They don't need a nerf. People just don't know how to play

They are fine, ignore the QQ, we r to weak

Im 100% srs, don't do this
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Huh? what you talking about Willis?
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Huh? what you talking about Willis?
    They r nerfing physician
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    They r nerfing physician
    So? that's why we have cleric healers and chloros, rogues don't need to heal anyway, I prefer to dps anywho.

Show PvP mages some love instead.

Don't care nothin bout no rogue!

I'll be quite upset if they nerf phys. because:

1. I paid for the new souls. specifically the phys. soul, as I will not ever use the new souls on my alts. I would never pay for a worthless pos soul. Don't make it worthless.

2. it's not OP... people have been given a breakdown on how shut one down. It can be done. Don't penalize a soul because the majority refuses to use the given strategy. Too many nerfs given for people who refuse to try.

3. I see bad and mediocre phys drop like flies in wf. Phys does not need nerfs.

The only thing I would actually agree on would be make their finishers have a cast time so that it can be interrupted. This only if you would give phys a CD for instant cast to make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    I'll be quite upset if they nerf phys. because:

1. I paid for the new souls. specifically the phys. soul, as I will not ever use the new souls on my alts. I would never pay for a worthless pos soul. Don't make it worthless.

2. it's not OP... people have been given a breakdown on how shut one down. It can be done. Don't penalize a soul because the majority refuses to use the given strategy. Too many nerfs given for people who refuse to try.

3. I see bad and mediocre phys drop like flies in wf. Phys does not need nerfs.

The only thing I would actually agree on would be make their finishers have a cast time so that it can be interrupted. This only if you would give phys a CD for instant cast to make up for it.
    I think the problem with all these phys defenses claiming people should just learn to play is that there is no reason for them too. As long as there is no reason too, why shouldn't rift be balanced to the lowest common dominator?

Why should a phys, and any momentum in the team they create with any amount of ease, be balanced around the idea that a team of coordinated players should be able to focus them or pressure them enough, if you'll probably never even see such a team?

Trion can't even turn nameplates for alll players on by default. Even then I bet players would just turn them off.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 07-01-2014 at 09:32 AM.

I think the devs just need to forget this thread was created and continue on as normal.

Ascendant

What are the nerfs, and why?

i.e. if the phys is getting nerfed it is most likely due to being superior in PVE. Unless of course there was a huge multitude of pvp players complaining. I wonder that?

Points: No one is currently complaining about any other healing soul, regardless of much time passing (this was the first defense of phys-wait until people get used to it/learn how to "deal" with it-lol as if we got a new ability to deal with things? Nope. i.e. its how you deal with the prior souls which is CC, so no different save its still harder to kill then all the other prior healing souls using the SAME method. Actually, the prior healing souls have more susceptible weaknesses so they are even more inferior since you have more avenues to take them out besides CC.

No one really addressed shields added to phys which if they were = to the best ST output then they are in essence superior by default with shields. Shielding was already an issue in pvp with crosshealing from puris (whose output is weak in comparison) let alone introducing a soul that gets them free.

I play a burst soul on a lot of classes and have 1v1 physicians on multiple wfs. This proves I can kill the bad or average player, but not a skilled player. Skilled as in we have = skill, and when I say can't kill you need two overly good players to down 1 phys. I need one average or low player + me to down one healer of any other type, which is a LOT more common then 2 really good players.

The actually very best of other healing souls aside, and I do mean very best, when I'm normally top burst killer in wf's (disclaimer for Kaotsu) out of 100's of wfs, I have found that physician is still the superior healing soul in output and defense. There is no way around it. Ive also seen better players then me not be able to kill anyone in wfs, even stacked sides where there are just 2 good physicians. Focus doesn't even work as well then. Its like that whole process goes out the door.

I never want to see a soul nerfed to bad status. So, imo, nerfing phys still will probably keep it as top healing soul of preference in a wf environment.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 07-01-2014 at 10:52 AM.

Don't know why all you rogs are surprised. You knew it would eventually get nerfed. At least you had your fun in the sun. Dont know what their plan is but I hope it addresses the ineffectiveness of energy drains against them due to the insane regen rate.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Its fine, rogues are better off as dps, lets let the clerics go back to healing.

On PTS currently:

Repurposed Residual Care to function like Enraptured Breath. More changes incoming to differentiate it from Enrapture Breath.
    Fixed Causal misspellings on the Physician synergy crystals.
    Preemptive Therapy should trigger Physician synergy crystal bonuses now.
    Biofeedback: Fixed issue that was causing the healing to be lower when not targeting yourself. Also removed the raid/party restriction. Removed energy regen reduction.
    Physician & Liberator non-finisher absorbs: Now have proper values for absorb amount, power stat coefficient, and weapon multiplier,
    Increased the absorb shield on Expectant Treatment
    Removed the cooldown and added a 1.5s cast time on Preemptive Therapy. This also means that the absorb value was increased.
    Combination Therapy now heals for 12.5% of the Rogue’s AP per rank instead of 2%.
    Changed all heal spells to require the ranged weapon and as such use it in ability calculation.
    Increased the healing done by Biofeedback.
    Reduced Cast time on Causal Treatment to 1.5s and adjusted healing done and energy costs accordingly.
    Reduced healing done by Mass Blood Transfusion again by 20%.
    Increased damage done by Mass Blood Transfusion by 100%. This puts it back to where it was before.
    Emergency Response is no longer on global cooldown.
    Cognitive Enhancement: Each stack is now worth 2/4/6% and max stack count is 3. Now triggers off of successful casting of abilities instead of when healing is done.
    Residual Care: Now accounts for overhealing.
    Supportive Care: Now 100% chance to add shield on any single target heal cast by the physician on the target of Supportive Care.

Coming to PTS:

Preemptive Therapy now has a global stack size of 1 instead of a caster stack size of 1.
    Corrected the description on Supportive Care.
    Changed the icon for Combination Therapy.
    Changed the icon for Residual Care.
    Maintenance Therapy now includes the ranged weapon in calculation.
    Supportive Care now has an internal cooldown of 1s between applying shields.
    Life Insurance’s pin HP effect will now function properly when used on another target other than the caster.
    Removed AoE restrictions from Reverse Genetics so it now effects Group Therapy.
    Reduced healing on Group Therapy by 16% due to the change with Reverse Genetics.
    Last edited by Gunzip; 07-01-2014 at 11:20 AM.

is that a joke gunzip or are you really incapable of reading timestamps on forum posts?

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    And the fallacies of those "breakdowns" have been categorically ignored by Rogue advocates defending an OP soul. "Do damage and CC" is a universal thing, not a Physician-specific thing. The fact of the matter is that there is no hard counter to Physicians like there is to mana-user Clerics, yet Physician output is equal to or greater than other healing souls. They never resource starve and thus never die to attrition the way that comparable specs do.

More strengths and fewer weaknesses than the norm is pretty much the full definition of an OP spec. When the best PvP Clerics in the game start re-rolling you know that ****'s broken.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    Don't know why all you rogs are surprised. You knew it would eventually get nerfed. At least you had your fun in the sun. Dont know what their plan is but I hope it addresses the ineffectiveness of energy drains against them due to the insane regen rate.
    Drains have an immediate and very noticeable effect on physicians. There is no insane regen rate or surplus energy, even Adrenaline Shot is needed to keep healing even when drains are not present. So every bit of energy that gets drained is taking away healing. If you drain 100 energy from a physician, that's 5 seconds of healing nullified.

If there is a problem it's that dominators are way too effective against cleric healers and drive all of them out so all that is left are the rogues. The drain amounts against blue bars are just really high and to top it off even Transference is bugged so it increases spell costs by 125% instead of 50%. These threads are always full of doms boasting how they can drain a cleric healer dry in a few seconds and then never let him recover enough to cast anything and even do that to multiple ones at the same time, and then in the next sentence somehow try to blame it on physicians that clerics are rerolling or not healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    is that a joke gunzip or are you really incapable of reading timestamps on forum posts?

And the fallacies of those "breakdowns" have been categorically ignored by Rogue advocates defending an OP soul. "Do damage and CC" is a universal thing, not a Physician-specific thing. The fact of the matter is that there is no hard counter to Physicians like there is to mana-user Clerics, yet Physician output is equal to or greater than other healing souls. They never resource starve and thus never die to attrition the way that comparable specs do.

More strengths and fewer weaknesses than the norm is pretty much the full definition of an OP spec. When the best PvP Clerics in the game start re-rolling you know that ****'s broken.
    Because healers should be solo killed by dps, gotcha, either way, I really don't care, I'm a dps rogue, they can reduce physician to uselessness, I'll be in my dps specc in warfronts, now carry on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast