Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: PVP Arena: 2v2, 3v3

Soulwalker

Default PVP Arena: 2v2, 3v3

Hello,

has anybody info of add PVP Arena to RIFT?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by brpzik146 View Post
    Hello,

has anybody info of add PVP Arena to RIFT?

Thank you
    No Arenas in Rift PVP, no PVP in Rift PvP.

Plane Walker

The developers are pretty dead set against arena in Rift. But in general the developers are dead set against working towards improving PvP at all in Rift. They genuinely just don't care about PvP or the PvP playerbase of the game. To my knowledge they don't even have any developers dedicated to working on PvP in the game. They just have a couple of the PvE developers work on PvP in their down time when they're not overly busy with PvE content.
    Last edited by Kenjitamura; 07-08-2014 at 02:26 AM.

At this point in time, it is safe to say that Trion is anti-PvP.

Do not expect Arenas, do not expect meaningful content with fair and decent rewards.

The only "Arenas" that you can expect are arbitrary tournaments created by the PvP community.

Understand one thing, the only reason PvP exists is because of its community and player created content; Trion has done absolutely nothing but provide the foundations. While we scramble around trying to build a house with only half of the materials.

Rift Disciple

Arenas? Wow = that way ----->

Keep that crap out of Rift. I praise Trion for doing so up to now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomthebomb View Post

Conquest much better than skill based pvp...
    ...for sure...
    ...because bads can blame all other 50 players in their team.
    Last edited by Morwath; 07-08-2014 at 05:18 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    Conquest much better than skill based pvp...
    ...for sure...
    ...because bads can blame all other 50 players in their team.
    Skillbased pvp does not exist in MMOs. Especially not in Arenas, where pillar humping, and flavors of the month determine who is going to win more than who is the most skilled.

Who said I prefer CQ? It has its own issues, but CQ and WFs in Rift are way better than Arenas.

Skill based PvP matters quite a bit. You can even get free money if you're good enough, just check out WoW's streamers.

But yes, better off with the competition. Trion hates PvP.

Skillbased pvp does not exist in MMOs.
    Really?

Especially not in Arenas, where pillar humping, and flavors of the month determine who is going to win more than who is the most skilled.

Who said I prefer CQ? It has its own issues, but CQ and WFs in Rift are way better than Arenas.
    So how FotMs doesn't affect Rift WFs?
    Are you trying to tell me that team full of Riftblades, Elementalists, Wardens and Druids has chances against team composed of our dear FotM Warlords, Paragons, Pyros, Dominators, Sentinels etc?

Rift Disciple

Really?

So how FotMs doesn't affect Rift WFs?
    Are you trying to tell me that team full of Riftblades, Elementalists, Wardens and Druids has chances against team composed of our dear FotM Warlords, Paragons, Pyros, Dominators, Sentinels etc?
    FoTM has much greater effect when only 4 people or even six on the field vs 10-20+, much less of an issue, pretty much a non-issue in WFs and definitely a non-issue in CQ.

FoTM has much greater effect when only 4 people
    Bads can hide in bigger groups and get carried, nothing new.
    However in 4v4 grouping with baddie means lose. Thats the only difference, thats why bads doesn't want 4v4.

or even six on the field vs 10-20+, much less of an issue,

pretty much a non-issue in WFs and definitely a non-issue in CQ.
    Non-issue in CQ?
    At EU 80% of times wins the same Premade. And only because random bads doesn't switch to CQ FotM AoE specs, so they lose game for their teams, each single time.

Rift Disciple

Bads can hide in bigger groups and get carried, nothing new.
    However in 4v4 grouping with baddie means lose. Thats the only difference, thats why bads doesn't want 4v4.
    You think what you want. Some people just see it differently. Your prerogative how you want to justify it or not.

Non-issue in CQ?
    At EU 80% of times wins the same Premade. And only because random bads doesn't switch to CQ FotM AoE specs, so they lose game for their teams, each single time.
    the AOE specs are a must for CQ. That has nothing to do with flavor of the month, just a fact of the battleground. Agreed that randoms often have the wrong spec for CQ, and they don't understand CQ and therefore just zerg and follow the crowd. Randoms who have a leader stand a good chance of winning. Especially if he is called Eliterogue.

Default Conquest "the leech"

I would have to disagree with your statement. Arena's maybe not be the best possible solution for Rift, I agree especially when in this case it requires a lot of resources; however, small scale pvp promotes more individual skill.

A good comparison is playing off against another player in a duel, it is your skill,spec and gear that ultimately determines the outcome. On the contrary, look at conquest, you get carried and individual skill is undermined there. You can only stand out in conquest by being in a premade, which is usually stacked and exploits the game queuing system. I could go on more about the previous example, and mention the many problems like the low fps, or 2 button aoe macro spam, but lets not go there.

I would finally like to point out things are so bad at the moment because competitiveness is discouraged for the end-game. The people who didn't like wow arenas went to rift; yet most of these players quit because there was no endgame, as Trion did not think of a good solution besides these so called arenas. I believe currently the endgame is the main problem and only promoting player created content does not fix this issue. The grind to prestige 90 is so easy that many people can level there alts to prestige 90 very quickly. The good players need somewhere else to play besides farming fresh 60's. In doing so, will allow new players a better fighting chance. After all warfronts were originally aimed at the casual pvp audience.

Tl;dr: Pvp sure got ****ed up with conquest.
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

Especially if he is called Eliterogue.
    Thats a little offtopic, but Eliterogue can't lead anything.
    Half of community has him on ignore.

Rift Disciple

Thats a little offtopic, but Eliterogue can't lead anything.
    Half of community has him on ignore.
    Notice the hammer

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast