+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: WF Gear Gap (Health) equals ouch

Soulwalker Vaeringjar Immigrant's Avatar

Default WF Gear Gap (Health) equals ouch

Coming off Warhammer Online, one expects there to be a nasty gear gap on your characters when they max level. Going up against RR100s when you're only 80 was brutal.

But this in no way compares to Queuing for Warfronts in Rift at Prestige Rank 55 (even in full Freelancer sans the 120k ea essences) against Prestige 90s in full Myrmidon.

It is so lop side it's ridiculous. Primarily due to the lack of health bolstering.

You'd think that the WF would equalize the population, but the evidence suggest that the population is mostly 80+ already and most the sub 80s are farming in the sub 60 bracket (which even I tried to do but the exp gain cant be turned off)

As new gear gets added, I suggest you revisit your bolstering code. The health differences are almost 15-20k difference. I expect better geared players to have the satisfaction of knowing their DPS is superior, but with such massive endurance (health) gaps, this merely makes that difference a joke and quit literally skill-less.
    Myscha the sleddog
    Falasarna - Shaman
    Industry Veteran (Unreal, Unreal Tournament, Crysis, Crysis Warhead, Warhammer 40k Dark Millenium, Doom)

i have 48k HP on my chloromancer

Rift Chaser

it happen on all pvp in every mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaeringjar Immigrant View Post
    Coming off Warhammer Online, one expects there to be a nasty gear gap on your characters when they max level. Going up against RR100s when you're only 80 was brutal.

But this in no way compares to Queuing for Warfronts in Rift at Prestige Rank 55 (even in full Freelancer sans the 120k ea essences) against Prestige 90s in full Myrmidon.

It is so lop side it's ridiculous. Primarily due to the lack of health bolstering.

You'd think that the WF would equalize the population, but the evidence suggest that the population is mostly 80+ already and most the sub 80s are farming in the sub 60 bracket (which even I tried to do but the exp gain cant be turned off)

As new gear gets added, I suggest you revisit your bolstering code. The health differences are almost 15-20k difference. I expect better geared players to have the satisfaction of knowing their DPS is superior, but with such massive endurance (health) gaps, this merely makes that difference a joke and quit literally skill-less.
    do you have full conquest power? do you have everything runed? do you have orbs on your gear? it isn't gear alone that's giving the massive difference. Seems to be a lot of fresh 60's trying to pvp without even 6 essence slots then saying it's a gear thing. i imagine the bolster will be lifted in 3.0
    Last edited by deathstormer; 07-07-2014 at 09:40 PM.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Prophet of Telara

The difference in HP isn't that big when you have all slot equiped. If you have full FL with BIS PvE runes and Orbs you may even end with more HP than people in Myrmidon because those often go for CP items which have less endurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    The difference in HP isn't that big when you have all slot equiped. If you have full FL with BIS PvE runes and Orbs you may even end with more HP than people in Myrmidon because those often go for CP items which have less endurance.
    yeah I've finally got up to 900 CP and i dropped a ton of endurance for it.
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

So the OP examined the health of a pyromancer in freelancer gear and a Paladin in Myrm gear before concluding hp is the leading cause of imbalance in rift.

I see.

Two things at play here:

1. They want you to buy boosts from the cash shop to shorten the gear grind (or better yet, just buy the gear!).
    2. They want to force you to do Conquest to rank up / grind favour because it makes an insanely unpopular waste of development resources look better to corporate.

I doubt you'll see a change before 3.0. People say "oh put dream orbs and runes on your gear" -- but don't, it's a waste of money. Accept your fate: you have to CQ zerg-surf and be useless in Warfronts for weeks or months. It's almost a blessing that this is such a turn-off because when you do get that gear and see what "end-game" PvP is you'll just be disappointed, anyway.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 07-07-2014 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Two things at play here:

1. They want you to buy boosts from the cash shop to shorten the gear grind (or better yet, just buy the gear!).
    2. They want to force you to do Conquest to rank up / grind favour because it makes an insanely unpopular waste of development resources look better to corporate.

I doubt you'll see a change before 3.0. People say "oh put dream orbs and runes on your gear" -- but don't, it's a waste of money. Accept your fate: you have to CQ zerg-surf and be useless in Warfronts for weeks or months. It's almost a blessing that this is such a turn-off because when you do get that gear and see what "end-game" PvP is you'll just be disappointed, anyway.
    Runes aren't a waste.... you can unsocket them and move them to the next set of gear. And on laethys orbs can get as low as 20 plat each.
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Quote Originally Posted by deathstormer View Post
    Runes aren't a waste.... you can unsocket them and move them to the next set of gear. And on laethys orbs can get as low as 20 plat each.
    yeah 20 plat each (they're min 40 on my shard wtf) and you'll go through 15 of them getting [whichever stat you don't want] x4 pieces

and yes you can unsocket them, which... costs money. which is a waste considering how quickly you can get from FL to WL. you're also blowing money on runes that won't hold their value because the BIS are all from RNG boxes and PvE rep because ... surprise! they want you to buy that ****.

yeah 20 plat each (they're min 40 on my shard wtf) and you'll go through 15 of them getting [whichever stat you don't want] x4 pieces

and yes you can unsocket them, which... costs money. which is a waste considering how quickly you can get from FL to WL. you're also blowing money on runes that won't hold their value because the BIS are all from RNG boxes and PvE rep because ... surprise! they want you to buy that ****.
    i wouldn't be too fussy using orbs as long as you get main stat + end. 3-4 goes each piece. it's better than no orbs. PVE rep runes are big for cloak, ring, belt and trinket slots. But the grind is easy really apart from empyreal(trinket). The thing with pve runes, you only need the rep on one toon. The runes are account bound. Any runes are better than none as well.
    Last edited by deathstormer; 07-07-2014 at 11:57 PM.
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Two things at play here:

I'll have full pvp relics by next week, I didn't get there by QQing on the forums, I put in my work, and got rewarded. Maybe the OP and others could learn a thing about dedication, this is an MMORPG, you work towards a goal, its not your Xbox360 plug/play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaeringjar Immigrant View Post
    The health differences are almost 15-20k difference.
    its not gear causing such a big difference. its spec.
    you are using a pve spec in pvp.
    the guy with more HP is using a pvp spec in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    its not gear causing such a big difference. its spec.
    you are using a pve spec in pvp.
    the guy with more HP is using a pvp spec in pvp.
    You should see the gear some of the people making these threads are wearing, leveling blues/greens, I mean, they discovered pvp when they ding 60. But you know, anyone in maxed out gear didn't have to suffer what they're suffering or anything like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

new player makes a legit comment, (i have about 10k health above a rank 60 paragon and my damage is probably double theres) and all the bads come out of the woodwork

this is pvp you shoudnt have to spend 6 months of getting your *** kicked just to be competitive(6 months of cq too since wf prestige and favor is pathetic). pvp is about skill and the only way you want such a huge gear gap is if you dont have skill to back it up. earning gear is great its part of an MMO but lowering the gap is also part of it. also all pvp bis should be available through pvp. IE more quests for IS, plat and pvp specific ruins that are better than pve for pvp(Put valor and vengence on them and make them earned through wf rep grinds)

lol at the people saying buy ruins and orbs. just spend all your game time grinding plat, rep and IS so that in a year you can be on the same level as the vets. i mean playing pvp to get better at pvp and bis pvp gear is frowned upon in this game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast