+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: What exactly to expect for pvp in 3.0

Default What exactly to expect for pvp in 3.0

So today I checked out Riftgrate, primary to inspect about what we could expect for pvp. This was obtained information from the PTS/Live Comparison section. When I finally scrolled all the way to the bottom of the page; I found what I was looking for as follows:

Content that is currently off the table

Cross-shard AH. Too difficult to implement. [Update: 13th June 2014] Daglar mentioned on the 13th June 2014 Livestream that he wants to do Cross-shard AH but that the new Auction House UI and improved functionality would be a priority. (We’re going to keep Cross-Shard AH under “currently off the table” until more solid information is presented).
    Cross-shard Trading. Not possible due to server architecture (and duping concerns).
    PvP-related: [r]
    World PvP. No new improvements to world pvp or any world pvp quests.
    Arenas. No Arenas. Daglar has made that clear multiple times.
    Making Seastone (NA) Guild vs Guild. No to Seastone GvG.
    Changing CQ Queue System. No to changing the CQ Queue System.

So what can we really expect for pvp in 3.0?
    • I made an equation to sum up what will most likely happen
    $$$ ≠ <3 = </3
    ∴ = >_<
    ∵ >_< ≈ -_- + T_T = X_X
    ∴ X_X = 0

... the foreshadowing of the upcoming events isn't looking good.
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

I dunno, more pointless treadmills to sell more boxes I'm sure, that you can only afford with RL money, or pdkp money and anything else by means besides the actual content it's for.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 07-06-2014 at 08:00 PM.

Mei

patronizing comments from daglar (or is it just ocho now?)

sarcasm in response to serious issues

cash requirement for top end gear

a new wave of people who think they're god's gift to MMO PvP

poorly used memes

more "everything is fine"

etc.

Ascendant

Less players.

Open world pvp.

Class Balance.

Seperate ques for pugs/premades.

Removal of Conquest only gear.

Progression that isn't RNG.

Arenas.

Rewards for 5v5 ques.

Just kidding.

With Trion's effort to make PvP'ers happy they probably wont even give us a new PvP set in 3.0.
    Last edited by Moirg; 07-06-2014 at 09:52 PM.

Ascendant

I imagine a lot of people will quit in 3.0; even moreso then before when we find out it truly is copy/paste and just a grind for nothing new really.

I'm wondering how Archeage is, but Trion holds that hand as well so...who knows. Hopefully if the game is good its good enough to where language translation is the only thing they mess with.

Rift Chaser

Please don't have high expectation. The higher u expect, the greater the disappointment u will have.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    I imagine a lot of people will quit in 3.0; even moreso then before when we find out it truly is copy/paste and just a grind for nothing new really.

I'm wondering how Archeage is, but Trion holds that hand as well so...who knows. Hopefully if the game is good its good enough to where language translation is the only thing they mess with.
    Arch is completely p2w. If u ain't willing to put a lot of cash in it its not even worth starting. And its like Lineage 2 on steroids which is OMG-anime-hobbit-fest, sooo... yeah... no thx

You can expect absolutely nothing of actual value.

They even appeared to be trying to convince themselves of this idea that they are actually going to do something with PvP during their livestream for the expansion.

Best to simply fish for other games before 3.0 gets here and subsequently flops.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    Open world pvp.

Class Balance.

Seperate ques for pugs/premades.

Removal of Conquest only gear.

Progression that isn't RNG.

Arenas.

Rewards for 5v5 ques.

Just kidding.
    I'd pay a $100 for those changes. Seems so simple too just no interest from this dev team in pvp

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ConclusionTheFirst View Post
    You can expect absolutely nothing of actual value.

They even appeared to be trying to convince themselves of this idea that they are actually going to do something with PvP during their livestream for the expansion.

Best to simply fish for other games before 3.0 gets here and subsequently flops.
    Everything I got excited about from fixing premades in cq to matchmaking to trying to balance heals on each side through some secret balancing mechanic has ended up being a complete failure. Even if they says something awesome I am going to be rather pessimistic about it. They have let down the pvp community far far far too many times in a row. Some people will always be optimistic.. I really don't know why they would be unless they somehow was baited into it..

Default Is this for real

Yes it is, no one is white knighting for Trion in the pvp section anymore. Rifts pvp is in a horrible state at the moment because it’s currently made for carebears. I believe there are methods that can be attempted to fix things. Now that I think about it, implementing something like guild vs guild will be a good start. Make a queue system for it, and then chuck in some good incentives and leader boards. Doing so will give a competitive edge much needed in the game.

Like seriously! who wants to play a game with nonsensical matchmaking; focusing for players to aim for gear advantages. What we have a system now is huge gear variation, skill/experience variation all chucked in one instance. Then we experience players mercilessly farm lower equipped players, without the need of getting better. This occurrence happens more so in conquest, which is apparently the haven for carebears. I don’t say this arbitrary, for instance, I recall the many times when pve equipped players that take the lead and give annoying calls, or otherwise troll saying something along these lines , "we will lose if we fight".

Presently, the way I see things at the moment is most people are still are happy to be at top the leader board. Right (don’t deny it) and then ss and then tend to rant at these very forums to in hopes to draw attention in hopes of praise; hence, in most cases, we have corny forum pvp. What’s disappointing is the people left playing like this kind of thing… strangely. I also can't stress enough, the way things are for premades and solo queuing is so bad that I am simply lost for words. The only thing pvp currently has going on for it at the moment is what was made long ago, the foundations.
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

I wonder if we'll get a dev response to this.

Maybe if we whisper RNG into a mirror three times daglar will appear.

Mei

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    I wonder if we'll get a dev response to this.

Maybe if we whisper RNG into a mirror three times daglar will appear.
    could also just whisper "cash" once

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast