+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 62
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 3.0 prestige reset

  1. #16
    Ascendant dday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    If you think gear and prestige levels are that important, you're doing it wrong.
    Haha yea I know another tier of gear won't be an advantage over a fresh 60. I mean 15k health isn't even that important nm all the other benefits. You're right though I'm wicked good that's why I kill fresh 60s with ease and regardless of what they do they can't kill me.

  2. #17
    Ascendant dday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    Reseting prestige is bad idea, because it would upset all the players who spend their money on getting vials. It is better if they simply increase max prestige which will lead to similar result without making people upset about ruining their work.

    It's a psychological move, and dont even dream about p2w boxes being removed, it's very unlikely.
    Don't care if they keep the p2w boxes they are still able to be bought with favor. As far as upsetting players it's more about getting new players and reducing the gear gap. A new grind was coming out anyways now just even the playing field. Hell if you think it's psychologically upsetting than just make new 60s start at prestige 90.

    The bottom line is 100 prestige ranks is beyond a daunting task for a new player. It needs to go for pvp

  3. #18
    Ascendant spaceboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,760

    Default

    ranks keep you in CQ. Why would they want to fix that?

  4. #19
    Ascendant dday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    ranks keep you in CQ. Why would they want to fix that?
    I actually went back in for the first time yesterday since I'm trying to get the seal and sigil. Almost forgot how much I hated it.

  5. #20
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    Don't care if they keep the p2w boxes they are still able to be bought with favor. As far as upsetting players it's more about getting new players and reducing the gear gap. A new grind was coming out anyways now just even the playing field. Hell if you think it's psychologically upsetting than just make new 60s start at prestige 90.

    The bottom line is 100 prestige ranks is beyond a daunting task for a new player. It needs to go for pvp
    They can just increase amount of prestige which player get at lower ranks or increase prestige rewards from pvp ranks.

    Who knows, maybe they will make some other rank indicator like visible rating based on performance or amount of winning and loses.

  6. #21
    Plane Walker deathstormer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    403

    Default

    actually every time they have bumped up the max prestige level they have reduced the amount required previously to get to the old max prestige level. It's only half as much required to get to 80 now than it was before the 90 cap got added.
    Last edited by deathstormer; 07-06-2014 at 12:06 AM.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

  7. #22
    Ascendant Gunzip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    With this same logic, PVE also should not require a gear grind, we should all be on the same level, and be able to kill tough bosses. Make it so Trion, /sarcasm.

    This is another stupid thread brought to you by the Xbox self entitlement kiddies.
    Last edited by Gunzip; 07-06-2014 at 05:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

    It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

  8. #23
    Prophet of Telara Morwath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    With this same logic, PVE also should not require a gear grind, we should all be on the same level, and be able to kill tough bosses. Make it so Trion, /sarcasm.

    This is another stupid thread brought to you by the Xbox self entitlement kiddies.
    Nope.
    PvP is about competition.
    PvE is about progression.

  9. #24
    Ascendant Gunzip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    Nope.
    PvP is about competition.
    PvE is about progression.
    So guilds don't compete against each other for world first kills?
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

    It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

  10. #25
    Ascendant Gunzip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    DDay, if you want features in guild wars 2, go sign up and play GW2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

    It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

  11. #26
    Prophet of Telara Morwath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    So guilds don't compete against each other for world first kills?
    I think no more than few guilds care about 'world first kills' which is 1-5% of Rift playerbase.
    Most of raiders do it just to progress with gear and have fun while playing with friends.

    PvPers are different kind of beings.

  12. #27
    Ascendant Gunzip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    I think no more than few guilds care about 'world first kills' which is 1-5% of Rift playerbase.
    Most of raiders do it just to progress with gear and have fun while playing with friends.

    PvPers are different kind of beings.
    Because you said so? And what about the games with ELO systems that have gated gear? like WoW, Wildstar, those are held up as the most competitive pvp games. And they have a gear gate, along with a wall that needs to be scaled based off your win/loss ratio. Come off it man, you just want a free handout.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

    It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

  13. #28
    Prophet of Telara Morwath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Because you said so? And what about the games with ELO systems that have gated gear? like WoW, Wildstar, those are held up as the most competitive pvp games. And they have a gear gate, along with a wall that needs to be scaled based off your win/loss ratio. Come off it man, you just want a free handout.
    If you're trying to tell me WoW is more 'competitive pvp game' than GW1 was I will just do nothing else but laugh.

    Btw... I've no issues with grinding anything, since I play 4-8 hours a day.
    Last edited by Morwath; 07-06-2014 at 06:05 AM.

  14. #29
    Ascendant Gunzip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    I would like to agree and disagree here.
    Players, including PvPers like to achieve something. Currently you can't achieve anything in Rift PvP except gear. We need content like GvG or some form of Sandbox.

    If we would have ranked PvP, you wouldn't need to grind gear to achieve something in PvP.
    However ranked PvP doesn't require gear grind attahed to it, which was proven by GW1/2 or MOBA games. I believe Rift would have more players if people interested in PvP wouldn't have to grind anything to say competitive and Trion still could sell fluff like costumes for them, like MOBA games do.
    Trying to turn RIFT into your favorite MOBA, priceless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

    It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

  15. #30
    Prophet of Telara Morwath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Trying to turn RIFT into your favorite MOBA, priceless.
    Except Im not playing MOBAs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts