+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Mage future PvP direction

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    I am the Rogue main, Ianto is the Mage main.
    Let alone that actually, mage's received an overall buff.
    Look, I understand this is all distressing, but why not just sit back, let the changes happen and then make new specs after.

If you combine it with the new stormcaller, you'll find its quite hardy.
    Thats the point of this thread to give pvp mages a place to gather information from the devs and give them our input. You know as well as i do that once they make the changes go live they are 99% more likely to not make any major changes other than dpshps inc/dcrs. Which is why its important they give us the opportunity beforehand.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

I don't run around assuming that the class I play is somehow the whipping boy of a gaming company looking to make a profit.

Seriously, you and everyone else who says those silly things needs to think about it.
    What the heck does Trion gain from making your class bad?
    I mean...in raids the optimal set up involves using all 4 classes, so it makes little sense to say they don't care or don't pay attention to any class.

All you have to do is look at the patch notes.

Tl;dr: No, my post is more important.

@Landstalker: That is because Mage's are, and I dislike saying it, arguably the best balanced. They have good things in them, but they also have cons to go with the good. They rely on a team rather than being stand alone. Unfortunately, because they are team reliant, they are the weakest since everyone else was updated to be more independent. That includes Warriors, despite what they may say.
    Since you play a rogue, your stance has been explained.

Next, if the fact I play a mage makes it "my class" then all 4 are "my class", if you think it is my main, wrong again...my main is cleric.

And no, your posts are no more important than anyone else's, get over yourself. Since I have a 60 of all 4 classes, seems to me what I stated maybe pretty close to true. Rogue is the favored child (oh look, your main), then cleric, warrior and mage. If it is not, they certainly make it seem like it is.

Just got to wonder why another rogue feels the need to fight so hard to keep mage survivability down? Nothing like having to hard cast when a rogue has pop out of stealth on you...that's what I call fair and balanced between the class, dead before you can finish casting.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Come on Kervik lets discuss some options for the pvpers that will still keep in line what you have in mind pve wise. Give us the chance to give our input as well as feedback during the discussion.
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Speaking of more buffs on the way, here's more of what should be hitting PTS probably next week at this point:
    • Accelerant is now a separate debuff from Countdown. Increased the duration of Accelerant to 10s.
    • Reduced the internal cooldown of Wildfire to 20s.
    • The buff from Wildfire now lasts 20s.
    • Fireball no longer consumes stacks of Pyromancer’s Fury while Heat Wave is active.
    • Reduced the cooldown of Fulminate to 30s.
    • Pyromancer’s Fury now also reduces the cast time of Fireball by 0.5s.
    • Increased the damage of Flame Volley, Countdown, Cinder Burst, Inferno and Searing Bolt.
    Not too shabby.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    Thats the point of this thread to give pvp mages a place to gather information from the devs and give them our input. You know as well as i do that once they make the changes go live they are 99% more likely to not make any major changes other than dpshps inc/dcrs. Which is why its important they give us the opportunity beforehand.
    Stalker, there is a thread for it. Recently Kervik put up the next changes being implemented into Pyro. The best way to get information is the Mage forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    Since you play a rogue, your stance has been explained.
    Mm... one sec

My thread

Or even better

post #31

If you are going to insinuate me as biased, could you have the decency to back it up?

Next, if the fact I play a mage makes it "my class" then all 4 are "my class", if you think it is my main, wrong again...my main is cleric.
    I don't care what you play.
    And no, your posts are no more important than anyone else's,
    In this case? Yeah.
    When you go around making posts that makes an unfair critique without a valid reason, its as important as the guy going "fight fight fight!"

get over yourself.
    Words you should abide, as you seem to believe your viewpoint to be correct without the possibility of it being wrong.
    When you are done being over dramatic and doing the whole "we're the red headed step child" like everyone else does, then I may take you more seriously.

Until then, I'll let you know that redheads are incredibly sexy.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by ConclusionTheFirst View Post
    Not too shabby.
    SEE!?
    Conclusion found it!

Its right there in the Mage forum.
    *sigh*

Im more interested in mage across the board and its future for pvp. Also theres more than you think whom only read the pvp section so this thread is appropriate imo and hence why i made it.
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Ascendant

Im more interested in mage across the board and its future for pvp. Also theres more than you think whom only read the pvp section so this thread is appropriate imo and hence why i made it.
    Then those people should hang their head in shame.
    It's like complaining that no one knocked on your door to tell you a Tornado was coming when it was on TV and on your phone.

Then those people should hang their head in shame.
    It's like complaining that no one knocked on your door to tell you a Tornado was coming when it was on TV and on your phone.
    Hey im trying to create another outlet for constructive criticism. Now if you dont mind Mr. Rogue please stop trolling the thread.
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Ascendant

The new pyro Mage, with the most recent round of pts changes, looks to be following the tempest paradigm, with 15s burst cycles of varying strength, which is a huge buff over being a 2 minute hero.

You just have to deal with casting from time to time. Stutter stepping 1.5s is much better than 2.0. The hardest part will be maintaining stacks of the cinder burst buff, that's alot of hard casting.

In terms of survivability, I think the new stormcaller opens a ton of options - somebody mentioned 8% mitigation if you add arbiter, and ride the wind.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by ConclusionTheFirst View Post
    Not too shabby.
    Taking the best part of Pyros utility away and making them even more prone to interrupt ?

Great way of nerfing mages. Pretend damage will be increased, but actually remove any chance of that damage being delivered in pvp

Plane Touched

Oh, I did'nt say, but

Kervik is bad at his job

Please can you get rid of him and put someone else there? From a pvp perspective, Kervik sucks.

Plane Walker

Mage, future, PVP, direction. All those words combined into one line make no sense. Mage, no future, dead in pvp, no direction... Now this is starting to make sense.

Ascendant

Hey im trying to create another outlet for constructive criticism. Now if you dont mind Mr. Rogue please stop trolling the thread.
    You and Dday should get a room together, you both use the term troll poorly.
    If you want to provide constructive criticism, put it in the mage forum where it belongs.

Kervik does not bother with the PvP forums, no developer does.
    This is the PvP forum, where people come to whine, complain, and act as if the world is falling apart.
    Look at Drake's post, I bet he doesn't even know how incredibly burst Pyro will be, or how it will gain an amazing escape tool with SC's changes.
    Last edited by Katosu; 07-04-2014 at 08:02 PM.

Guess I should repost this here:

32 arb 44 pyro 0 dom (or 42 pyro 2 dom for kb / cast haste) is going to be a beastly pvp spec. I expect it to be nerfed before pyro goes live or much QQ will ensue

stuns - 2
    Avalanche 15 sc cd / charge - 3s duration
    Scorch - 10 sec cd / 5s duration 45s immunity per target

Debilitates - 2
    Burn - 5s duration
    Chocking flood - pull & 5s duration

CC breaks 3
    Flicker - 15s cooldown 15m teleport
    Heatwave - 1 min cd - off gcd
    Break free

Crowd control
    Rift tomb
    Transmorgify
    Burning bonds - 8s duration root

Healing/absorb
    Soothing waters - off gcd consumes all charge
    Shielding ward 3% hp
    Frosted shield 3% hp
    Burning shield 3k absorb

With the up and coming pyro changes it should pull 3k sustained pvp dps factoring in the 16% soul gift pvp loss from arb.

Oh and it has 50k hp in my live r90 pvp gear
    Last edited by IllusiveEQ; 07-04-2014 at 09:46 PM.
    Illusive - EQ - retired, Illu - EQ2 - retired
    Illusive - Vanguard SoH - retired
    Illusive - AoC - retired
    Illusive - WoW - retired
    IllusiveEQ - Rift - current

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast