Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: for anyone who killed me last night

Is that you? I'm honestly wondering.
    for anyone who killed me last night-h13aac286.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by eniac View Post
    Is that you? I'm honestly wondering.
    Attachment 19037
    a rottweiler joke, how original! next are you gonna change my name from techfall to techfail

Soulwalker

The beauty of living practically right by the NA severs.

for anyone who killed me last night-capture.png

Now if only I had a better PC for gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    a rottweiler joke, how original! next are you gonna change my name from techfall to techfail
    You know I used to think if there is an alias that can't be simply altered to something mean. I don't want infractions, but someone finally figured you can use a questionable name for a male and replace the "Dak" in my name with it. I was like NOOOOOOOOOO.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparked View Post

Attachment 19038

The downside to living in mid FL. You ping bad everywhere, and 50 ping is like top notch connection you'll ever get unless you are playing on FL/GA servers. Which, in turn, nobody else in the gaming world pings good to. I used to love visiting Texas. I'd refresh my server list and see all the 40 - 60 pings turn into 20 - 35's. So beautiful.
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-05-2014 at 07:14 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Sparked View Post

Attachment 19038

I seriously don't know what was going on I'm na and always sub 100 but last night I was yo yo ing up to 2k, dcd a few times and just awful lag. meduza lives about 20 min from me and had no issues but I forget if he has Verizon too

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    The downside to living in mid FL. You ping bad everywhere, and 50 ping is like top notch connection you'll ever get unless you are playing on FL/GA servers. Which, in turn, nobody else in the gaming world pings good to. I used to love visiting Texas. I'd refresh my server list and see all the 40 - 60 pings turn into 20 - 35's. So beautiful.
    Don't forget the frequent service interruptions and lamentable bandwidth. It's double the fun the past couple of months where I just get random spikes of 20k ping, sometimes accompanied by d/c's, completely at random. It's hard to say what's worse: monopolies, or Brighthouse.

I have Comcast... major dc's last night and lags. Must have been 4th of July terrorism.

i now know why you're so bad at physician.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Don't forget the frequent service interruptions and lamentable bandwidth. It's double the fun the past couple of months where I just get random spikes of 20k ping, sometimes accompanied by d/c's, completely at random. It's hard to say what's worse: monopolies, or Brighthouse.
    This game shows less net diagnostics than what I am used to. I liked that Q3's netgraph also showed your packet loss levels - which can be down the drain with the ping looking good. Awesome ping + bad PL < Bad ping + no PL. But, without a diagnostic, I don't even know if it's (packet loss) still prevalent in games like this. I think it is. Sometimes I hit abilities, they seem to fire off, but nothing happens. That is classic packet loss. Ping just delays you, packet loss can literally fail to even transmit what you told your toon to do.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

Rift's performance been atrocious for me for the past year. When I log onto WoW with the same connection I get roughly the same latency (~230-250ms) and it runs sooooo much better. No random lag outs followed by super-speed mode, no ability lag, abilities actually work when I press them, off gcd abilities can actually be used between a gcd, etc.
    Toggled abilities and off gcd abilities often don't work like they should in Rift. Toggled abilities depress on the action bar then immediately switch themselves off, two off gcd abilities absolutely can't be used within a gcd and playing melee is very difficult when my location on the server and on the client are at odds.

My ping doesn't explain how bad it is. I assume it is caused by packet loss or something.
    Last edited by Tookmyjob; 07-05-2014 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    This game shows less net diagnostics than what I am used to. I liked that Q3's netgraph also showed your packet loss levels - which can be down the drain with the ping looking good. Awesome ping + bad PL < Bad ping + no PL. But, without a diagnostic, I don't even know if it's (packet loss) still prevalent in games like this. I think it is. Sometimes I hit abilities, they seem to fire off, but nothing happens. That is classic packet loss. Ping just delays you, packet loss can literally fail to even transmit what you told your toon to do.
    You can still use the command prompt to ping the servers to check for packet loss:

https://support.trionworlds.com/app/...-network-tests

I think the game has packet loss issues but I am pretty sure there's a problem on my ISP's end too (using pingtest.net I sometimes see as high as 15% packet loss which is nuts).

1900 ping. that's about normal for us aussies.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

rift is bad anyways

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast