+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: So you think you're Studly?

Shadowlander

Default So you think you're Studly?

Since there hasn't been a I AM GOD AT PVP thread for awhile. Why not start the troll thread now. Oh BTW that was a solo Que.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails So you think you're Studly?-2014-07-08_142329.jpg  
    Last edited by MrStudly; 07-08-2014 at 11:46 AM.
    Mrstudly@Deepwood Or Mrs. Tudley if you like

A cleric should be healing and not heard.
    Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well, he eats you.

Those 11 deaths on your team could have been prevented had you rolled Sent.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

http://i.imgur.com/eIqJ2MN.jpg

The opposite team was full of 20k HP players.

Dat Q system!
    Last edited by BeatrixCid; 07-08-2014 at 12:34 PM.
    The "D" in Djent is silent.
    Djent

Rift Chaser

Whoever that guy is with the sig:

you shouldn't of rolled rogue if you didn't want to heal.

Champion of Telara

I was really trying to be impressed by an e-peen. The real ones are still much more impressive even the small ones.

Hey, that Mrs Tudley chick in the screenie didn't do too bad... which one are you?
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

Telaran

WTF Studly, learn2heal

Quote Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
    A cleric should be healing and not heard.
    A cleric should heal if other souls can properly smash their DPS. If the cleric is soaring way above everyone in even DPS, IMO, they can do whatever they want without much concern. If he wasn't DPS'ing, the DPS on that team looks pretty scary.

It is a sad day when clerics have to choose between being the top healer or the top DPS. Sadly, Rogues are beginning to find themselves in this situation too! I used to always say, I LOVE healing, I just want to heal people that would do what I would do or better .
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-08-2014 at 02:10 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Just a game from this morning. Was playing the 'ol Sin. Came in late and still worked my way to the top. But, I feel bad for that other team. I must have massively out-geared them because I hardly even took heals and they went down so easy...

http://i.imgur.com/KARPxiu.jpg

Then just my BD doing its thing. I only looked within the last 24 hours of anything half-redeemable in the SS folder. This was just some game from yesterday evening.

http://i.imgur.com/HlT1MFS.jpg

/shrug, all I got for e-peen flexing without digging too deep . There, I participated.
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-08-2014 at 02:16 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ahh the edit timer, I'll flex the Ranger a bit since people seem to be trashing it (even me?!?). Why do I always get in late?

http://i.imgur.com/bJ3DDZt.jpg

Ranger, pa-pow. Those finishers sniping KBs. Not much healing taken .
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-08-2014 at 02:20 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Ahh the edit timer, I'll flex the Ranger a bit since people seem to be trashing it (even me?!?). Why do I always get in late?

http://i.imgur.com/bJ3DDZt.jpg

Ranger, pa-pow. Those finishers sniping KBs. Not much healing taken .
    Yea ranger isn't bad at all, how much cp do you have?? cause I only find it to be worth using with high cp maybe 700 or so.

Heres a few games this week with ranger, I've been enjoying it a lot.

http://imgur.com/MnArf7Q
    http://imgur.com/RpCW2pi

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    It is a sad day when clerics have to choose between being the top healer or the top DPS
    Sometimes, you've just

gotta do both.
    Devaak@Seastone <The Cult> Server First Dreambreaker. Because I am that damn good.
    Nixium the Prestigious@Seastone Mage is hard, lessons plz

Quote Originally Posted by Kiika View Post
    Yea ranger isn't bad at all, how much cp do you have?? cause I only find it to be worth using with high cp maybe 700 or so.

Heres a few games this week with ranger, I've been enjoying it a lot.

http://imgur.com/MnArf7Q
    http://imgur.com/RpCW2pi
    Yeah, heal a ranger and they will definitely throw some nice damage at the other team. I should play it more often than I do, it definitely can perform. I am just blah @ pets.

907cp with the +88 proc on (I sort of factor it in since it is a pretty reliable proc in PvP often). But 39.2% crit power with the Ranger self buff. 3065ap/2401veng and 14.45% base crit chance, but of course, 24.45% crit chance with the Ranger self buffs/talent. I just use 5sin/10nb for off souls. Never put much thought into them tbh.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

edit: I do aim for CP, but I also aim to keep some other stats in line. Like I purposely op'd for a BP from a box with high stats and crit chance (it's pretty hot, like 97dex/52str/68veng/116 crit chance). Figure if I am going to stack CP I should try to keep stats high when I can and still hold onto a few true crit chance items. I think for Rogue it is more about balance, because you have to remember (it works with veng too), lots of abilities increase AP contribution. Like the BD end ability increases AP contribution by 150%. sin poisons get +30% AP contribution. Lots of DPS specs include 1 or 2 talents with +10% ap. BD has several AP contribution temps and talents (like for their off-hand). And Physician has stuff like AP buffs from their crystal and even more AP contribution talents. CP rocks but, I think it is a fault sometimes when I see people try to b-line way too hard to a high CP number. Because after all, AP *does* increase your critical hits as well. Just not as much. But yeah, it also depends on the spec.

I am lucky most of my favorite rogue specs include ways to force crits or high crit chance potentials. Sin is high chance, BD has a mega crit chance temp, MM has a high chance/can force one every minute - only one fav spec I feel shorted a tad with is NB. But when it does crit, I do some decent finishers.

Just wanted to add, I don't think CP is everything. It certainly packs a punch when you get geared up, but I think if you just aim for CP and let stuff like AP and crit chance slide too much then you may lower your overall potential or just be a crit wonder. But if you aren't gaining enough CP relative to losing the other things, you can sort of come out under >.<. I guess this was my experience, I messed around with gear infinitely and still do it to a degree. I have *plenty* of hits that are not crit after all, and while experimenting I found that if those numbers drop too low it's just not worth the higher CP. Like, as a general rule of thumb (since I aim for glass cannon anyway and these seem to feature higher END in return), I don't use the pieces without STR. I spose you can get away with it on 1 or 2 items. But if you do it a lot, you will eventually be losing AP...and crit chance by a decent amount.

Just bored/rambling, my 2c on the stats for a Rogue. I just see people ask about CP. I think way more than CP plays into my rogues potential. I hear its different for other classes, but I think Rogues have to keep things sort of in balance since we have so many AP contribution talents. simply put, 30ap is not simply just 30ap for a Rogue. >.<
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast