+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: PvP Servers

Default PvP Servers

Fellow PvPers, Devs and Carebears playing on PvE servers!
    I would like to share few thoughts about current state of PvP servers and what could be done with it.
    Also I hope we will get some discussion about future of PvP Servers including responses from you, dear devs.

Why PvP servers are deserted?
    • You can't do anything special that can't be done on PvE server...
    • You gain NOTHING from being on PvP Server, but you're limited by it's ruleset...

Yeah, we get no 'rewards' but only 'penalities'. Existence of PvP servers in their current state is pointless, we could just all transfer on e.g. Zaviel and set PVP flag to be always on, nothing would change for us... so few simple ideas, which shouldn't be hard to implement and they could revive PvP servers:
    • What could be done
      -> and why?
    • Remove Slip Away and perma stealth. Give Assassins something else.
      -> SA makes 1v1 and such scenarios a complete joke. We end up with one class that is no risk and has 0% of dying in PvP unless you decide to fight until the end.
    • More XP, PA and Prestige for non-instanced (non-WF/CQ) PvP Kills on PvP Servers.
      -> PvP servers are about PvP, aren't they?
    • Make PvP dailies work only on PvP servers and disable shard hop between PvP and PvE shards, allow only migration between them with weekly transfers.
      -> People who accept full time risk of being engaged in PvP deserve better rewards than those who doesn't. Especialy when we're talking about... PvP rewards.
    • Add multiper for all kind of non-PvE (dng/raid makrs) Currencies gain on PvP Servers.
      -> People who accept full time risk of being engaged in PvP deserve better rewards than doese who doesn't. It makes getting stuff more difficult anyway. Also, more rewards = more players = more PvP.
    • Give us more worthy stuff to do in Open World in 3.0. Maybe Raid Rifts that can be done without PvE gear with good rewards, so we will have more opportunities to get engaged into PVP. Obviously rewards from those should be higher on PvP > PvE servers.
      -> People who accept full time risk of being engaged in PvP deserve better rewards than doese who doesn't...
    Last edited by Morwath; 07-01-2014 at 02:33 AM.

Vye
    Rift Disciple

leave out the rogue nerfs and I agree.

"Make PvP dailies work only on PvP servers and disable shard hop between PvP and PvE shards, allow only migration between them with weekly transfers."

Your changes would only make pvp shards even more deserted.
    Players from Bloodiron shard hop to finish their quests, and they expect to finish them.

If the spell that glitches you after you are "dominated" gets a fix, would have been 2 open world kills in a day, and would have increased my leaderboard rank substantially.
    Last edited by Dee Dee; 07-01-2014 at 06:11 AM.

Yeah that's going to happen... never.... more pve hobbit stuffs coming.

Soulwalker

Default Lol

So you're saying, just for ppl being on a PVP server, they deserve to be rewarded more then the ones not on a pvp server? Man you PVPers really need to get over your selves, You're nothing special, and the sooner you learn that the better the Community will get.

Quote Originally Posted by Vye View Post
    leave out the rogue nerfs and I agree.
    That is the main thing needed, they can keep those things....just need to go back before "lets make sins gods" patch. You know when bad rogues died (as they should). One thing to give a little love and giving an auto win specc.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dee View Post
    "Make PvP dailies work only on PvP servers and disable shard hop between PvP and PvE shards, allow only migration between them with weekly transfers."

Your changes would only make pvp shards even more deserted.
    Players from Bloodiron shard hop to finish their quests, and they expect to finish them.

If the spell that glitches you after you are "dominated" gets a fix, would have been 2 open world kills in a day, and would have increased my leaderboard rank substantially.
    I disagree.
    If you count all I've written as a whole, then: if Bloodiron would have better non-instanced-PvE currencies multiper (lets say x2), alot of people would roll there just to farm their plat for rex, infinity stones, world event stuff etc.

Also don't tell me you count those silly 'daily kills in quest zone' as 'open world kills', because it's all about ganking undergeared tons, which has as much with PvP as ganking people who just started and are lvl 10 in Freemarch with my BiS geared main...

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfighter View Post
    So you're saying, just for ppl being on a PVP server, they deserve to be rewarded more then the ones not on a pvp server? Man you PVPers really need to get over your selves, You're nothing special, and the sooner you learn that the better the Community will get.
    Go away hobbit, ride ur pretty pony.

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    Fellow PvPers, Devs and Carebears playing on PvE servers!
    I would like to share few thoughts about current state of PvP servers and what could be done with it.
    Also I hope we will get some discussion about future of PvP Servers including responses from you, dear devs.

Why PvP servers are deserted?
    • You can't do anything special that can't be done on PvE server...
    • You gain NOTHING from being on PvP Server, but you're limited by it's ruleset...

Yeah, we get no 'rewards' but only 'penalities'. Existence of PvP servers in their current state is pointless, we could just all transfer on e.g. Zaviel and set PVP flag to be always on, nothing would change for us... so few simple ideas, which shouldn't be hard to implement and they could revive PvP servers:
    • What could be done
      -> and why?
    • Remove Slip Away and perma stealth. Give Assassins something else.
      -> SA makes 1v1 and such scenarios a complete joke. We end up with one class that is no risk and has 0% of dying in PvP unless you decide to fight until the end.
    • More XP, PA and Prestige for non-instanced (non-WF/CQ) PvP Kills on PvP Servers.
      -> PvP servers are about PvP, aren't they?
    • Make PvP dailies work only on PvP servers and disable shard hop between PvP and PvE shards, allow only migration between them with weekly transfers.
      -> People who accept full time risk of being engaged in PvP deserve better rewards than those who doesn't. Especialy when we're talking about... PvP rewards.
    • Add multiper for all kind of non-PvE (dng/raid makrs) Currencies gain on PvP Servers.
      -> People who accept full time risk of being engaged in PvP deserve better rewards than doese who doesn't. It makes getting stuff more difficult anyway. Also, more rewards = more players = more PvP.
    • Give us more worthy stuff to do in Open World in 3.0. Maybe Raid Rifts that can be done without PvE gear with good rewards, so we will have more opportunities to get engaged into PVP. Obviously rewards from those should be higher on PvP > PvE servers.
      -> People who accept full time risk of being engaged in PvP deserve better rewards than doese who doesn't...
    One other thing, need to put in place a player 5 or more levels higher, can not attack the lower level player 1st. Just because you can do something, does not mean you should or is good for the game.

This run off a lot of ppl to other shards and even out of the game. Those that support that, welcome to the repercussions of others lack of common sense and trions refusal to create "barriers" (they so love) where they actually make sense.

Increased rewards are also essential, UO uses that same mechanic and there is even a penalty for dying (lose items). Even dungeons have better drop rates (on PvP side), but you just can't instantly port to them.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfighter View Post
    Yes and no.
    First : Just using silly PvE rep dailies as example -> on populated PvP server you a) risk being engaged in PvP, which forces you to pick PvP spec, b) you group up to avoid gankers, c) you spend more time on that because of being involved into PvP; so since it requires you to put more work in stuff you do, you should get better rewards. It has nothing with 'better' and 'worse' players.
    Second: I don't get why PvErs even come here and spam, do we spam your PvE forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    One other thing, need to put in place a player 5 or more levels higher, can not attack the lower level player 1st. Just because you can do something, does not mean you should or is good for the game.
    Well, I see two solutions:
    a) you can't attack people with lower level, with difference X lvls
    b) you can, but if you do, you get long stackable debuff (8hours/kill?) with last thru death and gives penalty

Imho a) seems to be easier to implement.
    Last edited by Morwath; 07-01-2014 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    That is the main thing needed, they can keep those things....just need to go back before "lets make sins gods" patch. You know when bad rogues died (as they should). One thing to give a little love and giving an auto win specc.
    Agreed.

Mained rogue during wotlk and early cata, you actually had to know how to play the class to win. Other players could counter you easily if you were bad.

There was a risk to being a rogue, the corresponding soul in Rift shares no such penalty

I disagree.
    If you count all I've written as a whole, then: if Bloodiron would have better non-instanced-PvE currencies multiper (lets say x2), alot of people would roll there just to farm their plat for rex, infinity stones, world event stuff etc.

Also don't tell me you count those silly 'daily kills in quest zone' as 'open world kills', because it's all about ganking undergeared tons, which has as much with PvP as ganking people who just started and are lvl 10 in Freemarch with my BiS geared main...
    then why you want the "pvp dailies" only on the pvp shards? you alone classify them as not being open world pvp.
    I have another question is CQ pvp|? how would you classify it?
    Last edited by Dee Dee; 07-01-2014 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dee View Post
    then why you want the "pvp dailies" only on the pvp shards? you alone classify them as not being open world pvp.
    Because PvP Servers need to offer something that PvE servers doesn't.

Because PvP Servers need to offer something that PvE servers doesn't.
    I do like the idea of placing together people that like the same things and activities in a game.
    this should not be forced by any means though.

a shard is just... a bigger instance, no matter how you look at it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast