+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: WF Gear Gap (Health) equals ouch

I can get around 40k with my inquis... full myrm and stuff but when you drop all the CP and dmg subsoul you end up hitting for nothing....
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=806168&dateline=13715  70211

You wont see a 15k hp increase from freelancer to MM gear.

Spec has a large impact on your hp pool, second endurance runes, and endurance dream orbs will have the next largest impact.

When I started in Freelancers my old 61 pyro build had roughly 26k hp with dps runes. At full MM (before warlord essences) I had just under 31k hp with dps runes.

I then swapped to Endurance runes and added some more hp/mitigation to the build via an arbiter subsoul and ended up at 37k hp.

I now run a pyro arb hybrid (pyrobiter) and cruise around with 49k hp.
    Illusive - EQ - retired, Illu - EQ2 - retired
    Illusive - Vanguard SoH - retired
    Illusive - AoC - retired
    Illusive - WoW - retired
    IllusiveEQ - Rift - current

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    Storm legion was designed for FTP, in order to rank to p90+max the 4 or 5 pve reputations for runes and have the plat needed for BIS runes ECT, you need to spend 9+ hours a day as a FTP or non patron to get p90 2 months.
    Jesus christ you're ignorant...

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    Or you can pay an absurd amount of money to speed the process up, otherwise like DDAY said it will take 6 months or longer with people who have a life to hit p90 and get everything you need to be competitive, and for what? to kill under geared players and play like hardly any pvp content.
    jesus christ you're just flat out being absurd.
    Really, ever since f2p hit, people are blaming everything in the game on f2p.
    Its always been a grind to hit max prestige and that has never changed.
    None of you guys seem to remember how long it took to get to rank 8.
    Or rank 10 back in the day.

Hecl, most of the people whohit rank 90 in a short amount of time PvP and farm in CQ.
    It doesn't take no 6 months to hit p90. *shakes his head* So silly.

Seriously, if you're going to be saying these kinds of things, you might as well just stop playing RIFT cause its clear you're not in a state where you can give a non-biased answer.

Edit: Correct, itmay take 6 months grinding it out from rank 1 or something, but that is a very small grind considering you're going through 90 of them. This was no different than grindinng it out from rank 1 to rank 8, or from rank 1 to rank 10.
    Last edited by Katosu; 07-08-2014 at 07:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

Ascendant

double post
    Last edited by Katosu; 07-08-2014 at 07:50 AM.

Champion of Telara

I was competitive from Day 1 as a 60 because I saved a bunch of favor from 55-60 and made sure all of my slots were filled/runed. I had zero help and sent no real money in the store.

Honestly this is truly a L2P issue. The specs and equipment are readily available for being successful in PvP early on. You are only getting incremental improvements from from FL to MM/Relic.

And as others have said, as a DPS when I started upgrading Myrm with drops I went all SP and CP over Endurance and only have 30k HPs on my P90 Inquisitor.

Back on topic...

The gear issues in WAR were way worse than they are on Rift.
    I played WAR from release and i quit when they raised the RR to 100 with the new related gear... that made the most insane and stupidly OP gear gap i've ever seen on an MMORPG in the last 10+ years.

In Rift with a full Warlord set you can be competitive and it doesn't take 6 months to get.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=806168&dateline=13715  70211

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    I'll have full pvp relics by next week, I didn't get there by QQing on the forums, I put in my work, and got rewarded. Maybe the OP and others could learn a thing about dedication, this is an MMORPG, you work towards a goal, its not your Xbox360 plug/play.
    I used to do this (probably much more than you did). Unfortunately it's not about putting in time and working toward a goal anymore, it's about RNG luck with lockboxes, RNG luck with CQ chests, RNG luck with the ****ty matchmaking system. When character progression becomes a matter of chance instead of a matter of effort the incentive for personal investment disintegrates.

6 months is absurd. What are you basing that on, playing 2 hrs a day on the weekends?

My mage hit Lv60 (R60) on 3/22/2014. She is currently R90 with 4 relic pieces.

My rogue hit Lv60 (R60) on 4/18/2014. She is currently R83 with full warlord and 4 pieces of myrmidon.

My cleric hit Lv60 (R60) on 4/28/2014. She is currently R82 with full warlord and 3 pieces of myrmidon.

My warrior hit Lv60 (R54) on 6/1/2014. She is currently R76 with full warlord gear.

** All characters have complete R70 essences, a mixture of PVP/PVE runes in all armor and weapons, and orbs in the appropriate slots.
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

I have two rank 90 in full Myrmidon, it didn't take me 6 months, and I work 40+ hours a week, whoever is making these claims need to check themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyhawke View Post
    6 months is absurd. What are you basing that on, playing 2 hrs a day on the weekends?

My mage hit Lv60 (R60) on 3/22/2014. She is currently R90 with 4 relic pieces.

My rogue hit Lv60 (R60) on 4/18/2014. She is currently R83 with full warlord and 4 pieces of myrmidon.

My cleric hit Lv60 (R60) on 4/28/2014. She is currently R82 with full warlord and 3 pieces of myrmidon.

My warrior hit Lv60 (R54) on 6/1/2014. She is currently R76 with full warlord gear.

** All characters have complete R70 essences, a mixture of PVP/PVE runes in all armor and weapons, and orbs in the appropriate slots.
    Maybe you should go outside....do your slash played. People work and have lives, grinding non stop to get to max level is not fun. Plus you aren't even max gear yet..

And I'm guessing you do a lot of cq which is the only way to level that fast

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    I have two rank 90 in full Myrmidon, it didn't take me 6 months, and I work 40+ hours a week, whoever is making these claims need to check themselves.
    Not everyone has the time or desire to zerg-surf in CQ premades several nights a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Not everyone has the time or desire to zerg-surf in CQ premades several nights a week.
    My mage is still only 84 because I refuse to do that. PvP is suppose to be fun and cq is the opposite of that regardless of how much faster it is grinding. It's like dags is so scared of cq being a ghost town if they didn't make it so important.

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    Maybe you should go outside....do your slash played. People work and have lives, grinding non stop to get to max level is not fun. Plus you aren't even max gear yet..

And I'm guessing you do a lot of cq which is the only way to level that fast
    Unforunately I'm physically disabled in real life and unable to go outside.

FWIW, /played says:

R90 mage: 24 days, 23 hrs, 39 min, 23 sec
    R83 rogue: 13 days, 12 hrs, 27 min, 32 sec
    R82 cleric: 11 days 12 hrs, 43 min, 7 sec
    R76 warrior: 11 days, 22 hrs, 18 min, 45 sec

No, they're not "max geared," however they are competitively geared, which I believe was the topic being discussed.
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

I felt absolutely fine on my cleric when I DPS'd or Healed from day 1. And this was an alt that hit the scene fresh, and sometimes got mixed with in decked r90's, while lots of main toons had already made heavy progression. I felt my disadvantage at times when I had no crystal and all the bottom notch loot. But I also still felt viable, I was just not able to be a beast powerhouse in every game. But I would say once you get that full second set and the second crystal, you should feel perfectly viably and fine. No, you may not beat a decked our toon gear wise 1 v 1, but you are HIGHLY viable at that level and capable of doing some real dirt. I had plenty games where my silly inq was coming in with the best of them DPS wise when I was set far back in progression. And I felt I filled a healers role fine, and I could feel the impact working great. But I also played mostly defiler, which isn't that gear reliant to do some of its best executions and team play roles.

There is a gap but, I just felt like once I was breaking into the third set of gear that I was really in the clear for being okay power-wise. But I kept care of all my runes too. Being lazy about runes, or settling for cheaper versions (when you can afford the better ones) is just about the same disparity, if not far greater, than that between gear tiers. Stats are stats, I don't know why people focus so much on the ones that come solely from gear. There are so many things that factor into the result you see of a toon, stat wise.

Anyhow, in my Assassin spec at 61 I have 27,745 HP when I just checked (full self buffs, including feast, but no END vials though or other lingering buffs from others). I am r90 with 8/11 relic items, I do indeed wear the PvP seal, use the relic sigil, and 5/6 of my essences are pretty nasty ones from boxes, including the two nifty DPS greaters (dmg/heal proc, and the 88cp proc). Most my runes are also the good ones from the boxes (like the 70cp + END, 3/4 of the 43 vengeance + 20end ones for weapons/seal etc) But, I also take glass cannon much closer to the meaning of it than most in this game I find. These "DPS" specs with 40k+ hp are hybrids or END stacked. The only place I utterly slacked is the Trinket rune. I haven't even gotten the rep to get the ghetto version. And likewise, the ghetto version is the only neck rune I can access. Small, but it would help, and probably send my self buffed HP just past 28k .

My healer (61) lands around 32 - 33k hp. (34 with others buffs). And the hybrid version of it packs like 38 - 40k hp with my setup. I think last time I tried either a NB or sin/RS spec I was landing around the same, 38 - 40k hp. It's all about how you gear yourself. People don't get to have their cake and eat it too in this game, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-08-2014 at 02:06 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    Maybe you should go outside....do your slash played.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyhawke View Post
    Unforunately I'm physically disabled in real life and unable to go outside.

Well I think its fair to say this topic is going to get closed soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast