+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 120
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Any ideas to help pvp improve?

  1. #61
    Ascendant Wing man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    Idea to increase PvE participation:

    A 1% chance to find 1 REX, and 99% chance to find a REX Shard in your daily pve reward chest. Create NPC that will take 1000 shards and grant the player 1 REX.
    That will work too. ^

  2. #62
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    391

    Default

    **** me, getting confused now...all the eso fannies admitted failure, are the wildstar fanboi's just hopping on the WoW train now instead? C'mon, put some effort into it at least.

  3. #63
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hikos View Post
    Since when do you need an mmo mouse and keyboard to play without macros?
    It's a lot easier to play (read, less skill required) when you can access more abilities via bonus mouse buttons instead of using your keyboard like a piano.

    For casual players it will be nearly impossible to play with most of the specs. Look how many bad dps players Rift have now, without macros they will do half of what they can do today.

    Good luck focusing down healers in random Warfront with dpsers who do 200 on average and dont use any kind of cc because it requires using more than 3 keys.

  4. #64
    Rift Chaser Pocketzoar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    311

    Default

    1. Role balance
    2. Include objectives sucsesfully captured in match making
    3. Shorten the length of time it takes to get max rank.
    4. Encourage open world pvp.
    5.open up the maps a bit, spread players out. Remove any obstacles and objectives that encourage a zerg.
    6. Reward CQ power for the people who actually play it. Make the benafits for CQ only.
    7.make relic weapons an interesting journey (epic quest line kind of like the battered hilt in wow wotlk)

    8 create a cool reward that is obtainable by people who truly play the game to its max potential. Not obtainable by everyone.

    For example take the top 50 players with the highest avg of exeptional wf performance (solo queing included in the avg for +pts) and give them that reward. A cool name plate or something.



    Just a few ideas.
    Undeadwarrior & Zoarbot @Deepwood.
    Believe it or not Rift has an unofficial Facebook PvP alliance group .~All are welcome~

  5. #65
    Shadowlander Jack Blade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    Delete seastone.
    Noooooooooo
    Wildstar of Seastone - Miss America - Fitness model - Instagram Queen
    Retired 2014.. Dipping the toes back in August 2015; September 2016
    <The Cult>

  6. #66
    Ascendant dday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Blade View Post
    Noooooooooo
    Haha sadly I moved back there. Might have to find you in the open world like back in the day. Assuming you are wild star that was in fallen sons.

  7. #67
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Have been bouncing around because I haven't found anything that holds my interest for more than an hour at a time. There are so many options right now, but apparently I am too stuck in the past, jaded, cynical or a combination of some or all of those to be happy with gaming nowadays.

    Players talk about wearing rose tinted glasses all the time, but I would trade almost anything for my 1997-2004 gaming experience again.
    1997-2004
    DaoC style World vrs world vrs World pvp?
    those were the days
    Lets do a zone where there is no Cq timer qq
    lets use that same zone to have castles or forts that affect the non pvp game also when a faction takes it.
    that same world has no timer but is level limited 20 to 30 31 to 40 41 to 50 51 to 59.
    quests that give gear that is useful or tradeable for pvp
    allow premades or solos and give xp/pa for quests
    Last edited by DonGoat; 07-07-2014 at 09:53 PM.

  8. #68
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    • Make a real DR system, or revert to the pre-SL DR system.
    • Get rid of Crit Power PvP gear.
    • Remove all AOE CC from DPS souls.
    • Make a pass on all relevant abilities to normalise what is cleansable and purgeable across callings.
    • Shorten the prestige grind.
    • Raise the bolstering floor and lower the gear ceiling relative to one another.
    • Create in-game tutorials for Warfronts and general PvP concepts, as well as PvP-specific soul presets.
    • Make progression choices parallel rather than bottlenecked, i.e., make Warfronts and CQ offer comparable rewards for comparable time commitment.
    • Increase the acquisition rate of DICs.
    • Create alternate paths to obtaining BIS PvP runes other than RNG boxes.
    • Create a reward/progression system that is not gear-based for max rank players.

  9. #69
    Plane Walker deathstormer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hikos View Post
    Is this sarcasm?

    Or are you being serious?

    I can't even tell.
    how is it sarcasm? Outside of some peoples little bubbles there is other classes or soul builds with way more abilities. For some of the mage classes there is 20 abilities to use to play it well. Macroing allows you to double up similar spells on long CD's. Any mage will say the same thing. If you didn't macro you would have to play whack a mole with 20 abilities then buffs ontop of that and consumables and break free's. All my mage bars are totally full and a lot of it is macros. Just @gtae is a must for most mages.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

  10. #70
    Ascendant Lords0fpain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Numb69 View Post
    Any ideas to help pvp improve?

    Get rid of 90% of the AOEs in this game would be a good start.
    But then, how would looting of the chest be denied?
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

    ~Daglar

  11. #71
    Prophet of Telara Morwath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    But then, how would looting of the chest be denied?
    Why would anyone care about balancing game around CQ?

  12. #72
    Ascendant Lords0fpain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    Why would anyone care about balancing game around CQ?
    That was the point...
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

    ~Daglar

  13. #73
    Prophet of Telara Morwath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    That was the point...
    Sorry, forgot to take my irony detector.

  14. #74
    Champion of Telara Hikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deathstormer View Post
    how is it sarcasm? Outside of some peoples little bubbles there is other classes or soul builds with way more abilities. For some of the mage classes there is 20 abilities to use to play it well. Macroing allows you to double up similar spells on long CD's. Any mage will say the same thing. If you didn't macro you would have to play whack a mole with 20 abilities then buffs ontop of that and consumables and break free's. All my mage bars are totally full and a lot of it is macros. Just @gtae is a must for most mages.
    There is no way you filled up all of rifts available 8 bars.

    And oh god imagine having to have 20 keybinds. The horror.

  15. #75
    Plane Walker deathstormer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hikos View Post
    There is no way you filled up all of rifts available 8 bars.

    And oh god imagine having to have 20 keybinds. The horror.
    so you are saying that a mage which is the most unloved class in the game should have to whack a mole 20 abilties while a warlord only has to use maybe 10..... k seems like the way to balance it.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts