+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Immune to all stuns and debilitate - cleric ?

Default Immune to all stuns and debilitate - cleric ?

How is this possible?

I'm not talking about perserverance & determination, that drops after one cc has affected it. I'm also not talking about cc immunity after a cc has been used.
    I'm also not talking about cc immunity after break free has been used.

I am talking about 4 cc spaced out over 8 gcd of either stun or debilitate being immune with no break free up, no perserverance up, and no immunity up. It wasnt just one fluke either it was 3 seperate times they were always immune to stun and debilitate. I could only root them.

They were one of 3 healers and it appears they were using a puri build. I could not cc this healer and had to resort to cc'ing the other 2 healers. While this healer continued to heal away.
    Illusive - EQ - retired, Illu - EQ2 - retired
    Illusive - Vanguard SoH - retired
    Illusive - AoC - retired
    Illusive - WoW - retired
    IllusiveEQ - Rift - current

Rift Master

I can only come up with 3. Break free + liberty (sent tree) + ability reset to re-use liberty. I've yet to come across a cleric heal build with 4 cc breaks. You sure there wasn't someone else on your team trying to cc the same guy and activating DR? Otherwise, not sure.

Are you sure you were hitting cc abilities and not damage ones? A lot of pugs confuse the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Taledra View Post
    I can only come up with 3. Break free + liberty (sent tree) + ability reset to re-use liberty. I've yet to come across a cleric heal build with 4 cc breaks. You sure there wasn't someone else on your team trying to cc the same guy and activating DR? Otherwise, not sure.
    100% positive there was no DR up, see first post. I am R90 and have been pvp'ing for at least 6 months never once seen what this cleric did. Hence the post.

I have access to 3 debilitates in a row and 5 stuns in a row in my pvp build should I choose to utilize them in that manor.

The cleric on all 3 occasions was immune to at least 4 that I spaced out and tossed at them in less than 8 gcd.
    Last edited by IllusiveEQ; 07-05-2014 at 01:52 PM.
    Illusive - AoC - retired
    Illusive - WoW - retired

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by IllusiveEQ View Post

The cleric on all 3 occasions was immune to at least 4 that I spaced out and tossed at them in less than 8 gcd.
    Hold on a second.
    8 gcd's?
    If you're throwing 4 stuns within an 8 second interval then of course they will be immune.
    You'll be immune to however long is the stun that you.

So if that Cleric gets hit by foul play, they'll be immune the entire duration after it breaks.
    So no doubt there was a glitch with your name plate.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

Rift Chaser

TS already said, there isn't any immunity icon on the nameplate. Well, i find it strange too, probably the skills u used wasn't in range to hit the healer? Or maybe he was in CC immunity but it wasn't showing up?

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Hold on a second.
    8 gcd's?
    If you're throwing 4 stuns within an 8 second interval then of course they will be immune.
    You'll be immune to however long is the stun that you.

So if that Cleric gets hit by foul play, they'll be immune the entire duration after it breaks.
    So no doubt there was a glitch with your name plate.
    You are mis-interpreting what I'm saying. At no time did any of my CC land, every single one said "IMMUNE"

First gcd dibilitate - immune check target, no dr up, no break free up. Okay maybe they had a cc immunity skill
    second gcd debilitate - immune, same no dr no break free no immunity skill.
    wait 4 seconds, repeat this time with a WTFBBQ why cant I cc this healer.
    Last edited by IllusiveEQ; 07-05-2014 at 04:38 PM.
    Illusive - AoC - retired
    Illusive - WoW - retired

Quote Originally Posted by polarshift View Post
    TS already said, there isn't any immunity icon on the nameplate. Well, i find it strange too, probably the skills u used wasn't in range to hit the healer? Or maybe he was in CC immunity but it wasn't showing up?
    I was in mele range of said healer, in a sea of their red. No one on my team in range of them.
    Illusive - AoC - retired
    Illusive - WoW - retired

I was in mele range of said healer, in a sea of their red. No one on my team in range of them.
    Either they just cleansed someone with Neddra's Torture, or they had Priest's Lament on them. Only things I can think of off the top of my head.

Neither of these require one of your team mates to be in range, and it could have just lined up so they had proc'd recently before you threw your CC.
    Last edited by Stihl; 07-05-2014 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    Either they just cleansed someone with Neddra's Torture, or they had Priest's Lament on them. Only things I can think of off the top of my head.

Neither of these require one of your team mates to be in range, and it could have just lined up so they had proc'd recently before you threw your CC.
    If nedra's procced they shouldn't have been able to continue casting.

Additionally, I find it highly unlikely that the exact same set of circumstances happened 3 separate times in a match.

Every time the same healer immune to either stun or debilitate and can only affected by root.
    Last edited by IllusiveEQ; 07-05-2014 at 04:57 PM.
    Illusive - AoC - retired
    Illusive - WoW - retired

Prophet of Telara

New Howling death provide immunity to next debilitate / interupt. Last 2min with 2min cd.

How is this possible?

I'm not talking about perserverance & determination, that drops after one cc has affected it. I'm also not talking about cc immunity after a cc has been used.
    I'm also not talking about cc immunity after break free has been used.

I am talking about 4 cc spaced out over 8 gcd of either stun or debilitate being immune with no break free up, no perserverance up, and no immunity up. It wasnt just one fluke either it was 3 seperate times they were always immune to stun and debilitate. I could only root them.

They were one of 3 healers and it appears they were using a puri build. I could not cc this healer and had to resort to cc'ing the other 2 healers. While this healer continued to heal away.
    I've been seeing similar issues.

Warriors and rogues are supposed to be interruptable now but clearly they don't get interrupted on many many occassion despite successful casts/uses, occassionally CC just doesn't work whatsoever basically universally, purges are unreliable as hell now and many many other things such as graphical issues causing ground AoE effects to vanish/beam attacks to vanish (ya know, stuff you NEED to LoS or interrupt on occassion)

Many many many problems that need to be fixed, that probably will only get progressively worse as things have been recently.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

I've seen this issue as well. I've just assumed it was a bug with the dr not showing up when it should. Meaning there is a DR on the person but no icon. It's been plaguing my mage the most. I can't explain what's causing it, but when I first saw it I thought I wasn't paying close enough attention or misunderstanding my abilities with the mage. I then began working the issue and it's definitely a bug, I'm just sure to what end. Is it a specific ability that's the issue or a coding issue dealing with all the different DRs or if it's just a graphical glitch. It sure is a pain though.

obviously hacking.

most be either hk or prophecy. shady people. i don't trust them.

#stirshietinthepotihashtagbecauseimcoollikethatyol omageswag

Prophet of Telara

Let me know this secret, I get cc'd all the time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast