+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Does anyone else ****ing hate housework?

Default Does anyone else ****ing hate housework?

Like the dusting, mopping, toilet scrubbing, glass cleaning **** of it all? If you are good at it or don't actively hate it, can you help the rest of us?
    If you have to ask...you don't need to know.

Plane Touched

Default Maid

Hire maid - be lazy.

-Pomp

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Flair View Post
    Like the dusting, mopping, toilet scrubbing, glass cleaning **** of it all? If you are good at it or don't actively hate it, can you help the rest of us?
    Change your perspective... picture yourself in a stalemate BG where nobody is dying and nobody can pick of the fang for 15 minutes. Spending that 15 min folding laundry wouldn't be a complete loss of part of your life.

or get kids... Ours are much happier when they have chores to do. ;) They're always smiling!

Rift Chaser

You must not have house work skillz, here some advice to be #1 house cleaner NA

bind your swifer dry/wet to your left and right feet-- this allows for quick reaction to messes on your hardwood flooring. Next, bind a lighter to your left pinky we'll call it LP, this allows you to light those scented candles as quickly as possible (they should be a few in the house). Bind the swifer duster (different than the regular swifer mind you) to your left wrist pledge on your right wrist, this allows for a wax on/off type motion without losing your positioning on the floor cleaning.

Once those are complete, quickly swap out your LW and RW to tilex and windex this allows you to tackle mirrors/bathrooms/windows. REMINDER: keep the swifers on your RF/LF so you can do the bathroom floors at the same time as well.

jump 360's still most skillful thing (even in house cleaning & rift).

GG

Quote Originally Posted by Motoboat View Post
    You must not have house work skillz, here some advice to be #1 house cleaner NA

bind your swifer dry/wet to your left and right feet-- this allows for quick reaction to messes on your hardwood flooring. Next, bind a lighter to your left pinky we'll call it LP, this allows you to light those scented candles as quickly as possible (they should be a few in the house). Bind the swifer duster (different than the regular swifer mind you) to your left wrist pledge on your right wrist, this allows for a wax on/off type motion without losing your positioning on the floor cleaning.

Once those are complete, quickly swap out your LW and RW to tilex and windex this allows you to tackle mirrors/bathrooms/windows. REMINDER: keep the swifers on your RF/LF so you can do the bathroom floors at the same time as well.

jump 360's still most skillful thing (even in house cleaning & rift).

GG
    I'm not sure why I didn't think of any of these helpful tips. It's like keybinds and mouse steering for your life.

The key to housework is a stereo that can fill the entire house with sound and music that won't stop. I'm still sporting my 8th grade graduation gift - a nifty 5.1 setup. Sick 6 disc changer . But hey! It lasts long enough to clean an entire house. I like a playlist with some relaxation but also some stuff to wake me up. I'm limited to what I have burned. But hmm, Maybe I'll kick start myself with a Metallica compilation. Chill it down a bit with my favorite progressive pink floyd songs (which is like a CD with 4 songs on it). Maybe some more solo gilmour work. Then kick back the heavier rock before I get too tired. Had a nice System of a Down and Offspring mix. Or sometimes I get into my hip hop mode and put on some classic CD's I bought back in the day. Nothing like cleaning the house to The Chronic followed by The Chronic 2001. Potential double meaning.

But I would go insane without music. Not sure it would be worth living .
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-03-2014 at 04:05 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Master

Yes. I used to sneak it in when on long flights in wow, now I just do things during deserter .

Agreed, cool and breezy, nice and easy.

With music.

Without music I turn into Kindergarten Cop before he bonded with the kids.

Ascendant
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmyzz View Post

or get kids... Ours are much happier when they have chores to do. ;) They're always smiling!
    Flair, if you think that is a good plan I think I know a way you can get some. Give me a call to discuss ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    Flair, if you think that is a good plan I think I know a way you can get some. Give me a call to discuss ;)
    Took, I'm sure you're cute (or a kidnapper), but kids are NO.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    The key to housework is a stereo that can fill the entire house with sound and music that won't stop. I'm still sporting my 8th grade graduation gift - a nifty 5.1 setup. Sick 6 disc changer . But hey! It lasts long enough to clean an entire house. I like a playlist with some relaxation but also some stuff to wake me up. I'm limited to what I have burned. But hmm, Maybe I'll kick start myself with a Metallica compilation. Chill it down a bit with my favorite progressive pink floyd songs (which is like a CD with 4 songs on it). Maybe some more solo gilmour work. Then kick back the heavier rock before I get too tired. Had a nice System of a Down and Offspring mix. Or sometimes I get into my hip hop mode and put on some classic CD's I bought back in the day. Nothing like cleaning the house to The Chronic followed by The Chronic 2001. Potential double meaning.

But I would go insane without music. Not sure it would be worth living .
    While Whiskey in a Jar was fun, I liked Metallica most in Master of Puppets era. Also, I'd prefer Red Hot Chili Peppers for energy. Floyd makes me sleepy. =)

The only housework I even somewhat enjoy is gardening actually. I guess I got it from my mother but we both have a green thumb and I find it to be a relaxing activity when the weather is nice. I just don't like to do it for more than a couple hours in a day at most because then it starts to become tedious. I happen to enjoy some other activities like playing video games a bit more than it so sometimes I let it get away from me accidentally. My dad has actually been talking about moving into an apartment above a shop in some town but she is not happy with the idea as maintaining a large garden is important to her and at best she would just be able to have some pots around the house then.

Quote Originally Posted by Turrant View Post
    The only housework I even somewhat enjoy is gardening actually. I guess I got it from my mother but we both have a green thumb and I find it to be a relaxing activity when the weather is nice. I just don't like to do it for more than a couple hours in a day at most because then it starts to become tedious. I happen to enjoy some other activities like playing video games a bit more than it so sometimes I let it get away from me accidentally. My dad has actually been talking about moving into an apartment above a shop in some town but she is not happy with the idea as maintaining a large garden is important to her and at best she would just be able to have some pots around the house then.
    I live in the Midwest, where weeds are NOTORIOUS. I am just curious where you live? Does that maybe make gardening more enjoyable?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast