+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: @Warriors

it's not a nerf till the 15% damage(tactical surge only gives 5% damage) gets taken from tactical surge if that's what goes live. The original swap between the abilities was to nerf warpest and does nothing to 61 warlrod or 48 point hybrids.
    Last edited by deathstormer; 07-09-2014 at 07:30 PM.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

For me 61 tempest is a lot more boring then warlord. I dare you to make changes such as separating killing field from your finisher macro, and separate all your utility on different key binds. I played 51 paragon 25 warlord and the burst is nothing special. Only 61 paragon has the much needed abilities of combat focus, open the stream and alacrity and is good enough at taking down healers or people if no one can die. That is if you are not focused yourself. There are hardly any specs worth playing the design of warriors are flawed. Although warlord may not be perfect it has the tools of what a warrior is meant to be.
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hacknwack View Post
    Paralord, 61 Paragon, Tempagon, 61 RB, 61 Tempest are actually way more fun specs to play in PvP (atleast for me, seeing how I hate 1 button specs).
    not sure how others are playing their warlords, my bar is pretty filled.

macros:
    - builder spam
    - battlefield experience specific spam
    - finisher with killing field
    - finisher without killing field (avoids unwanted attention)
    - charge with ST reactive
    - charge with aoe reactive
    - reactives (energy and arterial strike management)
    - two macros for posture switching

on their own:
    - ST pull
    - aoe pull
    - nptd
    - battlefield medic
    - runspeed
    - planar consumes and buffs
    Fluffybottom no more

Shield of Telara

Paralord, 61 Paragon, Tempagon, 61 RB, 61 Tempest are actually way more fun specs to play in PvP (atleast for me, seeing how I hate 1 button specs).
    I prefer the newer version of warladin, vk/para/lib. About as good at killing healers as anything outside of 61paragon, and much tankier.
    Ezuen@Faeblight<Godlike Awesomeness> lvl 65 p100 warrior
    aka "The Healing Warrior" (before it was cool)

Quote Originally Posted by mini me View Post
    not sure how others are playing their warlords, my bar is pretty filled.

macros:
    - builder spam
    - battlefield experience specific spam
    - finisher with killing field
    - finisher without killing field (avoids unwanted attention)
    - charge with ST reactive
    - charge with aoe reactive
    - reactives (energy and arterial strike management)
    - two macros for posture switching

on their own:
    - ST pull
    - aoe pull
    - nptd
    - battlefield medic
    - runspeed
    - planar consumes and buffs
    Its just easier to dismiss WL as a one button face roll spec. I think most people are talking about its high damage, high health and easy rotation when they say "one button". And hey I like Paragon but I use less binds for it than I do for WL.

Shield of Telara

If you have less than 15 binds or so in any spec, you're doing it wrong.
    Ezuen@Faeblight<Godlike Awesomeness> lvl 65 p100 warrior
    aka "The Healing Warrior" (before it was cool)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by SpellwarriorX View Post
    What should be done is add another break for other souls for warriors in para,rb or champ. Thunderous leap should be buffed to a teleport. Warriors should be the most dexterous in the frontline and have erratic movement. The champ fear should be moved down for hybrids if there are no future changes for the soul the extra utility is a must. Then delete the pull given in 0 warlord; there should have been a primary focus on mobility. However, it seems warlord is the only specially designed pvp soul for warriors.
    Its current durability and sustained damage along with burst and spamming charges is an issue. That and stacking cp with its high inherent crit rating places it just under a paragon, but waaaayyu more sturdy. Energy starving takes it out but any dom takes out all rogue and warrior souls so thats kind of a lost point.

At the least id get rid of the spam charges and its ranged mitigation. If this were a basic game its dps would be rated very good and its survivability extremely good. Most any other very good dps soul would be average or low rating survivability. I.e not balanced. While there is 1-2 other souls like it in wfs they too need looked at, which doesnt excuse not doing some minor changes to bring it in line for pvp purposes.

Too bad this game is completely pve minded.

How hard does this killing field aoe typically hit? I see it a lot just don't remember.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    How hard does this killing field aoe typically hit? I see it a lot just don't remember.
    1-1.5k crit ticks, ticks a lot so it's pretty good throughout the duration.

But all in all it's just another rift storm hysteria because it has a dramatic sound effect so when people get whacked by 7k koths and decisives with piercing and breaking on top and followed by a rooting charge every time they try to open distance they think it's rift storm because everyone knows rift storm is doing all the damage that was ever done anywhere.

I'd like to see battle surge 10% self debuff go away and energy starvation removed to compensate for the significant dmg loss. There's no excuse to have such starvation really, it's the main reason I end up going paragon because I just can't stand seeing no yellow bar. Dps reduction does make sense tho, no question about it.
    Ervun@Typhiria Vrablord@Typhiria
    Apotheosys
    HK 10/11

General of Telara

And did I say koth and decisive are usable while debilitated?
    Ervun@Typhiria Vrablord@Typhiria
    Apotheosys
    HK 10/11

Quote Originally Posted by Vrab View Post
    1-1.5k crit ticks, ticks a lot so it's pretty good throughout the duration.

But all in all it's just another rift storm hysteria because it has a dramatic sound effect so when people get whacked by 7k koths and decisives with piercing and breaking on top and followed by a rooting charge every time they try to open distance they think it's rift storm because everyone knows rift storm is doing all the damage that was ever done anywhere.

I'd like to see battle surge 10% self debuff go away and energy starvation removed to compensate for the significant dmg loss. There's no excuse to have such starvation really, it's the main reason I end up going paragon because I just can't stand seeing no yellow bar. Dps reduction does make sense tho, no question about it.

Sounds fine to me.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

i don't think any warlord really uses 1 button.
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Sounds fine to me.
    It really is fluff damage man I'm running with 900 crit power and 4k AP atm and the highest i see is like 1800 on very undergeared people. it's just because it's ticking on 5 people it pads our damage. The 7-8k decisive strikes and koth crits hit hard but again 15 secs CD and they both have to crit for it to be any real burst. It's BE to watch for and really smart people just shut the warlord down squirrel/drain for that min CD. If any nerf need to be done to the 61 point warlord it's prolly remove the infinite charges while BE is up. Nerfing with a flat 15% on a 48 point talent just ruins the hybrid options. Warriors will say paralord, palalord, etc for pvp options, because the soul is our only real pvp built soul for our main role of being at the front.
    Last edited by deathstormer; 07-10-2014 at 05:52 AM.
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Default PVP is a foreign term in the sense of this game

Last time I checked it was normal for warriors to be top tier face to face, rogues would pwn with a sneak attack, mages would kill at range, and clerics would be a pain because of heals. This game cannot be balanced because it gave up on it, Rift is a great idea that went completely dumb, so forget balance on any class scale, enjoy the game or ***** at them enough so they retool it, because as it stands, a game that refuses to define itself can have no definition.

Ascendant

Sounds fine to me.
    The problem is its on a tank like soul with a lot more then just KF.

When the only better soul is para with arguably the best burst in game (albeit/min) then you know a tank/dps hybrid has too much of something and the other dps and pure hybrid like souls for warrior (ill clump pali into this) are lacking. Warrior really has great potential with hardly any choices.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast