+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Any ideas to help pvp improve?

Default Any ideas to help pvp improve?

Hello everyone. This thread is made to see what we can do to improve pvp. Any ideas are welcome to be said here. <3
    Last edited by Xgame; 07-02-2014 at 06:52 AM.

Delete cq, put a pvp specific zone on all pve servers that is guild vs guild. Delete seastone. Make this new zone have tons of keeps and pvp specific quests, you enter you are free game to be killed.

You can even use and old world zone like ember isle

Get open world pvp back , with PvP specific Zone Events

As for PvP flag issue its an easy Fix .. make new Flag called "Peacefull" where no one can attack you even the opposite faction , so whoever dont wanna pvp can have that flag

and to not allow ppl exploit this Flag make it with Cool down .

as for PvP Zone event im sure there are lots lots of great ideas and the good part is it can happen any level 60 map (better than sticking with Stilmoor ans SOE )

Let me know what you think !
    I keel Em Too Fast !

Can they fix mount speeds ! Some of these people haul *** on their mounts and I even have the chaps on.

Quote Originally Posted by Xgame View Post
    Hello everyone. This thread is made to see what we can do to improve pvp. Any ideas are welcome to be said here. <3

Remove Slip Away from the game.

****ING BALANCE IT!

Or at the very least give us Arenas, real arenas, not tournaments every once in a while. As a PvPer I should not hate warfronts and question my sanity every time I login.

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    Remove Slip Away from the game.
    Don't think it is actually needed, anymore.... if it is the rogue probably forgot to turn on their monitior.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

"PvP is fine"
    -Trion 2014

Rethink the way random warfront queues are handled.

Not gimping people to play alot would be a start...

Quote Originally Posted by dongaconda View Post
    Can they fix mount speeds ! Some of these people haul *** on their mounts and I even have the chaps on.
    Nerfing mount speeds would wreck my KDR. No thanks!

I quite new in PVP but among the worst imbalances Iv seen so far in WF is healers vs no healers.

A couple of days ago we had a physisian and a cleric healer in 1 team and the other team had no healer. Physisian healed for about 77K and the cleric 54K..... The team with healers was of course invincible and it was just a waste of time for the other team. I just wish i had saved a screenshot... Similar has happened several times.

So my question is, why not play without healers? Is that a totally crazy idea? Wouldnt that possibly lessen some of the worst imbalances? *dont hate me*
    Last edited by Xannziee; 07-02-2014 at 08:54 PM.

To genuinely improve the quality of pvp, would be to improve the current situation in the remaining pvp server(s). A good course of action would be to disable instanced encounters in both pvp/pve. Pretty much having everything instanced kills off open world pvp, which many players who have interest in pvp want. Of course, there should also be better rewards to cater the risk involved, and to do something about slip away (a broken ability esp.in ow). In contrast, precautions need to be taken seriously, ie. possibly a skill which gives an invulnerability cool-down you can use to avoid being continuously ganked, or a maximum level difference allowing combat.

For my last suggestion, it may be better if there were better rewards, or a higher chance to get better rewards; to let people actually endorse in both pve and pvp in the game, instead of using something similar to the grotesque conquest ploy.
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

Half the time it's the players themselves ruining pvp. Like a certain Full relic myrm premade queueing at 3am server time in the morning every morning to stomp pugs. Only reason to be queueing the times they queue is because they are scared to fight other premades. Half the time the WF doesn't even reach max numbers that's how many are even queueing when these guys are basically overkill premaking. And no it's not to do weeklies, the main culprit is high on the wins for the week, every week. Seems like an epeen thing.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by dongaconda View Post
    That is because some talents in the soul trees increase mount speed which I am sure it isn't suppose to be intended.
    Last edited by Planetx; 07-02-2014 at 11:09 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by deathstormer View Post
    Half the time it's the players themselves ruining pvp. Like a certain Full relic myrm premade queueing at 3am server time in the morning every morning to stomp pugs. Only reason to be queueing the times they queue is because they are scared to fight other premades. Half the time the WF doesn't even reach max numbers that's how many are even queueing when these guys are basically overkill premaking. And no it's not to do weeklies, the main culprit is high on the wins for the week, every week. Seems like an epeen thing.
    Probably the #1 thing that is wrong with RIft pvp. Once they find a way to stop giving premades so much advantage is when they will actually stop losing potential gamers. Trion needs to figure out the meaning of playing together. Is it us playing with 100s of other players randomly or is it friends playing with 4-20 others which is more important. And to be honest why not support both?

If premades win 100% of the time at that time and pugs lose 100% at that time it is terrible experience for most of the population. There has to be a way to make it so pms lose more often even if it is 20% more often. Either dial back the amount of people you can queue with. Remove premades or limit them severely when player pools are small. Or they can actually make games that make premades suffer for queueing into them.. Such as 5 v 5 v 5 v 5 games. or 10 v 10 v 10 games. Doing this will make their win percentages drop drastically which is how you make pvp balanced on a technical level...
    Last edited by Planetx; 07-02-2014 at 11:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast