+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 3.0 prestige reset

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    Except Im not playing MOBAs.
    Dude, all MMO's have a gear grind, its the genre, Wildstar just came out, and it has a gear grind for pve/pvp, relax, welcome to MMORPG's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Dude, all MMO's have a gear grind, its the genre, Wildstar just came out, and it has a gear grind for pve/pvp, relax, welcome to MMORPG's.
    Gear grind in Guild Wars? Or its not MMO?

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    Gear grind in Guild Wars? Or its not MMO?
    Its a terrible game, are you playing it? because you keep talking about it, why're you here in RIFT?
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

why cant you just admit you want a huge advantage over new players because you arent very good at this game?

Its a terrible game
    If you think opinion of guy who telling me WoW is the most competitive pvp game matters anything for me, you're wrong.

are you playing it?
    I used to play more GW1 than Rift, even if I've spent above 150 days online in Rift on my characters.

why're you here in RIFT?
    Because I like the game...?

Ascendant

I truly feel bad that you guys missed the FPS era. This is definitely the MMO era of gaming. That era had everything you guys wanted. Competition ladders every direction you looked, huge ladders with tons of participants for various mods in forms of 1 v 1, 2 v 2, 4, v 4 etc. Teams that stuck together for over 3 years, a consistent player base. Perfect balance, and everyone who played had one interest - to get on a team and do matches. That was *just* about everyones interest.

That is just not what MMO's were made to deliver IMO. I see requests for what people "want" and all I can say is....sorry you missed the FPS era. Because that had everything most of you want. You can only take solace in not seeing the downward spiral and having it bitter you as much as it has me.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    snip
    Outside of resetting the prestige, this is what happened in storm legion.
    The entry gear which was mercenary at the time, was immediately available regardless of the PvP ranks that you possessed. The amount of prestige you required to also rank up was significantly reduced.

Gunzip covered it earlier, but it was cut in half recently from what it used to be.

More than likely we will see the same trend as in Storm legion. All of the gear that you possess will simply be reset, prestige requirement will be slashed even more, and the boost will go up to Warlord or Myrmidon.
    It sounds more that you would prefer gear have absolutely no meaning in PvP anymore which would be best competitively speaking.

At the same time, it is hard to be convinced by your point of view when you constantly attack other people.
    Last edited by Katosu; 07-06-2014 at 07:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

The problem is they should figure where to draw the line because psychological impact unfortunately plays a role. Some people are not interested in being lectured about how despite there being more ranks, the numbers have been adjusted to in theory create the same length of grind. You can make a system where 8 ranks takes longer than 200 ranks if you work the math properly.

The thing is though, even if the last sentence I said was true. People see 8 ranks and don't feel daunted. People would see 200 ranks and feel daunted, even if the math was in favor of 200 ranks being faster. That is the only thing I fear about 100 ranks. I totally get that you can work the math to make it right. But putting ranks up to 3 digits will have a psychological impact on how new, or even existing players still climbing in ranks or adventure levels, will view the games PvP. When dealing with masses, you have to know how masses work - even if at the end of the day you know you are explicitly correct - to work with the masses efficiently.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Outside of resetting the prestige, this is what happened in storm legion.
    The entry gear which was mercenary at the time, was immediately available regardless of the PvP ranks that you possessed. The amount of prestige you required to also rank up was significantly reduced.

Gunzip covered it earlier, but it was cut in half recently from what it used to be.

More than likely we will see the same trend as in Storm legion. All of the gear that you possess will simply be reset, prestige requirement will be slashed even more, and the boost will go up to Warlord or Myrmidon.
    It sounds more that you would prefer gear have absolutely no meaning in PvP anymore which would be best competitively speaking.

At the same time, it is hard to be convinced by your point of view when you constantly attack other people.
    wow you didn't multi quote i'm proud of you.

When SL came out didn't you still have to grind prestige? i honestly cant remember. also i know this will never be a non gear game i get that and i don't care, the gear grind keeps you busy ect ect. I'm fine with the grind even, just make it so the gap is a lot smaller and that a new player who just bought in for the xpac can make max rank in a reasonable amount of time

the most important thing honestly is the stream line of currency and the ability to rank up how you want, not force cq down people's throats

Ascendant

wow you didn't multi quote i'm proud of you.
    This is why you are considered the troll of the Warrior forum Dday. You just don't know how to keep from letting your hands run loose.

When SL came out didn't you still have to grind prestige? i honestly cant remember. also i know this will never be a non gear game i get that and i don't care, the gear grind keeps you busy ect ect. I'm fine with the grind even, just make it so the gap is a lot smaller and that a new player who just bought in for the xpac can make max rank in a reasonable amount of time
    Why are you asking such a question if I just explained how SL worked Dday?
    The prestige gap is a lot smaller than it used to be in pre-SL days. Rank 8 was monstrous in terms of an advantage, and while everyone here wants to scream and rage about gear gaps, it was nothing compared to pre-SL.

Like I said, it will probably invalidate myrmidon gear. If there is a gear grind, it will get cut down again.

the most important thing honestly is the stream line of currency and the ability to rank up how you want, not force cq down people's throats
    CQ is an issue yes, but not necessarily because of the favor/prestige you gain but because of how it becomes a necessity in order to progress. It is the only way to buy your essences and upgrade your trinkets/seals.
    Last edited by Katosu; 07-06-2014 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    This is why you are considered the troll of the Warrior forum Dday. You just don't know how to keep from letting your hands run loose.

Why are you asking such a question if I just explained how SL worked Dday?
    The prestige gap is a lot smaller than it used to be in pre-SL days. Rank 8 was monstrous in terms of an advantage, and while everyone here wants to scream and rage about gear gaps, it was nothing compared to pre-SL.

Like I said, it will probably invalidate myrmidon gear. If there is a gear grind, it will get cut down again.

CQ is an issue yes, but not necessarily because of the favor/prestige you gain but because of how it becomes a necessity in order to progress. It is the only way to buy your essences and upgrade your trinkets/seals.
    ahh much better(have a sense of humor too bro)

and i was saying even at SL launch you still needed to be prestige 50 to get merc gear if i remember correctly. what i want is prestige to either disappear and you simply earn gear with currency through quests or everyone to start at 0 again and rank up to 10 for example.

this will get a lot more people involved in pvp especially new players.
    Last edited by dday; 07-06-2014 at 08:24 AM.

Champion of Telara

Yea, Ranking up without CQ takes forever. I only run them on a whim, (or to get my weekly when I remember it) You have to be willing to accept the fact, and ignore the rank system all together to enjoy the game. If you focus on ranking it just is a slow grind, rather then marveling in the opportunity of dying in a glorious fashion.
    Smidge
    Wolfsbane

Ascendant

ahh much better(have a sense of humor too bro)
    You're just not funny.

and i was saying even at SL launch you still needed to be prestige 50 to get merc gear if i remember correctly.
    You did not, it was available to everyone from day 1. The rank you needed was the following
    Rank 60 for Freelancer. (weapons at 70)
    Rank 70 for Warlord. (weapons at 80)

Essences/seal/trinkets never had a rank requirement to them. Only the armor and weaponry beyond Mercenary gear. The boosting was also equivalent to Mercenary gear except for trinket/seal, so I believe they buffed the Mercenary gear and nerfed the Warlord gear.
    what i want is prestige to either disappear and you simply earn gear with currency through quests or everyone to start at 0 again and rank up to 10 for example.

this will get a lot more people involved in pvp especially new players.
    The majority of people already dabble in PvP, they just do not do it in a dedicated fashion. Primarily because, well you run out of things to do and that leaves PvP. The issue isn't attracting players, its simply leveling the playing field out that should be the main focus of your argument.

Prestige is a pretty boring system to work with. I'd much rather have the old pvp trees back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast