+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Mage future PvP direction

Nobody is ignoring anything. We simply want more information. You want to make mages immobile casters with no cc/utility. Fine, but explain to me how this is going to keep us competitive in pvp. Give us an idea of where this is going so that we can give informed feedback and constructive criticism of the changes your making to SC and Pyro bc lets be honest. Once your done with those your not going back anytime soon probably not this year. So lets put it all on the table so we can at least attempt to prevent anything that could be potentially disastrous to the mage class down the line. Right now al we know is that we are going back to stand still casts in a melee world and having almost all of our cc/utility/defenses taken away. Everyone wants the game to be enjoyable for everyone playing regardless of class, just let us know what you guys have in mind.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    Nobody is ignoring anything. We simply want more information. You want to make mages immobile casters with no cc/utility. Fine, but explain to me how this is going to keep us competitive in pvp. Give us an idea of where this is going so that we can give informed feedback and constructive criticism of the changes your making to SC and Pyro bc lets be honest. Once your done with those your not going back anytime soon probably not this year. So lets put it all on the table so we can at least attempt to prevent anything that could be potentially disastrous to the mage class down the line. Right now al we know is that we are going back to stand still casts in a melee world and having almost all of our cc/utility/defenses taken away. Everyone wants the game to be enjoyable for everyone playing regardless of class, just let us know what you guys have in mind.
    Maybe they can reprise Ground of Power in some iteration.
    If you have to ask...you don't need to know.

Nobody is ignoring anything. We simply want more information.
    And why would they give it? Any time the devs make any comment on goals or direction, people contort and cling to it. Mages are still whinging about "melee > range" in every thread even though that concept has been dead and buried for Mages for quite some time (not to mention it's an oversimplification of one post made by one dev almost two years ago who doesn't even work for the company anymore). People read promises into their words and then when they don't get what they want or what they expect, they throw it back in the devs' faces.

I am pretty sure they are in the business of putting a product on the table people will enjoy. Has there been hiccups in the past with providing information of future goals/plans extc. Sure, of course. Thats bc people have different ideas of what they want to happen with their class when changes are being discussed. Some are even passionate about certain topics. Theres nothing wrong with. Now does all this mean they should never once again guve hs a heads up of what they have in mind for the future? Of course not. They want feedback on the changes. How the heck am I or anyone else who likes to pvp supposed to do so with the information at hand. Would you rather us rage out at the loss of burn, burning shield, fiery resolve, backdraft, static barrier, icy vortex being out of reach for sun points? Or would it not be better for us to politely ask for more input on where they are going?

I chose to ask. Alot of us would like to give input on the pvp aspect of the reworks. Now i know this is gonna ruffle feathers with you and some of the other top teir raiding mages who seem to have devs on their speed dial, but hey... Pvpers are part of the game too. We deserve the same oppurtunity to give our input on soul adjustments as well. I dont mean for us to be heard and forgotten either.

Seriously, what are we supposed to do casting standing still when everyone and their mom is gonna charge at us, pull us to them, or the fact that even tho we are casters again standing still our dps is not good enough for losing the mobility. I dont think we are asking much here. We just want to be part of the discussion and to have that chance to make sure the changes are still going to provide an enjoyable pvp experience.
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    And why would they give it? Any time the devs make any comment on goals or direction, people contort and cling to it. Mages are still whinging about "melee > range" in every thread even though that concept has been dead and buried for Mages for quite some time (not to mention it's an oversimplification of one post made by one dev almost two years ago who doesn't even work for the company anymore). People read promises into their words and then when they don't get what they want or what they expect, they throw it back in the devs' faces.
    Holds true for every MMO ever. Anyone ever remember the EQ "Vision"? Also give 3.0 is introducing Masteries as well as soul overhauls not sure why people can't keep their panties out of a wad. Then again I used to read DAOC forums too.

Mage is the worst class in pvp and has been there for awhile. Is it really a huge wonder that people are nervous about these changes to pyro? Especially with no word on what the direction is here. We all know how long it takes for anything to be changed in a soul. The more it progresses down one line of thought the least likely they are to revert it to something else. This is the perfect time for pvp mages to be asking questions and seeking answers. Right now all they dev team is doing is mostly taking input from pvers. They are not even responding at all to pvp inquires. If the tables were turned pvers would be outraged.
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    Just as important as the post you just made.
    I don't run around assuming that the class I play is somehow the whipping boy of a gaming company looking to make a profit.

Seriously, you and everyone else who says those silly things needs to think about it.
    What the heck does Trion gain from making your class bad?
    I mean...in raids the optimal set up involves using all 4 classes, so it makes little sense to say they don't care or don't pay attention to any class.

All you have to do is look at the patch notes.

Tl;dr: No, my post is more important.

@Landstalker: That is because Mage's are, and I dislike saying it, arguably the best balanced. They have good things in them, but they also have cons to go with the good. They rely on a team rather than being stand alone. Unfortunately, because they are team reliant, they are the weakest since everyone else was updated to be more independent. That includes Warriors, despite what they may say.
    Last edited by Katosu; 07-03-2014 at 12:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

Shield of Telara

Horrible changes are coming specially for pvp RIP pyro.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    I don't run around assuming that the class I play is somehow the whipping boy of a gaming company looking to make a profit.

Seriously, you and everyone else who says those silly things needs to think about it.
    What the heck does Trion gain from making your class bad?
    I mean...in raids the optimal set up involves using all 4 classes, so it makes little sense to say they don't care or don't pay attention to any class.

All you have to do is look at the patch notes.

Tl;dr: No, my post is more important.

@Landstalker: That is because Mage's are, and I dislike saying it, arguably the best balanced. They have good things in them, but they also have cons to go with the good. They rely on a team rather than being stand alone. Unfortunately, because they are team reliant, they are the weakest since everyone else was updated to be more independent. That includes Warriors, despite what they may say.

exactly and why mages have to be so dependent of the group when every other class can fight by themselves, its very unfair, warriors/rogues and clerics have crazy survavility crazy shields passive defensive buff, and mages? what happen to mages? not a single soul of mages have good defensive abilitiesfor wf , So basically mages have to play very smart and time all the cc and flicker in orden to win and clerics/warriors and rogues just have to spam 1 macro and that's it.

Shield of Telara

It also lost burn, fire shield, burning shield, backdraft and fiery resolve. All pvp stuff.
    exactly mages have lost all kind of CC. Respect to the crappy shield its better they go away mage shields are crap anyway.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Over the course of Storm Legion there's been a domino-effect realignment of the ranged-vs-melee paradigm. Before SL and early in SL, Pyro turret specs completely destroyed people if left alone. This situation where melee is superior to everyone is a relatively new and novel thing. What caused it? A series of buffs to many melee souls that widely distributed anti-ranged-players abilities and talents.

Why did this happen? Because souls like Pyro, Marksman, Inquisitor, and Tempest were the only viable options for PvP: they're fully mobile, did just as much damage, and had 35m range, in addition to myriad utility. Melee stood no chance. All of the anti-caster things like 0pt pulls, Debilitating, Thick of Battle, etc. came to be because melee PvPers had a legitimate inability to compete with Pyros who were doing as much or more damage with absolutely no counter because everything is ****ing instant!

Any sort of reversion of this new paradigm has to happen incrementally, and in fact the first increment came in the form of Warlord nerfs. These Pyro changes are going out with 2.8. 2.8 is the last major patch before 3.0. Daglar has already confirmed that there is going to be a general large-scale redesign of many or all souls in the same vein as Pyro and Stormcaller with 3.0: fewer abilities, more streamlined and intuitive gameplay. People are looking at Pyro in a vacuum, ignoring that there are large-scale overhauls heading in Warriors' and Rogues' directions, too.
    but why mages have to be the first to receive a massive amount of nerfs in pvp? you should be happy now since your main is not a mage.

Telaran

Default Do you even know who this guy is ?

Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    but why mages have to be the first to receive a massive amount of nerfs in pvp? you should be happy now since your main is not a mage.
    I personally do not know him, but have been in WFs with him for over 2 1/2 years and he has always been a mage. I do not always agree with his posts but have to give him credit for being loyal to his MAIN which is a Mage .

Ascendant

I am the Rogue main, Ianto is the Mage main.
    Let alone that actually, mage's received an overall buff.
    Look, I understand this is all distressing, but why not just sit back, let the changes happen and then make new specs after.

If you combine it with the new stormcaller, you'll find its quite hardy.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Fysts View Post
    I personally do not know him, but have been in WFs with him for over 2 1/2 years and he has always been a mage. I do not always agree with his posts but have to give him credit for being loyal to his MAIN which is a Mage .
    I agree i dont respect those who switch callings based on fotm.

Aw shucks. I'm blushing.

you should respect others opinion maybe you don't know what means freedom

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast