+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Keybinding, for the folks that care about performance.

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    so using your middle finger and thumb on your mouse to strafe left and right is less efficent than using two fingers our of 5 to use your abilities? the level of wrong in pretty much everyone of your posts suggests trolling.

and its not "my view" its called common sense
    I keyboard strafe some people just find it easier. For me i have gone thru so many games now all different. IE less keybinds, more keybinds. Some games you can't even strafe. Conan you had to use 123 QE and combo buttons to get your attacks off. Over all them games I just stick with keyboard strafe/mouse turn and build around that. Even with the keybinding talk with Hiko's i am still used to Warhammer where is was more about fast pace killing 2-3 hits dead and not about whack a mole 100 abilities. So yeah i use 18 keys to play rift where I can because that's the mode I am used to atm. If they changed the macros or i moved to wow I'd have to adjust again. Looking at what I'd need for wow I'd prolly look at getting a dreamweaver and straffing with a thumb but still left hand. It's just what i am used to look with right hand strafe with left.

Edit I am hung over and don;t know my right from left lol
    Last edited by deathstormer; 07-11-2014 at 07:55 PM.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Talzoor View Post
    so many nerds.
    Continuing then, I watched Ecru's video, the one with his hand in it. Dday is right, his hands are all over the place but he more than compensates for the extra motion with speed and accuracy. After watching that, I would say I win the efficiency category hands down though. I can legit play ranged/heals one hand. Melee takes two because I need to separate the camera from motion but I can do everything from my mouse except dance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

I'd prolly invest in one of these for more hardcore 50+ bind games.
    http://www.razerzone.com/au-en/gamin...eaver-stealth/
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Quote Originally Posted by deathstormer View Post
    I'd prolly invest in one of these for more hardcore 50+ bind games.
    http://www.razerzone.com/au-en/gamin...eaver-stealth/
    I am due for one, my Nostromo keys are white now but they started off black, wore the paint off. Great unit though, very durable, only way to play on a laptop so I carry it with me when I travel and it takes that no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Ascendant

I click and keyboard turn.

I guess if I even come close to someones performance in anything they must be bad, since apparently clicking, keyboard turning players are bad by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    I click and keyboard turn.

I guess if I even come close to someones performance in anything they must be bad, since apparently clicking, keyboard turning players are bad by default.
    hahah you are that stubborn. it's not like people cant be good playing any way they want but the most efficient way is to have your whole left hand to use abilities because its faster, fact not opinion. the only time it wouldn't be a big deal is if you only had 3 buttons to push.

not using key binds or moving strafe with your left hand is not as good as using it with your mouse..this is fact not opinion. you may not like it because you arent used to it but its better. this doesnt prevent people from being good especially in rift but its like the analogy i used earlier, an NHL player is still going to be good with a wood stick but he'd be better with a composite one.

Ascendant

What advantage is there to putting strafes on the mouse? You're not opening any unique functions and you're not freeing up keybinds. I don't get it?
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    What advantage is there to putting strafes on the mouse? You're not opening any unique functions and you're not freeing up keybinds. I don't get it?
    so you cant circle strafe back and forth and still cast abilities with your left hand?? i dont know what the default strafe buttons are but those are buttons you can bind abilities to

or kite back and still face your target and cast abilities

i mean if you have a gaming mouse you can strafe with your thumb and middle finger on your right hand plus move, all while casting abilities at will with no issues facing target. if you use two fingers to strafe back and forth you are slower to cast abilities, switch targets etc etc etc
    Last edited by dday; 07-12-2014 at 06:19 AM.

Ascendant

How are you slower? You use the same amount of fingers either way...
    Last edited by Raen Ryong; 07-12-2014 at 07:48 AM.

How are you slower? You use the same amount of fingers either way...
    what? if you have two fingers strafing back and forth do avoid being in front of a target that leaves 3 fingers left....

idk about you but i like pinky for switching targets 3 other figures for abilities and thumb for jumping and other stuff i dont use much

left hand is all movement, including my charge and interrupt on mouse
    Last edited by dday; 07-12-2014 at 07:55 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    what? if you have two fingers strafing back and forth do avoid being in front of a target that leaves 3 fingers left....
    Which is the same as using your left hand?

Which is the same as using your left hand?
    haha your not following sir

strafe using left hand leave 3 fingers to use abilities and you lose 2 spots to key bind

strafe using right hand leave all 5 fingers on left hand to use abilities all while being able to move and attack at the same time

Rift Chaser

My entire left hand is for abilities and, if you strafe with your left hand do you bind abilities to keys by strafe and hit both at same time?

I can turn the camera + strafe jump 360 strafe in the air if i wanted to while hitting abilities with my left hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Motoboat View Post
    My entire left hand is for abilities and, if you strafe with your left hand do you bind abilities to keys by strafe and hit both at same time?
    yes.

this is how most people play video games. you have four fingers and a thumb on either hand. turning 360 degrees while moving with your keyboard and hitting buttons with it is not really that big of a deal.

i feel that a lot of people in this thread or in rift in general lack the dexterity for this, but i don't know if it's because they never played fps games growing up or because rift or some other mmo are the only pc games they've ever played at all.

I can turn the camera + strafe jump 360 strafe in the air if i wanted to while hitting abilities with my left hand.
    now imagine doing this while aiming and maintaining speed through an advanced movement system by being forced to jump non stop and strafing side to side while turning your mouse smoothly at the perfect speed proportional to your forward movement speed, which is always increasing, to constantly accelerate and move faster than your opponent.

the switch over to rift where all you have to do is hit a sequence of buttons while only moving around with wasd and only having to face the general direction of your target rather than aim at them is pretty trivial after this.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    yes.

this is how most people play video games. you have four fingers and a thumb on either hand. turning 360 degrees while moving with your keyboard and hitting buttons with it is not really that big of a deal.

i feel that a lot of people in this thread or in rift in general lack the dexterity for this, but i don't know if it's because they never played fps games growing up or because rift or some other mmo are the only pc games they've ever played at all.

now imagine doing this while aiming and maintaining speed through an advanced movement system by being forced to jump non stop and strafing side to side while turning your mouse smoothly at the perfect speed proportional to your forward movement speed, which is always increasing, to constantly accelerate and move faster than your opponent.

the switch over to rift where all you have to do is hit a sequence of buttons while only moving around with wasd and only having to face the general direction of your target rather than aim at them is pretty trivial after this.
    hah you cant compare moving in an fps to an mmo because of aim.....you could never move with mouse in an fps because then you cant aim. also you have 1 ability to use "shoot"

seriously this thread is so full of dumb i cant handle it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast