+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Keybinding, for the folks that care about performance.

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    what is it with mmo players and not using wasd like people in every other type of game

this is seriously bizarre
    haha because its inefficient? i dont get how people can even defend it to be honest. it was the single biggest upgrade to my play when i switched. only other thing that is a no brainer is using karuul alert

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    haha because its inefficient? i dont get how people can even defend it to be honest. it was the single biggest upgrade to my play when i switched. only other thing that is a no brainer is using karuul alert
    in what way is it inefficient? using both hands to move just seems counter-intuitive to me when you can dedicate one to movement and the other to abilities you need to use on the move. strafing with side buttons seems like an especially bad idea when you have more than two buttons available on the side of your mouse because you only have one thumb.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

in what way is it inefficient? using both hands to move just seems counter-intuitive to me when you can dedicate one to movement and the other to abilities you need to use on the move. strafing with side buttons seems like an especially bad idea when you have more than two buttons available on the side of your mouse because you only have one thumb.
    I'd agree with that. I only have two buttons on the side of my mouse, so I use my left hand for abilities and right hand for targeting/movement. I do still have WASD bound for movement but that's mostly because Rift time often overlaps with sandwich or tea time; they're sort of in awkward positions because I have really long fingers which makes it hard for me to hit the number bar and those buttons simultaneously.

I suppose it's different for people who have those 5445986-button mouses. Shrug. To each their own really, whatever works.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Koldsteel was the only person I saw in BG's who really demolished me - I could not take him out when he was after me. An 'equally' geared Sin from Strike. Those Assassins could kill you before you cast the nuke that would 1 shot the Assassin . I had to get the jump on Scouts cause if they got close it was scary . Melee was very scary in that game, but a ranged left to cast free could often still out-do them. I think this community would flip if this game ever did that xD.
    EQ2 Sin is why I have never been shy to talk about ganking here. My last two years there I was mostly Predator for pvp, didn't blink on one and two shotting as Sin. Shadow Step into an Execute, start looking for the next target. Tried Sin here, didn't mess with it again until SL. Still doesn't do 20-30% of what Barundi could on a %hp per attack basis. People whine about one shot here and they are really talking about some kind of a stun lock, inability to respond, or big dps combo not an actual 100+% HP damage ability. Sin and Wiz both could, of course Wiz was just lolworthy. No need to even get mad about getting hit for 120-200% health, not like there was a fight at any point, its just like "oh, I am dead."

I may sound nostalgic for that game from time to time but I can't do that style game anymore. 20 hours a week raiding to be competitive in pvp because the best pvp gear was raid gear until TSO and even then, Havoc had the best in game and it beat my TSO. They actively blocked and farmed contested to maintain gear superiority, they would corpse camp avatars, no kidding, 24/7 they would respond with an x4 to take them down. One of the guilds I was in called Insurrection paid $2400 to move the entire raid team off Nagafen for avatar kills. I love Rift, I love that it's easy to do and doesn't take camping a rock for three weeks to fill a single slot. People ***** about the pvp grind in WFs but at least your busy during the grind. Weeks of sitting was the plan in EQ2, the way it was supposed to work. What the hell was I thinking...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

what is it with mmo players and not using wasd like people in every other type of game

this is seriously bizarre
    Couldn't tell you when I made the switch to be honest. I knew I needed more keybinds and wanted something comfortable and this is what I came up with. I also tried E, R, T, and F as my movement keys for a while but it felt like I was swimming in the middle of my keyboard so I switched back to WERD. I play fps like LFD2 with modified keybinds as well.

Why do you think pressing WASDQ or E would be an issue with the sidepad mouse? Left hand is movement only, right hand is aiming, right thumb is selecting from 12 keys, left thumb toggles keybinds. The only thing that gets tricky is strafe left while tab spamming and that's only on the left hand so the right is free to aim or target select if I am struggling that bad with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Keyboard strafing is far superior to using your mouse to strafe with only your thumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

the real question that needs to be answered in this thread is who PVP's in this game anymore? ; )

Rift Disciple

Nerdddddddddddddssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssss

so many nerds.

Rift Chaser

1v1 strafe contest, side mouse strafers against lolKeyboard strafers.

Hosted by server police (idk i couldn't think of lolGuild off the top of my head, that's all I had).

1st place - RG gift
    2nd place - 1 rex
    3rd place - 99 torvan stout (#1 healer NA)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Keyboard strafing is far superior to using your mouse to strafe with only your thumb.
    you have to be trolling at this point no one is this clueless

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    you have to be trolling at this point no one is this clueless
    Every response of yours is an accusation of trolling, so if someone responds to you that differs from your view its trolling. Ok going to ignore you from here on out, you're not using logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Every response of yours is an accusation of trolling, so if someone responds to you that differs from your view its trolling. Ok going to ignore you from here on out, you're not using logic.
    Ignore all of us and don't respond in this section, thanks in advance.

so using your middle finger and thumb on your mouse to strafe left and right is less efficent than using two fingers our of 5 to use your abilities? the level of wrong in pretty much everyone of your posts suggests trolling.

and its not "my view" its called common sense

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast