17-2014 at 01:02 AM.

  15. #75
    Soulwalker Zharday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talzoor View Post
    I don't know if I was saying that a WL in any gear could take on whole teams and be invincible. But I do think a WL in WL gear could hold his own against p90 players im pretty sure that happens all the time (which is why i asked for screen shots to prove otherwise).

    Very true good call about the druid and then it would be my responsibility to fight for the druid or to play a new soul.

    But that's kinda where I differ from what death is saying. He says we should just play the game with only the good souls but I believe with the right tweaking rift can be more then a game with a few good souls and more of a game with reliant and cooperative souls. Just a difference in opinion I guess.

    I'm not here to ruin WL by any means. It does good dmg (and I want to keep that maybe even raise the damage) but it does not act like a traditional glass cannon dps soul and it's fun getting my head chopped off for pointing that out so I continue to do it.
    I doubt that is what Death is saying at all. I believe it is hard to balance classes number one...two, most souls have abilities that if used in conjunction with other abilities from other classes, would help teams to a win or at least fight a better fight. People expect to play a damage class and just one shot, two shot or even three shot people, or just to top scoreboards. Warfronts are supposed to be teamwork, using heals, damage and support together. Doesn't happen all the time and probably never will. What I think Death just said, was that yeah a WL with good gear will cause some destruction and in your example, you said, they were all warlord geared, put that same warlord up against a p90 team and it won't be the same result. Just because someone plays warlord doesn't automatically mean, OMG OP class, no matter what gear, they are just too powerful and too OP.....that is wrong.

    Zharday/Goddessheals/Fearstormer/Warchicky

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts