+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: PvP Servers

In layman's terms, this is called being painted into a corner.
    If you have to ask...you don't need to know.

Rift Disciple

Nerf rogues!!

Seriously, then you can just nerf every class. May as well nerf all healing, shields, blinks, sprints, and anything that gives one class an advantage over another. See how that works?

Tip...use merc recon vials. Sure, they don't work for stealth, but most rogues will be visible while killing mobs, or other players, so you should almost always have a heads up.

Pretty tired of PVE'ers complaining about pvp servers. Roll PVE if you don't want to pvp.

PVE'ers saying get rid of PvP servers?? Why? Just don't roll on it. Don't want to get ganked while hopping shards? Don't hop to a pvp shard...simple as.

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    Open world pvp and ganking will create a lot of complains about class balance, zerg, being unable to finish the quests, etc. Why would they even bother with all of it if they can just make another mob to kill which makes everybody happy?
    People who can't stand PvP can always roll on PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyhawke View Post
    Also, please explain the "deny enemy from getting profit" comment. What huge profits are you referring to? A couple hundred infinity stones? PVP servers aren't the only places to get those, they're not a limited commodity, and now your foolish "they're all mine" game results in the majority of your zone events failing due to lack of participation.
    It doesn't matter how much you gain.
    If you want zone event, group up, then nobody will gank you.
    Thats how we were doing it back in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomthebomb View Post
    Nerf rogues!!

Seriously, then you can just nerf every class. May as well nerf all healing, shields, blinks, sprints, and anything that gives one class an advantage over another. See how that works?
    Seriously, only rogues don't see problem with SA...

Tip...use merc recon vials. Sure, they don't work for stealth, but most rogues will be visible while killing mobs, or other players, so you should almost always have a heads up.
    It doesn't matter if you see Rogue on your minimap.
    You see him and what?
    Hes Assassin, all Rogues on PvP servers in OPW are Assassins.
    Yes, you can attack him and risk getting killed without having chances to kill him, because he can press his 'you can't kill me' button and go away, each single time. Makes no sense.

Pretty tired of PVE'ers complaining about pvp servers. Roll PVE if you don't want to pvp.
    Rather another Rogue tired of PvPers asking about finaly balancing Rogues.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post

[...]
    Sure but they will want the same rewards and unlike PvPers they are willing to spend more $ on vials and other bs. There's no reason for Trion to catter for PvPer when it requires more effort and generate less income.

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    Sure but they will want the same rewards and unlike PvPers they are willing to spend more $ on vials and other bs. There's no reason for Trion to catter for PvPer when it requires more effort and generate less income.
    PvPers give less income, only because they were more or less ignored since last two years.

Prophet of Telara

PvPers give less income, only because they were more or less ignored since last two years.
    This is your opinion, but you have yet to prove that your or other suggestions will require less work than new pve mobs and in the same time generate as much or more than it.

You really need to prove it before they will consider doing bigger changes.

Yeah, and by the thriving population on the PVP servers, I see that that works really well.

/sarcasm

Might I ask how you came up with the idea that PVPers bring in less income? PVP warfronts are quick and easy to develop, and result in near 100% profit.

How much work does it take to develop a PVP map? All one has to do is look at PVP dimensions and the answer is obvious. They take an existing map, strip out the mechanics, and throw it out there as a PVP dimension. It's so easy that any moron can, in 5 minutes, setup their own Black Garden warfront. Even for CQ, all they did was copy the Steppes of Infinity zone, delete the mobs, put up a couple of extractors add a scoring system and it was done.

Despite how easy it is to develop PVP content, the current dev team has demonstrated gross negligence, bordering on willful spite, towards the PVP community. They can't be bothered to spend a couple of days developing content for us, and the "do it yourself" PVP dimensions are so flawed that they're borderline unusable. An example of the stupidity is the Black Garden PVP dimension. In itself it seems like a great idea, but within the area constraints of the Black Garden they couldn't give up guardian vs defiant, or even red vs blue. Noooooo... they gave us freaking nightfall vs dom vs oathsworn. WTF? For Black Garden? Oh, and don't even get me started on a Black Garden map that doesn't have a damn fang, or even control points. The mechanics already exist, they just refuse to put 5 minutes of thought into the process and say "gee, if I were going to make this my PVP dimension, what would I need to make it happen?" UGH
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

Plane Touched

Yeah, and by the thriving population on the PVP servers, I see that that works really well.

/sarcasm

Might I ask how you came up with the idea that PVPers bring in less income? PVP warfronts are quick and easy to develop, and result in near 100% profit.

How much work does it take to develop a PVP map? All one has to do is look at PVP dimensions and the answer is obvious. They take an existing map, strip out the mechanics, and throw it out there as a PVP dimension. It's so easy that any moron can, in 5 minutes, setup their own Black Garden warfront. Even for CQ, all they did was copy the Steppes of Infinity zone, delete the mobs, put up a couple of extractors add a scoring system and it was done.

Despite how easy it is to develop PVP content, the current dev team has demonstrated gross negligence, bordering on willful spite, towards the PVP community. They can't be bothered to spend a couple of days developing content for us, and the "do it yourself" PVP dimensions are so flawed that they're borderline unusable. An example of the stupidity is the Black Garden PVP dimension. In itself it seems like a great idea, but within the area constraints of the Black Garden they couldn't give up guardian vs defiant, or even red vs blue. Noooooo... they gave us freaking nightfall vs dom vs oathsworn. WTF? For Black Garden? Oh, and don't even get me started on a Black Garden map that doesn't have a damn fang, or even control points. The mechanics already exist, they just refuse to put 5 minutes of thought into the process and say "gee, if I were going to make this my PVP dimension, what would I need to make it happen?" UGH
    and then after that 2 seconds of work, they send it over to the quality control team, who has to sit there for 3 digits' worth of hours just testing every combination of items, skills, moves, and potential exploits they can think of

OR, they could be spending those hours on actual new content

PVP'ers bring less income because there's less PVP'ers than PVE'ers. In fact, most pvpers are also pve'ers so they would count for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Quwo View Post

PVP'ers bring less income because there's less PVP'ers than PVE'ers. In fact, most pvpers are also pve'ers so they would count for both.
    Thats bad logic, because you know.
    PvErs are also PvPers (they take part in WFs/CQ!).

and then after that 2 seconds of work, they send it over to the quality control team, who has to sit there for 3 digits' worth of hours just testing every combination of items, skills, moves, and potential exploits they can think of

OR, they could be spending those hours on actual new content

Spare me the part about quality control. Damn near nothing is checked for quality... it's just pushed out to be fixed later. (But even then it rarely actually gets fixed) Question: where was the QA team when they pushed out the Glyph launcher update yesterday?

I have no problem with PVE content development. I do some PVE stuff myself, however it really pisses me off that everytime you turn around they're introducing a new dungeon or raid, yet most of the raiders haven't even completed the content that they already have. In contrast, the PVPers grind the same warfronts every damn day, week in and week out, and there is ZERO development. NONE. When was the last time we got a new warfront? Karthan Ridge just prior to Storm Legion. After all this time don't we deserve at least a bone thrown our way?

NO, THE FARCE KNOWN AS CONQUEST DOESN'T COUNT.

As in some of my prior posts, I also question how many PVPers there are in this game. Trion likes to tell us that we're a small minority of the population, yet we sure have enough people to pop warfronts every few minutes, 24 hrs a day. In contrast, the SLE queue is extremely slow just finding 5 random people, and half of them are undergeared newbies who haven't mastered that content yet either. Alternately, log into the game, switch to a PVE shard, and gear check the players around the storage and auction area. I'd contend that close to half of the people there are wearing PVP gear, which I interpret as a sign that we're NOT as small a minority as we're led to believe.

I'm all for new WORLD content, zone events, etc., but Trion really needs to show the PVP community some love too. Between the raiders locking us out of raids with their stupid *** achievement and hit requirements, and the PVP PM PUG stomping, I don't see much more to do outside of the same old zone events. (Yes, I'm venerated with Torvan and Lycini, and I have the "great hunt exemplar" title after completing all the great hunt stuff) I'm not anti PVE, but I am pro PVP.
    Last edited by Kittyhawke; 07-03-2014 at 12:45 AM.
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

Prophet of Telara

Thats bad logic, because you know.
    PvErs are also PvPers (they take part in WFs/CQ!).
    Even if some PvErs do PvP they are still more concerned about PvE. PvP is often a side interaction when their raiding time is over or they have nothing better to do.

If there was enough demand from the community to improve PvP and add more content im sure Trion would consider it. Feel free to convine all the players in game to write feedback to Trion how much they would love to see more PvP content and maybe they will change their minds.

Plane Touched

Trust me, if the worst problems we have are related to server overload things could be a lot worse.

NO, THE FARCE KNOWN AS CONQUEST DOESN'T COUNT.
    And frankly, if you dismiss a different style of PVP just because your old build isn't suited for it quit complaining and learn to play an aoe spec, or to lead a raid. CQ is the answer to what you're asking for because all other content in PVP is other players

Edit: Also, judging from port scion, most PVP'ers have no idea what they're doing either. Just hold the bridge, and we'll magically score points somehow. that's the way to win
    Last edited by Quwo; 07-03-2014 at 02:23 AM.

Rift Disciple

Exactly.

Exactly.

Seriously, only rogues don't see problem with SA...
    The problem is with people not knowing how to counter it.

Most noobs who try to gank only use SA when they are at 5-10% life. Hint...they still take damage. If you can't kill a rogue at 5-10% health, then your issues are more than his stealth.

It doesn't matter if you see Rogue on your minimap.
    You see him and what?
    Hes Assassin, all Rogues on PvP servers in OPW are Assassins.
    Yes, you can attack him and risk getting killed without having chances to kill him, because he can press his 'you can't kill me' button and go away, each single time. Makes no sense.
    See above. you see anyone on your minimap in OPW and you are in your raid gear, you should run. If you see him on your minimap and he disappears, go somewhere else. Move, do some AOE damage, don't stand still. Most of this is an awareness issue. I know, because I don't only play rogue, but when I see one disappear on my minimap, it is time to take evasive action. If that means coming back in ten minutes, so be it. It is a pvp server. Or take your own advice and roll PVE.

If someone cannot be bothered to use merc recon vials while in OpW then they have no right to complain.

Rather another Rogue tired of PvPers asking about finaly balancing Rogues.
    This thread is not started by PvP'ers, nor are most of the people complaining in it. Those who PvP a lot know the weaknesses of each class and how to counter them. Those that come to the forums whining are mostly those who go to PvP zones with their non-pvp roles, and their blue raid gear with a total of 21k life to gather flowers and are surprised when they get ganked.

These same people will get ganked no matter what by whatever class...it is just that rogues are sneaky bastids and are the backstabbing type, so are most likely to be the ones to do it.

An equally geared opponent with a proper PvP spec is an even match for a sin.

And frankly, if you dismiss a different style of PVP just because your old build isn't suited for it quit complaining and learn to play an aoe spec, or to lead a raid. CQ is the answer to what you're asking for because all other content in PVP is other players

Edit: Also, judging from port scion, most PVP'ers have no idea what they're doing either. Just hold the bridge, and we'll magically score points somehow. that's the way to win
    My 61 Pyro build works perfectly fine as a CQ AOE spec. The thing is, though, this:
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11...ps4ebec164.jpg
    is NOT fun. Destroying thousands of inanimate extractors is NOT fun. Following the herd of lemmings to their doom is NOT fun. Getting farmed by large premade opponents is NOT fun. CQ is NOT fun.

As far as leading a raid in CQ, I once did so regularly. I boast a Stillmoor win rate that rivals or beats most of the current "leaders," and I'm 2-1 in Steppes. The thing is, though, that leading isn't fun either, and it's more frustrating than it's worth. Telling people what to do, only to have them run off to do something else, then blame you when the team faceplants. No thanks.

Since you judge PVPers based on the quasi-PVE Port Scion map, I'm assuming that you're either new here, or a PVE troll who has no clue what Rift PVP entails. Rank up, then we'll discuss it.

p.s. Since you're new here, welcome to Rift.
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

I spent 7 years on a WoW PvP-RP server and was on Rift's Sunrest PvP-RP server until it faded away. Leveled six characters on PvP servers. Thrill of the danger, that's what it's all about. To endure on a PvP server you HAVE to be able to handle an assassin without throwing a fit. Either kill them, escape them, or have friends who can. Assassins give PvP servers their intrinsic danger, even when there's no assassin around.

But FYI not every assassin is a dirty ganker, even on PvP servers. Certain players are gankers, no matter what class they play. Some people are just role playing. When I made my rogues, my Guardian was a "good guy" and my Defiant was a "bad guy". I used to keep my Defiant a secret and use him to stir up PvP trouble (i.e. ganking) on Sunrest and then switch back and forth between characters to keep the fighting going. Gotta have assassins and gankers or there's no fun on PvP servers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast