+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Buff pets for rangers

Rift Disciple

the only good thing about rogue pets is watching bads dps them.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/eEOHzAd.jpg

ranger is fine, queued one game, this is a pvp spec and isn't even the top parsing spec

energy usage is the only issue i have with the soul at this point
    Try to maintain that dps when you have BM sitting on you 24/7. Ofc it's unlikely because most PvPers in Rift are too selfish to switch roles when counter spec is needed. Damn VK and WLs everywhere :/

Plane Walker

I don't know if Ranger DPS went back down. It seems like there were some amazing Rangers right after the buffs. I don't see any now.

As far as buffing Rangers' defense goes... HELL NO. They are already as tough to bring down as Inquisitors. Their defense and survivability is just fine for a ranged class.

Quote Originally Posted by Malidrag View Post
    I don't know if Ranger DPS went back down. It seems like there were some amazing Rangers right after the buffs. I don't see any now.

As far as buffing Rangers' defense goes... HELL NO. They are already as tough to bring down as Inquisitors. Their defense and survivability is just fine for a ranged class.
    I am only talking about the pet. The pet goes down in 2 gcd's. Please try to play a ranger and see how this affects game play.

Ascendant

Ranger could use a buff.

Quote Originally Posted by pukemonster View Post
    You must be bad because taking out the pet kills the rangers dps and it takes no time to do. Also any class can get their form of rage up on the pets because the pets have to be front line in most cases.
    Last edited by RainDogs; 07-07-2014 at 05:59 AM.

Pets should be strong enough so I can send them out alone to collect favor and prestige while I sit in my dimension and drink.
    Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well, he eats you.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by RainDogs View Post
    I am only talking about the pet. The pet goes down in 2 gcd's. Please try to play a ranger and see how this affects game play.
    What pet are you using? 2 GCDs is a bit of an exxageration. I'm one of the few people that kills pets in wfs and Ranger pets are the toughest ones out there by far.

What pet are you using? 2 GCDs is a bit of an exxageration. I'm one of the few people that kills pets in wfs and Ranger pets are the toughest ones out there by far.
    Blood raptor, 14 k hitpoints....no problem to kill that in 2 gcd's. Perhaps valor should be applied to the pets equal to the player. At the moment this is not the case.

Ascendant

yeah that would be an option as well....a straight increase damage without pet out.
    I wouldnt increase it by much. I forget my pet most the time and still know how good ranger is by itself. As far as output is. Utility now... I'd exchange pet for some utility or survivability any day.

Then again id just forget the pet and have us transform into something with new abilities like a harb does. Make it with options for varied roles. Werewolf anyone?
    Last edited by Wrastion; 07-07-2014 at 12:54 PM.

Shut up with your facts. Rogues are hugely disadvantaged! A spec with an actual counter? It's just not acceptable. Needs to be buffed, the sooner the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Shut up with your facts. Rogues are hugely disadvantaged! A spec with an actual counter? It's just not acceptable. Needs to be buffed, the sooner the better.
    this guy seems to hate rangers with a passion.

Don't worry mate, Trion will soon make it so that only 2 or 3 specs are actually viable in pvp.
    Everyone will play their FOTM sin and wl just like you want them too k buddy?

Until then try not to hate on the people asking for a little variance to the game.

Ranger is good at farming bads without heals as a scoreboard warrior but has the lowest survivability of any ranged class and no notable burst to kill good players with heals/links/guard.

TLDR: Don't play ranger.

You must be bad because taking out the pet kills the rangers dps and it takes no time to do. Also any class can get their form of rage up on the pets because the pets have to be front line in most cases.
    Easy blood thirsty proc, then kill the ranger and laugh st their dps sans pet.

Quote Originally Posted by pukemonster View Post
    If you see a raptor, might as well clock it out. It goes down like a wet paper bag, and you just killed a good bit of ranger DPS and a 8% dmg increase buff for them. Granted they can instant summon it again. Do it again and they are in a crappy spot.

What you mean is, diffuse is a good buff. There is no plural when it comes to ranger defenses.
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-08-2014 at 03:39 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast