+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 86
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Buff pets for rangers

  1. #46
    Ascendant Bliter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    I agree. It's unfair that Rogues have to deal with the same things as other callings' pet classes do. This is out of line with the rest of the Rogue souls.
    IKR???

    The only pet class I play is BM and the pet is always set to passive because it gets demolished just looking at it. When Liberator launched I made some hybrids with it and BM so I could have a decent warrior bard, made all my macros with pet attack, played a few games, deleted those macros. Better to keep the pet alive and on passive to keep the buff as a BM then get the terrible extra dps imho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

  2. #47
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    What you mean is, diffuse is a good buff. There is no plural when it comes to ranger defenses.
    Yeah, it's definitely one of the best defensive abilities in all of PvP. Most of the time when you see a Ranger in PvP, you can bet it is a noob that doesn't know what they're doing. But every now and again I get caught blowing my CDs on one only to have him pop Diffuse. That is really annoying.

  3. #48
    Ascendant ecru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    IKR???

    The only pet class I play is BM and the pet is always set to passive because it gets demolished just looking at it. When Liberator launched I made some hybrids with it and BM so I could have a decent warrior bard, made all my macros with pet attack, played a few games, deleted those macros. Better to keep the pet alive and on passive to keep the buff as a BM then get the terrible extra dps imho.
    bm isn't a dps soul though, it's a support soul, and it also happens to have some of the best utility in pvp and best raid cooldowns in the entire game. bm has it's own issues but the comparison should be between other dps souls, as if you want to go down this road, i'll be happy to start asking why ranger doesn't have enrage or a spammable purge.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

  4. #49
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Aye, I was going to say the stark difference when comparing Ranger and BM is that yes, BM is support. The rangers pet is suppose to play into the large picture of its ultimate damage out-put. But in PvP, unless someone stands still long enough to let the raptor catch up and it actually lives to use its abilities, it is just a watered down ranged spec that has a good finisher.

    Support is a sort of vague and non pure direction role. A DPS soul is pretty straight forward and the Ranger DPS pet is intended to work into the total out-put of the soul. If you nixed the pet and gave Rangers the pure ability to dish out the damage the game seems to intend for them to, yes, they actually would start to become a pretty scary ranged spec. But right now they just blind-side you with crit twin shots. They just have a few hard hitters that rack up damage and can snipe a KB np. It's easy to make Ranger scoreboard SS's look good. It doesn't mean it plays out as, imo, it's fully intended to. At least from an out-put point of view.

    MM has highly watered down damage, and I think given the utility they are okay. But, I just wish ranger was more fluid like the other classes ranged DPS'ers. I don't know, the soul needs some help somewhere, hopefully 3.0 designs it a bit different. A special ability just to make my target take more damage, got to use a crappy finisher to proc a 1 min buff, pet has to crit on target for full damage potential, damage pretty much sucks outside of a frequent, but 61pt CD. Another ability is used to increase your damage. The soul just feels sloppy to me. Sloppy and redundant.

    Merely IMO. It was never a favorite soul of mine but I never liked pet classes very much. Despite the damage being far worse, I still enjoy MM more if I want to go ranged, but sometimes go ranger just so I can land finishers for over 10k. (twin shot non crits better pretty much than dead-eye shot crits).

    Or maybe I just can't have it all in 1 soul. Always <3'd pyro and inq as they are pretty pure ST DPS casters for PvP purposes. Guess I wish ranger was more executed like a Tempest than the way it is now.
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-08-2014 at 10:00 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  5. #50
    Shield of Telara Talzoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    Ranger is good at farming bads without heals as a scoreboard warrior but has the lowest survivability of any ranged class and no notable burst to kill good players with heals/links/guard.

    TLDR: Don't play ranger.
    I hate to admit it but this is truth. When playing with subgeared people/underhealed Ranger does the best. If you're up against a tight premade your pet will get rocked and it will only take a few seconds to kill you afterword.

    During high level pvp facing fotm specs, the trade offs from this soul aren't worth it.

    TL:StillRead

    Damn your honest critiques Aveleys

  6. #51
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    While I would prefer for pets to get some love, if the pets couldn't get buffed they could go the other route and give some bonuses for going petless for those who are deep Ranger.
    I like this idea, maybe they'll introduce some way of just getting rid of the pet temporarily but maintaining your damage.
    Not necessarily a cooldown, but a utility ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

  7. #52
    Ascendant Bliter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    bm isn't a dps soul though, it's a support soul, and it also happens to have some of the best utility in pvp and best raid cooldowns in the entire game. bm has it's own issues but the comparison should be between other dps souls, as if you want to go down this road, i'll be happy to start asking why ranger doesn't have enrage or a spammable purge.
    I was just talking about pets dying in general. My thoughts were in line with Ianto's sarcasm is all I had in that and was responding directly to that, my bad for not being clearer. I know its a support soul because I play it as a support soul. I had said BM/Lib hybrid which is as support as it gets. I have been tempted to make a thread on the support hybrids I use, all on the same central theme as rogue bard - Instant casting, ae healing, buff bots. BM does all that very well now with Lib. If that isn't a support role, I don't know what is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

  8. #53
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talzoor View Post
    I hate to admit it but this is truth. When playing with subgeared people/underhealed Ranger does the best. If you're up against a tight premade your pet will get rocked and it will only take a few seconds to kill you afterword.

    During high level pvp facing fotm specs, the trade offs from this soul aren't worth it.

    TL:StillRead

    Damn your honest critiques Aveleys
    Ranger has more baseline survivability than most ranged souls in its tree, it just lacks the escape cooldowns most of them have.

  9. #54
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talzoor View Post
    Only 7 db with that kind of damage? What the hell where you hitting godzilla?
    The top kb had only 9, but a better kb to dps ratio. Im just not sure if i was playing NB bursting physicians or my own ranger spec in that wf, which has more burst then the sin/MM version but is sooo slowwww.

    Switching targets when you have the healers self healing is an underrated skill. Spamming just damage only gets you so far in these heal heavy wf times.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 07-09-2014 at 09:11 AM.

  10. #55
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    Ranger is good at farming bads without heals as a scoreboard warrior but has the lowest survivability of any ranged class and no notable burst to kill good players with heals/links/guard.

    TLDR: Don't play ranger.
    If you build it right it can do well even in well healed wfs. In intense heal wfs its sin or NB to kill people, or BD to rack up lots of dps but actually do little effect with lower kills. Unfortunately most wfs are now intense heal wfs and less people play ranger due to this.

    It does have low survivability you are right, especially if you dont go MM for speed boosts.

  11. #56
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    229

    Default

    Pets are way to squishy and i agree they need more survivability. Damage from them is fine but they have to last more than 2 seconds in pvp and more that 5 seconds in pve

  12. #57
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    If you build it right it can do well even in well healed wfs. In intense heal wfs its sin or NB to kill people, or BD to rack up lots of dps but actually do little effect with lower kills. Unfortunately most wfs are now intense heal wfs and less people play ranger due to this.

    It does have low survivability you are right, especially if you dont go MM for speed boosts.
    That isn't what happens when I play BD and it goes well. It's no, extra damage for little kills. Sorry we don't share the same experience .

    But hey, let's just keep things straight. BD is a bad spec, very bad spec. It needs buffs.

    !
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  13. #58
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    That isn't what happens when I play BD and it goes well. It's no, extra damage for little kills. Sorry we don't share the same experience .

    But hey, let's just keep things straight. BD is a bad spec, very bad spec. It needs buffs.

    !
    1. Never said it was bad.
    2. You've played it obviously more then most so can eek out its maximum output, which does not prove its a good soul. I myself use it as subsouls.
    3. Ive been heal intensive wfs with you on the other side where i took ~600k healing and you took ~1 million healing. Despite tons of dps, and the fact i died more, and i was ccd to heck (i was main killer) i killed more people. In other words, your team had more heals, you had tons more dps, yet i still killed more people with less dps. ST Burst vs aoe dps.

    While that aoe has its place my statement still stands. You probably would have been better just ST killing vs padding our chloros aoe healing #s. Time and place for each soul. Heal heavy wf, BD = racking up high dps.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 07-09-2014 at 09:45 AM.

  14. #59
    Ascendant dday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Make pets immune to aoe. Boom done

  15. #60
    Ascendant asianguywithacamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    1. Never said it was bad.
    2. You've played it obviously more then most so can eek out its maximum output, which does not prove its a good soul. I myself use it as subsouls.
    3. Ive been heal intensive wfs with you on the other side where i took ~600k healing and you took ~1 million healing. Despite tons of dps, and the fact i died more, and i was ccd to heck (i was main killer) i killed more people. In other words, your team had more heals, you had tons more dps, yet i still killed more people with less dps. ST Burst vs aoe dps.

    While that aoe has its place my statement still stands. You probably would have been better just ST killing vs padding our chloros aoe healing #s. Time and place for each soul. Heal heavy wf, BD = racking up high dps.
    Cliff notes, he thinks he's better than you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts