+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Any ideas to help pvp improve?

Shadowlander

Default To Fix World PvP

1 eliminate lowbie ganking. apply wf groupings to open world (real lvl not mentored)
    2 eliminate spawn camping, once ganked can opt out of pvp for period of time, disallows attacking or being attacked new flag setting

As it stands much of world pvp is no more than ganking lowbies and then spawn camping them. it's not pvp its bullying.

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    How to improve PvP in Rift (no trolling):

1) Remove all macros. Daglar should go play WoW and just copy their macro system (no /cast macros at all).

2) Get rid of CQ chests for gear.

3) Implement arenas with a rating system and ladder.

4) Make the gear grind short.

Don't want to do this? Then Rift PvP will always be fail and no serious player will ever give it a second look.
    WoW also has most classes with 6-8 button rotations. Seriously some classes you'd have to be whack a mole expert to play it well without macros. Chloro is one i would never be able to play without macros. Most macros are used for space saving and ease of use rather than just putting everything into one button. Some classes have a good 20 abilities needed to play it well.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by deathstormer View Post
    WoW also has most classes with 6-8 button rotations. Seriously some classes you'd have to be whack a mole expert to play it well without macros. Chloro is one i would never be able to play without macros. Most macros are used for space saving and ease of use rather than just putting everything into one button. Some classes have a good 20 abilities needed to play it well.
    They are reducing the number of abilities that each soul has.

Also, macros are a part of what makes Rift bad. Rift would be much better without them.

Removing macros would be just big nerf to Warriors PVP DPS due to all OGCD reactives...

Rift Chaser

How to improve PvP in Rift (no trolling):

1) Remove all macros. Daglar should go play WoW and just copy their macro system (no /cast macros at all).
    But some classes really need Macros! There are tons of useful spells to use, so, it were to remove macro, pls reduce the number of spells too!

2) Get rid of CQ chests for gear.
    It's fine with me. CQ shouldn't be a compulsory for getting gears.

3) Implement arenas with a rating system and ladder.
    NO THANKS. What about those solo players? And also it will make players grind more. No more grinding pls.

4) Make the gear grind short.
    GREAT! But Glyph/Trion will have problem with revenue flowing into their pockets. Making players stay longer is part of MMO genes.

Quote Originally Posted by polarshift View Post

GREAT! But Glyph/Trion will have problem with revenue flowing into their pockets. Making players stay longer is part of MMO genes.
    I would prefer to 'grind' fluff than +stats.
    Now I can't really know, if Im good player, or Im just overgearing so called content aka Warfronts.

At the moment, prestige ranks are relatively easy to gain through conquest, and even quicker if you know when to play. If you use vials and play while you are in a premade, or the strongest faction, you will make that road to grind bis a helluva lot easier.

Currently, I find the current way to gate gear which is prestige is a major farce. For example, you can gain all the possible currency, including myrmidon marks and warlord marks required through lock boxes. If that wasn't easy enough, you can buy everything from the T2 (warlord equips/cells) at the rift store and bis pvp boxes, so that even a bewildered player could spend it up. You can get everything except conquest marks and favor ... the irony. To get bis gear all you really need to do is open enough depleted crates, a bit of conquest and vials. Gear is as I would say not gated at all at the moment. The perfect words to describe this ludicrous situation is the "game is to easy" and "P2W". All in all, by making this game to easy, is very detrimental for the community, as seen regularly through these message boards.

I'm sure that most of you know, it is wishful thinking to believe Trion will take drastic measures, such as deleting prestige marks, or shortening grinds in order to try to meet the expectations of the community.

I would like to point out, in doing such measures, consequently, deduct a large portion of their revenue made from pvp. The easy or simple restrictions, for getting bis gear, is solely a ploy to get more players to spend more money. As mentioned many times, many people who played the game for a while realize that pvp is too easy. Consider this fact: there is no incentive in doing small scale pvp, and virtually all the incentive is to do the large scale; as a matter of fact, doing this requires little to no individual skill.

The solution to make the current situation a lot better is simple, but will it happen? Truthfully I don't have much expectation. 3.0 is a chance for Trion to redeem themselves by changing the way they do things for pvp. The first step is to genuinely improve pvp is invest in it, which seems like the hardest step to take. Not to mention, have an ethical proclamation about not putting P2W content that requires little skill ever again. Of course there are some concerns that should be mentioned. Is it worth investing in Rift and in particularly in the pvp aspect? The game may be ending its shelf life sooner than later, considering many of the communities’ doubtful thoughts; combine that fact of its past reputation. The game was never the wow killer people in vanilla hyped and proclaimed it to be.

Thus, the devs have two options for their approach for the near future:
    Focus on making solely content to squeeze as much from the remaining player base or genuinely do whatever by finally listening to the majority of the community and in this case the pvp community, then thinking solely about how to make easy revenue.

Things are not as bad as I currently said them out to be, undoubtedly there is the promising pve content in the game (at least compared to pvp). I would like to emphasize that the devs thought It was ok to cross the line so explicitly for pvp, because many people that play pvp play mainly do so for the pve. You could also include the remaining who play pvp considerably are very loyal and may even like it. No surprise that many of the dedicated pvpers left long ago. The train of thought by those in charge and exploits since the game went f2p is a dangerous one. Not making the push about the much debated competitive content “arenas” or even making an innovative compromise that required significant skill was a huge mistake on Trions part. Probably the implementation of putting bis gear in boxes, in pvp was an experiment for the feedback of the community. It was a win-win situation; if they succeeded they could have made massive amounts of money for an easy pathway in pve. Naturally exploiting loyal cash cows is a fool proof way for a game without many players to prosper.
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

Quote Originally Posted by deathstormer View Post
    Is this sarcasm?

Or are you being serious?

I can't even tell.

Quote Originally Posted by polarshift View Post
    But some classes really need Macros! There are tons of useful spells to use, so, it were to remove macro, pls reduce the number of spells too!

NO THANKS. What about those solo players? And also it will make players grind more. No more grinding pls.
    Ladies and gentlemen - the typical rift player.

I forgot to write a title for my previous post. If I could edit have edited my last post it would be ' current state of pvp'. The main premise behind my previous post was for action 'to do whatever they can' based about on the suggestions in this thread.

I'm pretty sure a good place for the devs to start is to start listening to people, especially to those that have been playing for the longest and stayed loyal for a long period of time. Thinking logically I know listening is not enough if there is no plan for serious action to be taken, after-all "actions speak louder than words". I would like to hope that there will be information posted about the upcoming updates for pvp in 3.0 will happen soon. The blank jokes that happened in the previous threads were funny alright
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

Prophet of Telara

Removing macros would affect mostly casual players, those who take gaming more seriously to practice various rotation with MMO mouse and keyboard wouldnt notice as much difference. Basically, it would lead to higher gap between casuals and hardcore players.

Getting rid of Port Scion would improve PvP a lot. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    Removing macros would affect mostly casual players, those who take gaming more seriously to practice various rotation with MMO mouse and keyboard wouldnt notice as much difference. Basically, it would lead to higher gap between casuals and hardcore players.

Getting rid of Port Scion would improve PvP a lot. ;)
    Since when do you need an mmo mouse and keyboard to play without macros?

All the terrible players want to remove macros to make themselves even more terrible, more news at 11.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Soulwalker

Any ideas to help pvp improve?

Get rid of 90% of the AOEs in this game would be a good start.
    Last edited by Numb69; 07-06-2014 at 07:23 AM.

Idea to increase PvP participation:

A 1% chance to find 1 REX, and 99% chance to find a REX Shard in your daily pvp reward chest. Create NPC that will take 1000 shards and grant the player 1 REX.
    Last edited by Wing man; 07-06-2014 at 08:27 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast