+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 3.0 prestige reset

Resetting Prestige is a bad idea.

I think the solution to this would have ranked matches.

1-50

51-70

71-80

90+

Quote Originally Posted by marc8484 View Post
    Resetting Prestige is a bad idea.

I think the solution to this would have ranked matches.

1-50

51-70

71-80

90+
    Good luck with que times sir

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    Good luck with que times sir
    Shouldn't you be playing GW2 or ESO? I hear Wildstar is rad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Shouldn't you be playing GW2 or ESO? I hear Wildstar is rad.
    Shouldn't you be making mediocre videos and how not to pvp in rift?

The bottom line is 100 prestige ranks is beyond a daunting task for a new player. It needs to go for pvp
    Not to argue the point, but the current prestige cap of 90 doesn't seem to faze new PVPers who don't even gain prestige levels until they hit level 50. If 90 is acceptable, why would 100 be any different?

A better solution would be to allow PVPers to begin gaining prestige ranks at level 10, with a max equal to their character level. Once at level cap, they would be be 2/3 of the way there.
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyhawke View Post
    Not to argue the point, but the current prestige cap of 90 doesn't seem to faze new PVPers who don't even gain prestige levels until they hit level 50. If 90 is acceptable, why would 100 be any different?

A better solution would be to allow PVPers to begin gaining prestige ranks at level 10, with a max equal to their character level. Once at level cap, they would be be 2/3 of the way there.
    really? i think it fazes them plenty. nobody likes getting murdered non stop by way better geared opponents. hell it drove me crazy on my mage. if they matched lowbies up with lowbies then i would agree with you but a fresh 60 getting paired with a relic'd out 90 is a joke IMO

really? i think it fazes them plenty. nobody likes getting murdered non stop by way better geared opponents. hell it drove me crazy on my mage. if they matched lowbies up with lowbies then i would agree with you but a fresh 60 getting paired with a relic'd out 90 is a joke IMO
    My first character to hit 60 (my mage) didn't do so until 3/22/2014. I've since gone through the process with other characters (see my sig below) so I can relate to the challenges you faced, but I never let it dissuade me from progressing.

We'd all like to cap and have maxed out equipment soon after, but progression takes time. I support making the process less painful for new 60's, but getting beat down and learning to deal with those defeats is what helps to develop a noob player into a player who can contend in every match.
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyhawke View Post
    getting beat down and learning to deal with those defeats is what helps to develop a noob player into a player who can contend in every match.
    Except that's not remotely the case since everyone in rift loses and is still bad.

Telaran

premades going to love this big time and send even more prayers to the god "daglar" for allowing them this bounty -- down side is how many new people will leave because of the none stop farming ? -- can see daglar jobless on a street corner with a billboard saying "premades will rule the world"

Quote Originally Posted by pennyred View Post
    premades going to love this big time and send even more prayers to the god "daglar" for allowing them this bounty -- down side is how many new people will leave because of the none stop farming ? -- can see daglar jobless on a street corner with a billboard saying "premades will rule the world"
    This makes no sense, premades are going to rule anyways at least now they won't grossly out gear new players

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mire View Post
    if anyone thinks p2w boxes will be gone in 3.0, you're delusional.welcome to world of rng. telera is no more.
    Gambling is a sin.

Rift Disciple

removing prestige would annoy too many, not going to happen.

But, they should increase the favor gain rate (built in, not for pots or credits) to make getting to say at least 80 less painful and then make the last ten levels as is. That should help new chars catch up.

That being said, I can't see myself leveling up another character and doing another grind to 90 any time soon either. Must be some middle ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomthebomb View Post
    removing prestige would annoy too many, not going to happen.

But, they should increase the favor gain rate (built in, not for pots or credits) to make getting to say at least 80 less painful and then make the last ten levels as is. That should help new chars catch up.

That being said, I can't see myself leveling up another character and doing another grind to 90 any time soon either. Must be some middle ground.
    Yea making prestige account bound would also be something I'd appreciate

It actually isn't a bad idea resetting prestige $$$. If and only if it is not possible to receive prestige from conquest.
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

It's time, come 3.0 I'd like to see all prestige reset and a new grind put into place. This would promote new players to join and not have a 100 prestige levels to grind which is outrageous.

With this I'd also like to see pvp currency stream lined. Favor and nightmare marks. Only way to buy gear, no bs cq or pve requirements. Play what you want to play to rank and gear up. Convert all marks now to favor and move the cap up.

Rank 90 gear becomes the new bolster. Make the new gear better but not overwhelming so.

And before the flames start I'm rank 90 and have been forever. If you are an actual pvper not a baddie who needs gear to win you should have no problem with allowing new players to compete without a laughable grind.
    You are talking to the players who are not capeable of changing anything !

When was the last time you see any Dev around here ?!
    I keel Em Too Fast !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast