+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Guardian Phase. An inquiry.

Default Guardian Phase. An inquiry.

it reduces damage done by 30%
    it reduces healing done by non riftstalker abilities by 30%

I would like a solid explanation as to why this is essential to some of your dps/heal specs in warfronts. I would like to know, honestly, because I am a horrible and/or mediocre rogue who is interested in improving my pvp experience. I see very many guardian phase buffs and I am curious what the -30% dmg/heal tradeoff is. Please and thank you.

Clearly it's for the 5% endurance, 200% armor, and 200% threat generation!!

I was wondering about threat generation in pvp. Does that make everyone attack you? cause I see tanks getting focused a lot in warfronts. I figured they probably have high threat. I would like to be more threatening.

This should be PSA of sorts.

Guardian Phase: You are not going to be doing damage worth a kill or healing worth a save. Use this buff if you are something akin to a 51+ RS tank playing the role of a mobile objective running tank.

That is all there really is too it.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Strictly for pve tanking purpose unless you just want to loltrol yourself through wf's. Threat generating doesn't work on players.

do you think it would be weird if I emptied all my little travel bottles of shampo and such and filled them with vodka? I don't think I can drink al this before I catch my flight he tomoorrow. do you think it would look odd if I poured vodka from a shampoo bottle into my complementary beverage on the plane?

do you think that guardian phase gives rogues a false sense of survivability?I'm drunk.

buff guardian phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    do you think it would be weird if I emptied all my little travel bottles of shampo and such and filled them with vodka? I don't think I can drink al this before I catch my flight he tomoorrow. do you think it would look odd if I poured vodka from a shampoo bottle into my complementary beverage on the plane?

do you think that guardian phase gives rogues a false sense of survivability?I'm drunk.

buff guardian phase.
    lol...

Ascendant

I wish I could give Appendy more than 1 like per post.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

good news I'm down to about 3 oz. ready for takeoff *****es

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    Strictly for pve tanking purpose unless you just want to loltrol yourself through wf's. Threat generating doesn't work on players.
    I use it when running PS stones and BG: Stockpile Orbs. That is *it*. Which is in a 61rs spec.
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-08-2014 at 08:53 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Clearly it's for the 5% endurance, 200% armor, and 200% threat generation!!
    it's +100% armor and +20% resist, but yeah... maybe people feel that nobody will focus them because of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    it's +100% armor and +20% resist, but yeah... maybe people feel that nobody will focus them because of it.
    is it worth the 30% reduction? I'm curious because it seems rogues have good dps specs that aren't necessarily glass cannons. I see phys with guardian phase when phys is already op. I see mm with guardian phase and I'm like wtf you reduced yourself to usingg a peashooter. you don't deserve to survive longer at this point. whywjywjywhy goddammit. I wonder that zzzzzzzzz

still waiting for pro rogue response

I also got my vodka in 2 shampoo bottles. up up and awaaaaaay...

Shadowlander

Oh Appendy. Thanks for making my morning before I finished my first cuppa coffee. I shall be sure to use Guardian Phase all the time now, and when questioned, I shall tell them that you told me to do so.

hair extensions sets off airport security. nerf hair extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    I was wondering about threat generation in pvp. Does that make everyone attack you? cause I see tanks getting focused a lot in warfronts. I figured they probably have high threat. I would like to be more threatening.
    I have a theory on this, people hit tab, find a target and keep pressing buttons until it dies. So, when people tab and find a tank, they are stuck because it takes so long to kill the tank. It's like when birds die from exhaustion flying around radio tower lights. They get stuck in a loop because they don't have a feedback check. I know they could just hit tab again and find a new target but they don't even see it, like the birds in the loop, only death or turning off the light works. My alternate theory is that people are ******ed mostly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast