+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 3.0 prestige reset

Default 3.0 prestige reset

It's time, come 3.0 I'd like to see all prestige reset and a new grind put into place. This would promote new players to join and not have a 100 prestige levels to grind which is outrageous.

With this I'd also like to see pvp currency stream lined. Favor and nightmare marks. Only way to buy gear, no bs cq or pve requirements. Play what you want to play to rank and gear up. Convert all marks now to favor and move the cap up.

Rank 90 gear becomes the new bolster. Make the new gear better but not overwhelming so.

And before the flames start I'm rank 90 and have been forever. If you are an actual pvper not a baddie who needs gear to win you should have no problem with allowing new players to compete without a laughable grind.

Agree, but I would prefer to see 'prestige' removed completly.

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    Agree, but I would prefer to see 'prestige' removed completly.
    Agreed just put in new gear that takes a while to acquire.

what i really want is more pvp quests, after i finish guns for hire and my daily i get bored. would like to see more wins quests for each wf, even if you make it 30 days to finish it.

This is clearly trolling. No one would actually make a post asking to spend more time playing this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    This is clearly trolling. No one would actually make a post asking to spend more time playing this game.
    Haha the grind is coming regardless, id just rather level the playing field

With 3.0 removing CQ power and perks, I can only imagine they'll probably put more PvP gear to be obtained with CQ chests and CQ marks in order to keep players doing CQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    With 3.0 removing CQ power and perks, I can only imagine they'll probably put more PvP gear to be obtained with CQ chests and CQ marks in order to keep players doing CQ.
    That would be pretty self-defeating. The reason people hate CQ power is because they hate CQ. Forcing people to do CQ in other ways is not really a wise path. Then again Trion thinks RNG = fun so you're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Still keep the cq quests just give out normal marks, I know it's not the same but you should trust your content or you should delete it.

Give the option for either or, even allow the choice of what quest you want. Cq players can enjoy their cq while wf and open world players can do that. And most importantly let pvers avoid all pvp if they don't want it.

Talking of resets, what i'd like to see is montlhy/bimontlhy resets of the infamous rating system being implemented.

Or something like that :P

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    It's time, come 3.0 I'd like to see all prestige reset and a new grind put into place. This would promote new players to join and not have a 100 prestige levels to grind which is outrageous.

With this I'd also like to see pvp currency stream lined. Favor and nightmare marks. Only way to buy gear, no bs cq or pve requirements. Play what you want to play to rank and gear up. Convert all marks now to favor and move the cap up.

Rank 90 gear becomes the new bolster. Make the new gear better but not overwhelming so.

And before the flames start I'm rank 90 and have been forever. If you are an actual pvper not a baddie who needs gear to win you should have no problem with allowing new players to compete without a laughable grind.
    A great idea, but I doubt they will do it. People have spent a huge amount of money on gear and I don't think that Trion plans to make it worthless. RNG gear and relics are probably here to stay too.
    I'd love to see CQ marks and WF marks merged into the one thing though. Forcing people to do CQ is the second worst thing about Rift's PvP. CQ is the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    A great idea, but I doubt they will do it. People have spent a huge amount of money on gear and I don't think that Trion plans to make it worthless. RNG gear and relics are probably here to stay too.
    I'd love to see CQ marks and WF marks merged into the one thing though. Forcing people to do CQ is the second worst thing about Rift's PvP. CQ is the worst.
    By the time 3.0 comes out though people will have gotten their money's worth. Trust me I've spent a ton on my mage since I hate grinding.

I was *****ing at the gm the other day because i started a new toon and realized when i hit 50 that i didnt prestige at all. I did not read anything about them changeing that. i couldnt believe that they dont let you prestige until you hit 50. I told him that they need to change how prestige works now. 90-100 levels to grind through as a new player is ridiculous. idk about an all out reset but i would like to see them start people out at 70 prestige when they hit 60. staying within 30 prestige is doable and not overwhelming to new players. just let people gain favor and exp points to get ready for 60.

the gm said they are going to probably change how pvp prestige works soon and to keep an eye on the forums.
    Ghosthart@wolfsbane

if anyone thinks p2w boxes will be gone in 3.0, you're delusional.welcome to world of rng. telera is no more.

If you think gear and prestige levels are that important, you're doing it wrong.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

Prophet of Telara

Reseting prestige is bad idea, because it would upset all the players who spend their money on getting vials. It is better if they simply increase max prestige which will lead to similar result without making people upset about ruining their work.

It's a psychological move, and dont even dream about p2w boxes being removed, it's very unlikely.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast