+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Mage - Always horrible?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Not sure what to say with the pyro changes, but a pyro is pretty great if you know how to play one. Dom is also the same for support, and shaman if you have some heals.
    Hey guys, Shaman is now a mage soul!

Quote Originally Posted by Moirg View Post
    Hey guys, Shaman is now a mage soul!
    We traded it for SC because clerics needed a real dps class. It was the right thing to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    I don't pocket heal

warrior is geared and one of best in game

meduza required significantly less heals due to proper positioning
    You
    said
    all
    this
    in
    one

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    Mage's best roles right now are not KB machines and they take some thought to work right, double whammy for most people. I play mage daily and don't have a single gripe about it, pretty happy with Dom, Harb, Chloro and Arbiter tbh.
    Mage does fine as a KB machine. I don't know how you can be happy with Harb though, considering how melee souls in other callings perform. Chloro has its place but it's still pretty weak and can be extremely frustrating when you get a pair of 'sins constantly gibbing you in 3 seconds out of stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Diabl0 View Post
    I am a lvl 54, almost 55, Mage. I have Pyro as my main, Chloro as my second, and as my 0 I have Necro. I have tried TONS of different builds, I have looked at TONS of guide. For some reason I am always in the bottom 3 for Damage Done, I am in the bottom for Killing Blows. I mean, I am just doing terrible. Are there any tips or anything someone can give me? Thanks in advance.
    Don't worry about how much damage you are doing, or topping the score boards. Create a dom spec and change the game......doms are game changing, fun to play and you truly piss people off take satisfaction in knowing although your damage numbers aren't as high as top dps, you have changed the game by draining the hell out of the other team ah the joys

Zharday/Goddessheals/Fearstormer/Warchicky

Soulwalker

so many bad mages making "mages are bad" threads. mages are far from bad. pyro is awesome, dom is awesome, necro can be OP in the right hybrid, and you can't be beat in duels. well i guess YOU can be beat... cause you're bad.

Rawr.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Mage does fine as a KB machine. I don't know how you can be happy with Harb though, considering how melee souls in other callings perform. Chloro has its place but it's still pretty weak and can be extremely frustrating when you get a pair of 'sins constantly gibbing you in 3 seconds out of stealth.

Pyro is a KB machine but nothing else in mage really works as brain dead easy as rogue or war kb specs I think. Pyro is the only one that can put up the numbers with tab spam. Harb works in 1v1 and this answers the next part, as a niche spec I like to play so I agree it's not great for general use. I use it to run solo in Steppes CQ, the Harb/Arb hybrid works out well for hunting solo dps, also great for domination maps. Chloro only bugs me because its boring, only time it gets interesting is when those two Sins are trying to gibb me. I know everyone hates chloro but to me its just a dull spec, not a bad one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

I'm tired of being beat up. Time to dust off the Rogue, and gear her up.

Rift Master

I only take my Mage into CQ's that are being run by people I don't like in an effort to sabotage the game as Mages suck. I could repeat that last Mages suck on a blackboard a million times, but I don't think "teacher" is paying attention.
    Last edited by tirza; 07-15-2014 at 03:42 AM.

Yeah, going to main the Pyro once its changes go live.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog View Post
    When rift came out I wanted to play a warlock. Played it a long time until it became useless
    in PVP. Then went Pyro, think one time I even used stormcaller and necro for some time. But they all got nerfed.

Thing is, I want to do ranged damage with my mage.
    I DO NOT WANT to heal with my char which I rolled 3+ years ago to kill people from range.
    I DO NOT WANT to melee with mage ( arbiter and harb ).
    I DO NOT WANT to drain warriors energy and squirrel them.

I DO WANT big crit numbers and facemelting. With mobility.
    I do share your preferences (regarding facemelting and mobility) and currently am leveling a pyrolock.
    On levels 19-39 if felt exactly that: facemelting and mobility. Does it change on 60?
    Last edited by MaxQuest; 07-15-2014 at 04:55 AM.

I don't put the same amount of thought into my p90 mage as the rest of you nerds but I usually have a good time with it. Its the ultimate support role. Stick with the group, protect the healers, use CC, position yourself correctly and burn down focus targets and you're playing it right. Go off on your own, start thinking its just you doing all the damage, forget that you're a chloro and not a cleric when they start focusing you, forget you have the best shutdown soul in the game and things start to go downhill. Never forget that sometimes you just get grouped up with bads who think they are good and that its YOU that needs to support THEM.

Default <3

Solo ftw <3

Quote Originally Posted by Xgame View Post
    Solo ftw <3
    I have found you.

Your name is now Tiffany, you will buy me groceries and sing me songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Diabl0 View Post
    I am a lvl 54, almost 55, Mage. I have Pyro as my main, Chloro as my second, and as my 0 I have Necro. I have tried TONS of different builds, I have looked at TONS of guide. For some reason I am always in the bottom 3 for Damage Done, I am in the bottom for Killing Blows. I mean, I am just doing terrible. Are there any tips or anything someone can give me? Thanks in advance.
    I don't understand what is bad about mages. Personally I love and feel I do great with Dom and Pyro. We'll not beat a warrior or cleric in 1v1 in equal situations with our dps souls, but charb or cdom should beat every class.

Never found it hard to get top dps or top kills in wf's as mage... love to heal myself with chloro in library holding a rune, too. Chloro heals are great aoe
    Mageerza@Faeblight; Leader of that which once was, yet is still to come.
    Know before you judge, or be judged for judging what you don't know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast