+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Mage future PvP direction

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Pyro will still destroy in PUG Warfronts like it currently does. .
    Pyro should be viable when people are playing well.
    =\

I am not sure reducing the mobility of Pyro will help, especially when they don't have many PvP specs outside of Dom, Pyro, and the occasional Necro/dom.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

Quote Originally Posted by Kiika View Post
    Is it the 2 second cast time only that mages dont like about the new pyro?? I havent seen any other complaints about it.
    It also lost burn, fire shield, burning shield, backdraft and fiery resolve. All pvp stuff.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

pyro is money right now, i blow people up with it at rank 83 with crap gear.

the changes are not needed, pyro is almost perfect, good mobility(still have to cast which is balanced), good cc, played poorly you die. so many times i'm pissed because i made a mistake and it costs me.

the one thing i would change about it is make heat wave on a 1 min cd and give it something to help with purges since a good healer can legit negate through damage just by spamming purges, other than that i think its the best range soul right now.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    It also lost burn, fire shield, burning shield, backdraft and fiery resolve. All pvp stuff.
    What in the world..backdraft is pretty dam important

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kiika View Post
    What in the world..backdraft is pretty dam important
    The interrupt and the stun were merged into the one ability too. The way it works is that the player stunned by the interrupt cannot be stunned again by the ability for 45 seconds.

Absolutely terrible.

It seems the way Rift is going, burst is more important than CC. These guys have no clue.
    Last edited by Tookmyjob; 07-03-2014 at 05:21 AM.

Think they had to draw straws for what devs had to work on and mage was the short one. They all wanted rogue....
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

I just really wish they would pop in here and give us a better idea of what they have in mind for mage pvp moving forward. How are we supposed to give correct input/feedback at this stage without it? Im not against changing stuff, but when your changing all this stuff without an explanation of where your going with it how are we supposed to not flip out? Right now it appears that we are being screwed over in a major way. What little defense and utility we have is being gutted. It appears they are only concerned with the pve side of the souls.

Ive been playing mage for quite some time now and it just seems we keep getting put into a worse position with pvp every single time they change something.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    I just really wish they would pop in here and give us a better idea of what they have in mind for mage pvp moving forward. How are we supposed to give correct input/feedback at this stage without it? Im not against changing stuff, but when your changing all this stuff without an explanation of where your going with it how are we supposed to not flip out? Right now it appears that we are being screwed over in a major way. What little defense and utility we have is being gutted. It appears they are only concerned with the pve side of the souls.

Ive been playing mage for quite some time now and it just seems we keep getting put into a worse position with pvp every single time they change something.
    Exactly the issue; couldn't have said it better myself. We need to know the destination so that we can suffer the journey.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    Think they had to draw straws for what devs had to work on and mage was the short one. They all wanted rogue....
    Been around since 2011, and you're still saying ignorant things.

Plane Walker

So, Trion is going to molest the ugly redheaded stepchild mage again while caressing their lovechild rogue?

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog View Post
    So, Trion is going to molest the ugly redheaded stepchild mage again while caressing their lovechild rogue?
    Of course they are, as if the ten rogues per warfront was not enough.

Give it five months and I guarandamntee that warfronts will be 95% rogues, the rest will be the bitter leftovers.

Ascendant

I like how everyone blames Rogues, but will later say it about Warriors, then Clerics, but never Mage's because that is what they are playing.

Go back a few months and you'll have everyone throwing rocks at Mage's for having Harbinger and saying Warriors/Rogues/Clerics are the red headed stepchild.

Just seems convenient.

You are not wrong; everyone gets blamed.

But one thing is for certain, Trion needs to look after PvP mages and stop casting them aside as if they were lepers.
    Last edited by ConclusionTheFirst; 07-03-2014 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Been around since 2011, and you're still saying ignorant things.
    Just as important as the post you just made.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by ConclusionTheFirst View Post
    Exactly the issue; couldn't have said it better myself. We need to know the destination so that we can suffer the journey.
    Over the course of Storm Legion there's been a domino-effect realignment of the ranged-vs-melee paradigm. Before SL and early in SL, Pyro turret specs completely destroyed people if left alone. This situation where melee is superior to everyone is a relatively new and novel thing. What caused it? A series of buffs to many melee souls that widely distributed anti-ranged-players abilities and talents.

Why did this happen? Because souls like Pyro, Marksman, Inquisitor, and Tempest were the only viable options for PvP: they're fully mobile, did just as much damage, and had 35m range, in addition to myriad utility. Melee stood no chance. All of the anti-caster things like 0pt pulls, Debilitating, Thick of Battle, etc. came to be because melee PvPers had a legitimate inability to compete with Pyros who were doing as much or more damage with absolutely no counter because everything is ****ing instant!

Any sort of reversion of this new paradigm has to happen incrementally, and in fact the first increment came in the form of Warlord nerfs. These Pyro changes are going out with 2.8. 2.8 is the last major patch before 3.0. Daglar has already confirmed that there is going to be a general large-scale redesign of many or all souls in the same vein as Pyro and Stormcaller with 3.0: fewer abilities, more streamlined and intuitive gameplay. People are looking at Pyro in a vacuum, ignoring that there are large-scale overhauls heading in Warriors' and Rogues' directions, too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast