+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pvp gear.

Default pvp gear.

Its been a while since i have played rift. I was addicted to the game and then the expansion hit and i was not a big fan of some of the changes.

I started playing again, and the game has changed quite a bit, where i feel like im a new player again What i want to find out before i start playing is the following:

1. Macros. This was a big change going into the expansion , where most of the skills became instants and were not able to be macro-ed anymore. Im not complaining about that, What i had issue with was skill bloat. (too many skills for a rotation). I want to find out If this has been changed.

2. Gear. Before the expansion i did not do raids or dungeons. I mainly did pvp and open world pve (rifts and such) the top level gear we got from pvp was sufficient and made open world pve enjoyable. After the expansion, top gear pvp gear hits like a wet noodle and crafted pve gear was much much better. Has this changed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Noriega View Post
    You seem to be making excuses for bad changes. Cleric version of battered wife syndrome.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by THRiLL KiLL View Post
    Its been a while since i have played rift. I was addicted to the game and then the expansion hit and i was not a big fan of some of the changes.

I started playing again, and the game has changed quite a bit, where i feel like im a new player again What i want to find out before i start playing is the following:

1. Macros. This was a big change going into the expansion , where most of the skills became instants and were not able to be macro-ed anymore. Im not complaining about that, What i had issue with was skill bloat. (too many skills for a rotation). I want to find out If this has been changed.

2. Gear. Before the expansion i did not do raids or dungeons. I mainly did pvp and open world pve (rifts and such) the top level gear we got from pvp was sufficient and made open world pve enjoyable. After the expansion, top gear pvp gear hits like a wet noodle and crafted pve gear was much much better. Has this changed?
    #1 most abilities can be macro'd. There are a lot of abilities though and creating the macro's from scratch can take a little bit of thinking. I think there are a lot of guides out that can help you set up the macro's and keys though. Check out the boards for your favorite class and more specifically the guide section of that board. If you are still having trouble just post in that board what your class and souls are and I'm sure someone will help you out. If you play Mage you can PM me directly and I can give you some basic macro's and rotations for whatever soul combination you are playing.

For your #2, this hasn't changed and probably has gotten worse. I think Trion is looking in to gear because that was a hot topic in their annual survey. We might not see anything change though until 3.0 comes out, hopefully sometime this year.

+ Reply to Thread