+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Any ideas to help pvp improve?

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    same here, eso was such a let down and rift is like a constant let down. sadly i still hold hope in this game because to me the soul system is awesome
    If I could put the Rift classes in other games I would be a happy camper.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Persaylot View Post
    I am very new to the game, so please don't destroy me for expressing my thoughts as a new player............ I also don't have a group to play with, and often farm solo..............

One thing that I have noticed, is that warriors that use melee attacks are at a disadvantage. A rogue, for example, can approach me without my knowledge (stealth), stun me, attack me from behind, and by the time I hit the Break Free and turn around to engage, I have suffered lots of damage and well on my way to losing the fight. This would be fine if a melee warrior from this point on could do more damage than the rogue, essentially hit the rogue with some big hits to even out the fight, but this is not the case. Rogues seem to be able to hit just as hard as a melee warrior (in simple DPS spec) and take just as much damage as a melee warrior. So, if all things are even interms of damage dealt and damage taken, allowing rogues the extra advantage of stun, stealth, and back attacks is a major missmatch; and if things do start to go bad for the rogue, they can slip away without the melee warrior being able to do anything about it...........

Simply, the melee warrior needs a little love........... As I see it, the melee warrior already has a big disadvantage of having to close in on its target, often suffering the damage of ranged attacks, before being able to fight. Because of this disadvantage, once the melee warrior closes on its target, it should have the advantage of being able to take the damage and deliver more damage than any other spec; this is what being a melee warrior is all about, being able to deliver the big hit once I get to you. Keeping all things even in terms of damage taken and damage delivered between all character classes (specs) is rather disingenuous for the melee warriors.............

Simply, I should not have to be in a tank spec (which I really do not like, and I'm no good as a tank) to play PvP as a melee warrior. Give the melee warriors a damage boost, and/or the ability to take more damage over those who range attack and especially the rogues.................

(I normally play a level 60, prestige 90, Dwarf DPS with decent gear yet still only have about 25,000 health, 38,000 armor, and can get destroyed by a similar ranked rogue)
    What spec are you playing?

When my Warrior was a fresh 60 i had around 24-25K Hp in 61 Para and 32-33k in 61 WL without a feast and other endurance buffs.

That was 2 months ago.

I now have 37K in 61WL, 27-28K in 61Para and 29-31K in Paralord

From my own experience i never felt i was at a disadvantage as a melee Warrior in a WF.

Closing the gap against Ranged classes is very easy in Rift PvP.

You dying 1v1 to a rogue doesn't mean warriors need a buff again.

Im not trying to be mean but 25K hp as a P90 Warrior Dps doesn't seem right to me.

P90 Pyro Mages have more HP than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xgame View Post
    Hello everyone. This thread is made to see what we can do to improve pvp. Any ideas are welcome to be said here. <3
    Yes, learn to use proper keybinds and macros.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Rift Chaser

Idk, ask the eso/wildstar fanboys how its all going, i'm sure you'll get idea ideas there.

#1 gaymes NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Motoboat View Post
    Idk, ask the eso/wildstar fanboys how its all going, i'm sure you'll get idea ideas there.

#1 gaymes NA!
    Its free to access the Wild-star forums, from what I gather, they're having the same problems WoW has because they copy pasted WoW's arena system into their game, plus their classes are still young and under developed, and more than half of em are extremely broken right out the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by ConclusionTheFirst View Post
    Neverwinter isnt bad for anyone looking for alternatives while Trion sorts out this mess.
    Trion has been sorting out this mess since release. I just came back after being gone a year to see if anything has changed.....NOPE. Same old #$%^, the most unbalanced heaping pile of pvp dung in existence.

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    No they didn't. Wildstar arenas are broken precisely *because* they didn't copy WoW enough. Which is funny considering that Carbine has like 15 vanilla WoW developers on staff.

Carbine's biggest mistake was starting the arena season from day one. All the beta testers who had played the game 6 months leveled to 50 the first day and then fought each other (like they had for months) until they all reached 1800. Once you're 1800, you get the top set of PvP gear and you will absolutely crush just about anyone without it (it's about like full Myrm relic geared people in Rift fighting a guy who just now got partial freelancer).

So to make matters worse, these people at 1800+ got bored and began tanking their rating on purpose just so they could get "faster queues." And once they began tanking their rating (with their top gear), they would go fight 1200's and just crush them. This made a lot of fresh 50's mad and there are tons of posts like "Fix your damn match-making system, Carbine." A lot of people made their "I quit" posts over it.

Right now, WS arena is a mess. People tanking rating and making life miserable for newbs who have no chance. Guilds carrying their terrible guildmates to 1800 for the gear (the weapon is BiS for raiding -- lol). PvP gear is broken (the weapons are good, but PvE crafted gear is better in most slots). People spamming /trade chat with "I will carry you to 1800 for plat." etc.. Right now it means absolutely nothing to be 1800 -- half the game has it and most of them were carried by people who were already 1800 (and tanked) in order to boost them faster.

Carbine has their work cut out for them. They already admitted publicly that starting the season on day one was a mistake. They need to just copy WoW and make gear gated by time invested instead of rating, tbh. Yes WoW used to have the rating for gear system but changed it within the past year or so and likely did so for this reason.

Oh, and another issue that makes the gear so messed up is that once you're 1800 you can buy all your gear (the whole set) the first day since it costs such little prestige. So people were fully geared and bored after a week.

But with all that said, Wildstar's broken arenas are still a million times more fun than Rift's circle-jerk of bads.
    You just described WoW's arena system perfectly, apparently you didn't play World of Warcraft much, or you would know, its pretty much the same affair. Don't sit there and think the arena system is the only thing broken in WS, their callings are borked too in a big way, its going to take them years to figure that out.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by SpongyCookie View Post
    What spec are you playing?

When my Warrior was a fresh 60 i had around 24-25K Hp in 61 Para and 32-33k in 61 WL without a feast and other endurance buffs.

That was 2 months ago.

I now have 37K in 61WL, 27-28K in 61Para and 29-31K in Paralord

From my own experience i never felt i was at a disadvantage as a melee Warrior in a WF.

Closing the gap against Ranged classes is very easy in Rift PvP.

You dying 1v1 to a rogue doesn't mean warriors need a buff again.

Im not trying to be mean but 25K hp as a P90 Warrior Dps doesn't seem right to me.

P90 Pyro Mages have more HP than that.
    No idea what I'm doing wrong???? Like I said, I'm new............... I have Paragon with 15 points, Champion with 61 points, and Riftblade with 0 points

No idea what I'm doing wrong???? Like I said, I'm new............... I have Paragon with 15 points, Champion with 61 points, and Riftblade with 0 points
    Having points in Champion, thats what you're doing wrong.

The balancing is bad. There's no synergy between souls.

This game is made for pvp 1 on 1 and what most of you don't realize is it's not even a gear issue. It's the troll spec vs all the rest of you.

There is no added bonus to being a "glass cannon" type class. When there are other classes out there that do just as much dps if not more and retain all of the defensive bonus.

This leads to less cooperation and a mash of random dps vs random healer.

HEALS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM... seriously this is the only freaken game where I seen people going crazy about the healing.

The problem is people don't want to play pure high dps classes because they will get smashed in 2 seconds by a unhealed high dps warrior.

So they try these weird survival-ish type specs that mitigate their damage to crap and meanwhile heals reign supreme.

I said it before i'll say it again:

Trion
    Fix your guard / revive your tank pvp souls.
    Fix your high dps / high survivability trade offs.

This will solve a lot of your issues.

More people will want to roll glass cannons when they see the actual benefit. They will be able to burn healers faster as a result and if you have a good tank he/she can guard the said healer or dps.

I haven't read all of your posts yet, so sorry if you covered it, but do you have the Tempest soul by chance? I play my Warrior melee as well but adding a couple of points in Tempest can really help with the disconnects.
    Last edited by Baramos; 07-04-2014 at 01:03 PM.

As Baramos said, tempest will help for disconnects and the soul is used in almost all warrior pvp builds. Champion is pretty unviable for pvp and squishy. If you still intend to still play champion I would suggest you put these15 points into warlord for the defensive posture,snare,backhand and a bit more survivability. It is important to make good key binds as Gunzip said, to make use of all the tools your soul has.

To maximize survivability when playing champion you have to make good use of battlefield intimidation, which roots your target and fears others around it for 6 seconds until attacked, and inescapable which resets the cd your charges such as thunderous leap and blitz and increases their range by 10m. When surrounded by enemies (which you would want anyway), I would recommend using the mark of exclusion as they would most likely want to target you. Furthermore, champion is an ae spec and I don't think people would stay still and not destroy you in melee range when your trying to ae them their rotation is pretty standard. I would like to emphasize disconnects from melee hurt the spec more then anything since it works by utilizing standard rotations and buffs to maximize damage. What's more is some buffs linked to survivability can be purged off including juggernaut bearing and shared suffering. Due to all these reasons I mentioned, combined with the fact of the little utility champion has; it is very hard to play the spec in pvp and will get destroyed by anyone that is half decent.

Strengths
    A Championís legendary strength (why is berserk only at 25% and needs to be charged up in combat?) allows them to move with startling speed, closing with opponents to wreak destruction with their two-handed weapons. (Where is the run speed buff @ 200%? my ae root?)
    Weaknesses
    Quick to answer the call to arms, Champions often rush into battle with reckless abandon (sure death is your best friend), and can find themselves vulnerable to sneak attacks (1v1 = run away for sure) and well-organized assaults from multiple adversaries (champion only excels at 10v1 combat WTF! and only has 1 break free and is squishy as).

Interpretation: Champion is only viable to ae 20k pvers that have no clue what they are doing.

Source: http://telarapedia.gamepedia.com/Champion

So as the others have said, the easiest most efficient spec (laughed as the 2 button spec) would be 61 warlord (more like you need to have at least 10 key binds but anyway). Paragon is good, but I wouldn't recommend it for new players as it is a lot less forgiving and requires yourself to manage your cd's a lot more carefully. Warlord performs far better in warfronts anyway and has nearly all the tools you would want as melee. If you want even more survivability there is also a warlord and paladin hybrid. Otherwise, the other fairly viable option is going deep into tempest which might not be so bad, especially if you have meat shields in your team. Consequently, I believe the best solution is to re-roll rogue.

With all that said there really needs to be a better system in-game for new players to learn the skills much needed in pvp. Most of the tutorials in the beginning of the game are for pve! and in fact the level 60 progression,matchmaking, and endgame is a joke that many players don't look for a serious way to improve (where otherwise there is much material over the net to do so).
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

Quote Originally Posted by SpellwarriorX View Post
    As Baramos said, tempest will help for disconnects and the soul is used in almost all warrior pvp builds. Champion is pretty unviable for pvp and squishy. If you still intend to still play champion I would suggest you put these15 points into warlord for the defensive posture,snare,backhand and a bit more survivability. It is important to make good key binds as Gunzip said, to make use of all the tools your soul has.

To maximize survivability when playing champion you have to make good use of battlefield intimidation, which roots your target and fears others around it for 6 seconds until attacked, and inescapable which resets the cd your charges such as thunderous leap and blitz and increases their range by 10m. When surrounded by enemies (which you would want anyway), I would recommend using the mark of exclusion as they would most likely want to target you. Furthermore, champion is an ae spec and I don't think people would stay still and not destroy you in melee range when your trying to ae them their rotation is pretty standard. I would like to emphasize disconnects from melee hurt the spec more then anything since it works by utilizing standard rotations and buffs to maximize damage. What's more is some buffs linked to survivability can be purged off including juggernaut bearing and shared suffering. Due to all these reasons I mentioned, combined with the fact of the little utility champion has; it is very hard to play the spec in pvp and will get destroyed by anyone that is half decent.

Strengths
    A Championís legendary strength (why is berserk only at 25% and needs to be charged up in combat?) allows them to move with startling speed, closing with opponents to wreak destruction with their two-handed weapons. (Where is the run speed buff @ 200%? my ae root?)
    Weaknesses
    Quick to answer the call to arms, Champions often rush into battle with reckless abandon (sure death is your best friend), and can find themselves vulnerable to sneak attacks (1v1 = run away for sure) and well-organized assaults from multiple adversaries (champion only excels at 10v1 combat WTF! and only has 1 break free and is squishy as).

Interpretation: Champion is only viable to ae 20k pvers that have no clue what they are doing.

Source: http://telarapedia.gamepedia.com/Champion

So as the others have said, the easiest most efficient spec (laughed as the 2 button spec) would be 61 warlord (more like you need to have at least 10 key binds but anyway). Paragon is good, but I wouldn't recommend it for new players as it is a lot less forgiving and requires yourself to manage your cd's a lot more carefully. Warlord performs far better in warfronts anyway and has nearly all the tools you would want as melee. If you want even more survivability there is also a warlord and paladin hybrid. Otherwise, the other fairly viable option is going deep into tempest which might not be so bad, especially if you have meat shields in your team. Consequently, I believe the best solution is to re-roll rogue.

With all that said there really needs to be a better system in-game for new players to learn the skills much needed in pvp. Most of the tutorials in the beginning of the game are for pve! and in fact the level 60 progression,matchmaking, and endgame is a joke that many players don't look for a serious way to improve (where otherwise there is much material over the net to do so).
    Warlord most warriors will always fall back to because it is the best spec when you are the underdogs. I don't think it has anything to do with how easy it is to play TBH. It's a good tanky soul that does a lot of fluff ae damage and is harder(than most warrior spec) to kill. What it is missing tho is burst damage. Yes it has burst but it's a 1 mins CD which is funny most games when I warlord and it's a heal stalemate if the game went for 7 mins I will have 8 KB. That burst is still decent but unlike paragon you have to wait a full minute to do it. Paragons can burst every 15 secs with a shifting blades combo. In a perfectly matched, even game you should be paragon.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Prophet of Telara

Having the absorb trinket is like defiler having 2 uglies every 1 min. Sents having 3-4 ultra burst heals every minute with reset. It is stupid OP on a physicia and puri too.
    Last edited by Planetx; 07-05-2014 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    Having the absorb trinket is like defiler having 2 uglies every 1 min. Sents having 3-4 ultra burst heals every minute with reset. It is stupid OP on a physicia and puri too.
    yeah the absorb is a must use in pvp I have it on the mage and any spec i use I still slot the absorb trinket. really need it for my warrior =(
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast