+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shard bonuses would be neat

Default Shard bonuses would be neat

So like to encourage more people to play on pvp server I was thinking about some progressive global bonuses.

If you are on Seastone you get something like:
    (at lvl 50+)

Ruthless Bonus
    5%-10% Dmg bonus vs other shards.
    10% discount to pvp consumables

If you are on the PVE servers you get something like.
    (at lvl 40+)

Carebear Bonus
    15% Damage/Defense Bonus in PVE
    5% discount to pve items.

Or something like each shard gets it's own bonuses.

Example:

Deepwood - Conquest Kings bonus
    3% bonus favor in conquest.

Etc. etc. For each shard with unique bonuses.

That way each shard would be better at recruiting people with a particular style of play.
    (feel free to suggest bonuses for each shard)

Deepwood
    Greybriar
    Faeblight
    Seastone
    Laethys
    Wolfsbane
    Hailol

Just tossing around ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Talzoor View Post
    So like to encourage more people to play on pvp server I was thinking about some progressive global bonuses.

If you are on Seastone you get something like:
    (at lvl 50+)

Ruthless Bonus
    5%-10% Dmg bonus vs other shards.
    10% discount to pvp consumables

If you are on the PVE servers you get something like.
    (at lvl 40+)

Carebear Bonus
    15% Damage/Defense Bonus in PVE
    5% discount to pve items.

Or something like each shard gets it's own bonuses.
    So what you're saying is that to encourage more bads to move to Seastone, Trion should enact bonuses so that they and all the other players on Seastone have a chance to compete with those of us on the carebear shards.

Makes sense to me...

http://forums.riftgame.com/avatars/t...ine=1401315926
    Last edited by Kittyhawke; 07-06-2014 at 06:52 PM.
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyhawke View Post
    So what you're saying is that to encourage more bads to move to Seastone, Trion should enact bonuses so that they and all the other players on Seastone have a chance to compete with those of us on the carebear shards.

Makes sense to me...

This game is already filled to the brim with Bads. So you calling other people bad is irony that i'll ignore. Since you are so good on your carebear servers you should have no problem with this right?

I'm just trying to organize the bad by shards. Ya know keeping things fresh.

Last edited by Talzoor; 07-06-2014 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Talzoor View Post
    This game is already filled to the brim with Bads. So you calling other people bad is irony that i'll ignore. Since you are so good on your carebear servers you should have no problem with this right?

I'm just trying to organize the bad by shards. Ya know keeping things fresh.

If that's what people want, that's fine, however some of us prefer to relax in a game and not have to constantly be looking over our shoulder for some "bored bad" out to gank someone. In real life I pay my HOA a hefty fee to provide 24/7 gate sentries and a roving patrol. I do so for peace of mind. So I can relax. For me, the same that applies in real life applies in the game.

When I first started playing MMOs many years ago we didn't have the constant ganking that's so prevalent today. The community policed itself, and gankers knew that the penalty for being an a**hat could easily result in being mercilessly griefed in response to their actions. If someone stole my kill or made a wise *** comment, I'd kill them and the rest of the community would laugh at them. Nowadays the community just encourages their misdeeds, and it kills the fun in an MMO. As a resident of a carebear server, if I want to do my kill count quest I can easily shard hop to Seastone, complete it, then hop home and relax. In my opinion it's the best option for me. That doesn't mean that I don't want to PVP, it just means that I PVP on *my* terms.
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

In all honesty I didn't want to invoke a pvp vs a pve war in this thread (even though I knew it was a 95% possibility).

The small bonuses to each shard shouldn't effect the player transfers that much.

I've seen it in games like daoc/warhammer etc where they invoked a 300% xp/rp bonus to low populated shards and it did little to balance out the population.

I thought by having it themed per shard instead of one homogeneous buff it might make it a little more interesting.

I think your idea is pretty cool but, IMO, with the way we can just switch servers seastone will always be dead in the world and a better solution is to make seastone a melting pot for pvpers to congregate from all shards.

I bought this up before.

Make PvP exclusive events for seastone with its own type of rewards. These events will call the pvpers to shard switch to seastone to participate in the event. It will be broken however since they have to overcome a bigger problem. PvP in this game is still faction based and not guild based. So in order to do that is to enact another tab under the pvp tab where it can send various players to seastone and mark them as an oath, nf or dominion. This will then make it seem like there is multiple factions which both guardians, defiants and guilds/premades can participate without the flaw that is faction based pvp.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 07-06-2014 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    I think your idea is pretty cool but, IMO, with the way we can just switch servers seastone will always be dead in the world and a better solution is to make seastone a melting pot for pvpers to congregate from all shards.

I bought this up before.

Make PvP exclusive events for seastone with its own type of rewards. These events will call the pvpers to shard switch to seastone to participate in the event. It will be broken however since they have to overcome a bigger problem. PvP in this game is still faction based and not guild based. So in order to do that is to enact another tab under the pvp tab where it can send various players to seastone and mark them as an oath, nf or dominion. This will then make it seem like there is multiple factions which both guardians, defiants and guilds/premades can participate without the flaw that is faction based pvp.

You know I never thought of that.

It's a pvp server yet they still have forced dual factioning. It should be all guild vs guild or possibly assigned factions for players who want to go guildless.

Interesting points there mate.

+ Reply to Thread