+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Keybinding, for the folks that care about performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    On a fun side note, if you zoom out far and have a DPS chasing your heal spec'd toon. I have found the same maneuvers that used to work in FPS (basic ones) actually work in MMOs.

My favorite is the B-line in 1 direction with about 3 - 4 fakes without ever changing directions with a hint of circular movement. You'd be surprised how much I've been able to make some melees disconnect from me. Guess I can use some of that old knowledge for something. People usually exepct you to eventually go the other way. If you fail to do it after like 4 fakes, it starts psyching them out. Then you finally do a real direction change and rinse-repeat. It's a mind game .

People don't get how psychological and intricate some of the dodging was. But I am talking about Q2/Q3, not stuff like CoD where you get dual rapid fire guns that kill someone in .75 seconds flat. There is no dodging in CoD, there is just hoping you don't get sprayed with overly lethal bullets.
    Not to ruin your fun or anything, but all of us healers know that jumping around objects and making tight turns in them messes with DPS, we learn that pretty early. The bads just stand and try to facetank--you've seen em. We all have.
    If you have to ask...you don't need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Baian View Post
    Awesome Post Gunzip!

One thing that I'd like to add is APM (Actions per minute). This is pretty much how many things you are doing every minute. In Strategy games like Starcraft 2 this is one way of determineing if a player is good or not (note I said 1 way there are some other factors involved too). Pretty much the more things you can do in 1 minute the better player you are.

In MMO's most people think that because everything is heavily macro'd that spamming 111111 all day long is good. The problem is that you are wasting your APM by clicking.

For example, as a mage, everytime I cast something that takse 2 seconds I try and pan my camera around, or click a new target or sometimes even mouse turn. A clicker will have a hard time doing this because they are heavily invested in clicking the Q-bars.

On a side note, I have you in one of my vids gunzip. If you'd like to see yourself in a WF from my POV check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TG7OXjKdjQ. You got top heals in that WF.
    Nice vids good quality!

Quit chasing me around in WF!

Quote Originally Posted by Flair View Post
    Not to ruin your fun or anything, but all of us healers know that jumping around objects and making tight turns in them messes with DPS, we learn that pretty early. The bads just stand and try to facetank--you've seen em. We all have.
    Everyone knows it, but how good is everyone at it? I only face-tank on my healer when there is no need to move. Least if someone sees me moving, they can know they are adding a layer of pressure to cause me to change my easiest course of execution.
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-15-2014 at 09:19 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Everyone knows it, but how good is everyone at it? I only face-tank on my healer when there is no need to move. Least if someone sees me moving, they can know they are adding a layer of pressure to cause me to change my easiest course of execution.
    Not to beat a dead horse but Trion introducing such things as physician made a ton more actually horrible healers. The worst offenders are physician because...they can.

I've seen more derpy physicians stand still or just facetank then any other healing soul, barring a patch that made X healing soul god mode. It continues even after nerfs, meaning it wasn't nerfed enough.

Whilst I know a normal average is usually 2 dps per 1 healer equation, making an even tougher healing soul and requiring better derpy dps wasn't a realistic thing, and has continued our trend of this heal wars in which heals win everything. It was already teetering on that prior.

Now if physician had as many ways to kill it as the other healing souls, it would not have made this issue so pronounced, but it did.

Overall what I find funny is the same people who knowingly claim dps is derpy, readily accepted a soul that had fewer flaws and more bonuses (i.e. harder to kill then the best healer) into the game since they themselves play it. Really? Did everyone expect our average dps to pick up the pace? LOL.

This is why our games are somewhat ridiculous with the occasional fun game.

Edit: Coming from one of a handful of people I know that can actually get a (good) Physician to run I usually acquire a pocket dom, pull tank, and dps all in one defending the suddenly threatened healer. While this is something to be proud of, it doesn't help the fact when you are the only one that can threaten the physician on the enemy team, and you can be nullified. I usually have to give up on the team and just try to kill stragglers since the alternative route is suicide and the game is most definitely over from the start.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 07-15-2014 at 12:08 PM.

I use a gaming mouse with 15 buttons because I like winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    I use a gaming mouse with 15 buttons because I like winning.
    MMO mouse>keybinds... lol keybinds.

Quote Originally Posted by Moirg View Post
    MMO mouse>keybinds... lol keybinds.
    Are you guys forserious?

Keybinding, for the folks that care about performance.-1371969467__logitech_g600_mmo_gaming_mouse.jpg

I ditched my keyboard and only use this mouse. But all it does is order domino's pizza over and over and over again.

This whole thread is starting to seem suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Talzoor View Post
    Are you guys forserious?

Attachment 19177

I ditched my keyboard and only use this mouse. But all it does is order domino's pizza over and over and over again.

This whole thread is starting to seem suspect.
    Are their any healers out there that don't clicky clicky? and no I'm not talking about pumping out aoe heals, I'm talking about spot healing certain raid members.

I like dominos pizza, I know it's probably awful for you but their plain cheese pizza for the price is great. Plus they deliver to me in about 20 minutes, <3 dominos.
    Last edited by DrkC; 07-16-2014 at 08:58 AM.
    Fiveball@wolfsbane - Mage
    Tenball@wolfsbane - Rogue

Next we discuss foot pads...(Not really)
    Found this one looking for a replacement for my Nostromo. No plans on buying this, I wiggle too much to have one foot glued in place. Two would be really weird.

http://stinkyboard.com/

Keybinding, for the folks that care about performance.-stinky-software-screen.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    Next we discuss foot pads...(Not really)
    Found this one looking for a replacement for my Nostromo. No plans on buying this, I wiggle too much to have one foot glued in place. Two would be really weird.

http://stinkyboard.com/

Attachment 19206
    Hmmm by my calculations this foot pad could improve my survival rate by 32.33% repeating.

Interesting.
    Last edited by Talzoor; 07-18-2014 at 06:26 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9