+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Buff pets for rangers

Default Buff pets for rangers

I just hit 60 with my alt and rangers dps is tied in with pet staying alive. They are not durable with myrms running around. qq

Quote Originally Posted by RainDogs View Post
    I just hit 60 with my alt and rangers dps is tied in with pet staying alive. They are not durable with myrms running around. qq
    I agree with this. For so many reasons.

The ranger pet should not be the target for pvpers. It should be so durable that it's easier to kill the Ranger instead of the pet.

So I +1

Quote Originally Posted by RainDogs View Post
    I have literally been saying this since 2011. Party of it's survival is probably the fact that a raptor humping your leg draws attention and gets you killed since it rushes into the pit. But this also, by proxy, shorts their DPS potential a lot. All the time the pet spends chasing people around, needing to gap close (they added gap closers to the pets lol), since apparently a raptor can't even outrun a Bahmi. It's a shame that they rely on max DPS by having a pet in melee, which in turn pretty much gets your pet toasted half the time if you want the DPS one out.

I do not get why so many souls get pets that can find LOS points and start casting at enemies, whereas Ranger, the one class that used to have a penalty for even going into melee range, relies on max DPS with a pet that only does damage as a........melee.

Range pet for Ranger in 2014 imotbh. It's overdue.

I mean there was a dinosaur in Jurassic Park that spit stuff at you. Maybe we can still have dinos and range. Just something to give the ranger pet range attacks as a primary execution of the intended DPS compliment. Only the tank pet should be a melee tbh.
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-06-2014 at 01:17 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

ah my ocd.

*Part of its lack of survival.

Couldn't edit but, that was so butchered I couldn't leave it.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I agree. It's unfair that Rogues have to deal with the same things as other callings' pet classes do. This is out of line with the rest of the Rogue souls.

Also when pet dies we have to rebuff which adds to more downtime. The class is so much fun but the pet is a buzzkill to me and I'm back to assassin.

As a warrior I can kill the pet in 2 gcds and I now know what a pain this is for rangers to have to deal with.

This fix seems like a no brainer for trion. Perhaps we could buy armor or have a pet tree to help with the hitpoints. Or maybe the pet should scale up as the player gets warlord and then myrm gear.

I don't think the player base would mind a durability buff for pets...not offensively?
    Last edited by RainDogs; 07-06-2014 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    I agree. It's unfair that Rogues have to deal with the same things as other callings' pet classes do. This is out of line with the rest of the Rogue souls.
    I haven't played the other pet classes but if they are the same as rangers than they should be buffed as well. As a warrior though I tend to only kill the raptor pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I have literally been saying this since 2011. Party of it's survival is probably the fact that a raptor humping your leg draws attention and gets you killed since it rushes into the pit. But this also, by proxy, shorts their DPS potential a lot. All the time the pet spends chasing people around, needing to gap close (they added gap closers to the pets lol), since apparently a raptor can't even outrun a Bahmi. It's a shame that they rely on max DPS by having a pet in melee, which in turn pretty much gets your pet toasted half the time if you want the DPS one out.

I do not get why so many souls get pets that can find LOS points and start casting at enemies, whereas Ranger, the one class that used to have a penalty for even going into melee range, relies on max DPS with a pet that only does damage as a........melee.

Range pet for Ranger in 2014 imotbh. It's overdue.

I mean there was a dinosaur in Jurassic Park that spit stuff at you. Maybe we can still have dinos and range. Just something to give the ranger pet range attacks as a primary execution of the intended DPS compliment. Only the tank pet should be a melee tbh.
    Yeah a range pet would be awesome. I know the squigherders in warhammer had pets that used range. It would be very easy to do. If a player keeps moving the charges the raptor uses will not catch up to the player. I see my pet chasing people all the time and getting kited.

Not opposed to rangers getting ranged pets... those spitting spiders come to mind

how bout a pet with stealth and slip away like the wow panthers

While I would prefer for pets to get some love, if the pets couldn't get buffed they could go the other route and give some bonuses for going petless for those who are deep Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    While I would prefer for pets to get some love, if the pets couldn't get buffed they could go the other route and give some bonuses for going petless for those who are deep Ranger.
    yeah that would be an option as well....a straight increase damage without pet out.

Well deep down that is my ultimate wish. That they just remove the pet and make it a more pure robust ranged soul. Even in Eq2...pets just...were always a hassle. Sure people adapted but, it was always extra baggage. I can't honestly say I've seen an MMO do pets in any phenomenal way. Just passable.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I can't honestly say I've seen an MMO do pets in any phenomenal way. Just passable.
    My Tamer in Ultima Online was unbelievable and it was always fun trying to find the ones with the best stats. Whether I was using a Dragon or 5 Frenzied Ostards back in the day or later on using a Greater Dragon, Dread Warhorse/Nightmare, Runebeetle/Nightmare or a pack of 5 Raptors it was a blast!

Edit - The Nightmare & Dread Warhorse were especially awesome since you could use them as a mount and also dismount and have them fight alongside you.
    Last edited by Baramos; 07-06-2014 at 05:58 PM.

My Tamer in Ultima Online was unbelievable and it was always fun trying to find the ones with the best stats. Whether I was using a Dragon or 5 Frenzied Ostards back in the day or later on using a Greater Dragon, Dread Warhorse/Nightmare, Runebeetle/Nightmare or a pack of 5 Raptors it was a blast!

Edit - The Nightmare & Dread Warhorse were especially awesome since you could use them as a mount and also dismount and have them fight alongside you.
    Yeah I had a tamer a long time ago in u.o. and they did taming well. The variety of pets was really cool and the fact you could search for months looking for a pet with good stats. Also you could train the stats up as well. Great game for pre wow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast