+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Is PvP healing working as intended?

Soulwalker

Default Is PvP healing working as intended?

Im just wondering...what do the devs say? what does the community say?

because i dont know, whether its an adapt/l2p issue, but for me healing completely destroys the fun in pvp.

heals seem badly too strong, considering that most heals are instant, and that there are very few abilities, that reduce healing.
    i dont know about every class, but warrior dps souls seems to have a lack of good interrupt or silence abilities.

you basicly only need 2 healers crosshealing for warfronts and nothing can die, if the know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Calliro View Post
    Im just wondering...what do the devs say? what does the community say?

because i dont know, whether its an adapt/l2p issue, but for me healing completely destroys the fun in pvp.

heals seem badly too strong, considering that most heals are instant, and that there are very few abilities, that reduce healing.
    i dont know about every class, but warrior dps souls seems to have a lack of good interrupt or silence abilities.

you basicly only need 2 healers crosshealing for warfronts and nothing can die, if the know what to do.
    Para has stun and debilitate, if u playing something else as a warrior in wf ur doing it wrong.

And yes heals are strong. More so when its p90 heals vs p50 dps =)

Prophet of Telara

I would say yes, since if you look at all the tournaments dps players wont have a problem as long as it's at least 1.5-2 (read 1 dps + support or 2 dps) vs 1 healer ratio.

This is why i believe it's L2p issue, there's too many dumb players running in warfront with pve specs or some stupid hybrids which are tanky but cant dps, so obviously healers will survive.

The worst part is that most players refuse to switch to roles which are needed so one team ends with several healers and good dps while other gets no healers but plenty of tanks and AE dps.

Trion should encourage players to make small premades so they can get better.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    I would say yes, since if you look at all the tournaments dps players wont have a problem as long as it's at least 1.5-2 (read 1 dps + support or 2 dps) vs 1 healer ratio.

This is why i believe it's L2p issue, there's too many dumb players running in warfront with pve specs or some stupid hybrids which are tanky but cant dps, so obviously healers will survive.

The worst part is that most players refuse to switch to roles which are needed so one team ends with several healers and good dps while other gets no healers but plenty of tanks and AE dps.

I roll a healer when I have to. And the healing is a tad bit too strong at the moment I think.
    But partly it is a L2team focus issue. I just laugh sometimes because the DPS are trying to zerg the tank down, while completely ignoring me. So I can keep a tank and the whole team up for a long time while they go down like flies. The teams that can chain focus the healers will win, even if they are lower ranked.

It's a l2p issue where apparently it's easier to l2p as a healer.

Ascendant

Too much of what clerics can do is instant cast, not sure about rogues.

I played a lot of cleric heal roles and a lot of chloro. Chloro can give extremely high heals on a single target other than them self and very little heals on them self, most of which involved a cast time; whereas cleric can give slightly less on them self or anyone else where instant heals make up a decent proportion of the output.

The heart of problem IMO is that healers are mostly designed around burst heals and DPS revolves around burst as a consequence. You kind of end up with a 'yoyo' effect on the HP bars and decreasing heals and dps is the solution; either that or adjusting valor, dps and hps.

The 'yoyo' effect is bad for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post

Thank CQ for bad specs in WF, as players think it works in both. CQ is touted as open world PvP.

they is already an incentive to do pms or be farmed. Part of the reason the population remains too low to support seperate ques. Just most ppl for different reason do not want to have to do them everytime they enter a WF or CQ.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    Thank CQ for bad specs in WF, as players think it works in both. CQ is touted as open world PvP.

they is already an incentive to do pms or be farmed. Part of the reason the population remains too low to support seperate ques. Just most ppl for different reason do not want to have to do them everytime they enter a WF or CQ.
    The problem is that you can drop all of your burst on a player and they can be healed to max HP within a few seconds. This completely negates the effect of sustained DPS and really messes up the play-style of most souls. Why would you want to use a 30-45 second cooldown ability when you can hold it and use it with your 1 minute cooldown/s to try and negate the healer's burst heals (which are on lower CDs)?

Unless you can co-ordinate the lower cooldown abilities (30-45) with someone else, the effect will most likely be lost due to burst heals.

Ascendant

Generally speaking, the average heal is higher than the average damaging attack and the big heals have a shorter cooldown than the big nukes.

Plus most balancing followed roughly this formula:
    Man burst heals are big
    So lets nerf heals?
    Nope, moar burst dps!

That's why games without healers have insanely small TTK, and why people not actively focused by a healer can blow up before the healer responds. But once the healer starts, they can negate a couple dps(usually because the burst is already on cooldown)

Fia

Hmm, Rogue healers seem to be too tanky atm, imo at least, other than that, I don't really see any difference in healing than the way it has always been. People just need to learn how different healing classes behave in different situations, if you know how the healer you're attacking is most likely going to behave under heavy burst dps (i.e. if you know what abilities the healer is most likely to use), then you can almost always counter accordingly as a dps to make sure he won't survive your attack.

Then again, do keep in mind that healers should be able to survive 1 attacker but should go down very quickly against 2 attackers.
    Last edited by Fia; 07-03-2014 at 06:13 AM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

Ascendant

Before anyone mentions it, yes I do know that 30 second abilities can work into 1 min CDs, but the 30sec CDs are often underwhelming compared to healer's 15 sec CDs.

Plane Walker

The best healing soul for cleric is also the easiest to play
    Luxie@greybriar
    Healmesloots@deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Honeymoon View Post
    The best healing soul for cleric is also the easiest to play
    you havent seen easy until you play liberator. it makes warlord look like defilemancer
    Last edited by dday; 07-03-2014 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    Before anyone mentions it, yes I do know that 30 second abilities can work into 1 min CDs, but the 30sec CDs are often underwhelming compared to healer's 15 sec CDs.
    i think the biggest thing is raid frames. in 5 v 5 i dont think healing is a factor because assiting is much easier when you work together, however when its 20 on 20 pug its much easier to assist heal with raid frames then it is to assist dps.

Prophet of Telara

Absorb trinket comes off cd at the same time burst cds are up.
    Absorbs can stack.. seen up to 78% of my damage being absorbed from puri and physicians.
    Damage reductions lower damage and make absorbs last longer.
    CC on dps is a natural synergy to healing because no dps = no healing required.
    Most specs that do bring in CC that is effective toward healers lower your raid dps which completely counters healing.
    And I can name a few more but you get it now..

The only thing that is good about stacking healers is if you are a new player you can usually give a lot of good solo players a tough time just by stacking heals.

One fix would be to make absorbs independently reduced in pvp from healing reduction and to put a cap on the amount of damage that can be reduced in pvp through damage reduction and absorbs.
    Last edited by Planetx; 07-03-2014 at 07:38 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast