+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: PvP Servers

but rift has exciting and dynamic open world pvp in conquest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dee View Post
    I do like the idea of placing together people that like the same things and activities in a game.
    this should not be forced by any means though.
    Nobody would force you to anything.
    PvP servers would just offer better rewards for taking risk of being engaged into PvP. Currently they have no purpose and their existence is pointless. We sacrifice more (e.g. I can't premade with my old friends because they decided to change faction) and gain nothing for our humble sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dee View Post
    a shard is just... a bigger instance, no matter how you look at it
    Yes, but such instance can have different ruleset.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezex View Post
    Go away hobbit, ride ur pretty pony.

Psst... Rift is not a PvP game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    but rift has exciting and dynamic open world pvp in conquest.
    Do not forget about the great PvP going on now on the Seastone near you. I hear nothing but good things, Ave!

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    Because PvP Servers need to offer something that PvE servers doesn't.
    Like giving an opportunity for trading kills between guilds for "better" rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntmaster View Post
    Like giving an opportunity for trading kills between guilds for "better" rewards.
    Like people got issues with getting favor/prestige...

deserve better rewards
    as implied, you think you deserve more than just honor and prestige, and everyone gets honor and prestige....
    Last edited by Bluntmaster; 07-01-2014 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntmaster View Post
    as implied, you think you deserve more than just honor and prestige, and everyone gets honor and prestige....
    I suggest you to re-read main post.
    I've no clues how could you get e.g. more currencies by trading kills and I would like to note that trading kills isn't effective in Rift with current WF rewards ratio to OPW kills.
    Anyway I got already used that your post doesn't make sense and you see exploits everywhere.

Nobody would force you to anything.
    PvP servers would just offer better rewards for taking risk of being engaged into PvP. Currently they have no purpose and their existence is pointless. We sacrifice more (e.g. I can't premade with my old friends because they decided to change faction) and gain nothing for our humble sacrifice.
    Your humble sacrifice? I read that and I damn near peed myself laughing. If choosing a PVP server was a sacrifice, then you're implying that the preferable choice is rolling on a PVE server.

My problem with being on a Rift PVP server is the prevalence of mindless ganking that occurs. You can't do **** without some ******* trying to gank you. You have to constantly be looking behind you, and you dare not trust anyone you don't know.

I love to PVP, but it's not all that I do in Rift. About a week ago I traveled to Seastone to do a zone event. No sooner did I hit the boss, some ******* rogue attacks me for no damn reason. He probably saw "@wolfsbane" in my name and figured I was a PVE target, and just wasn't expecting a full myrmidon/partial relic player. If I'm doing other stuff, I don't want to be bothered by people like this. They're a disease that slowly kills the PVP server population, and diminishes the number of PVP players overall.

You CHOOSE to be on a PVP server because it fits your playstyle. That's fine, but don't think that the rest of us owe you a cookie for choosing that path.

-1 cookie for you.
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyhawke View Post
    Your humble sacrifice? I read that and I damn near peed myself laughing. If choosing a PVP server was a sacrifice, then you're implying that the preferable choice is rolling on a PVE server.

My problem with being on a Rift PVP server is the prevalence of mindless ganking that occurs. You can't do **** without some ******* trying to gank you. You have to constantly be looking behind you, and you dare not trust anyone you don't know.

I love to PVP, but it's not all that I do in Rift. About a week ago I traveled to Seastone to do a zone event. No sooner did I hit the boss, some ******* rogue attacks me for no damn reason. He probably saw "@wolfsbane" in my name and figured I was a PVE target, and just wasn't expecting a full myrmidon/partial relic player. If I'm doing other stuff, I don't want to be bothered by people like this. They're a disease that slowly kills the PVP server population, and diminishes the number of PVP players overall.

You CHOOSE to be on a PVP server because it fits your playstyle. That's fine, but don't think that the rest of us owe you a cookie for choosing that path.

-1 cookie for you.
    Carebear is stronk with this one.
    Gold rule is: get a cookie or deny your foes.
    It wasn't about ganking you during PvE, but denying enemy from geting profit.

Edit: The only thing that is sick for me is corpse camping.
    Last edited by Morwath; 07-01-2014 at 03:12 PM.

Cant blame the OP for trying, his spirit isnt broken yet.
    Sadly trying to get Trion to care about anything pvp related is impossible.
    All these forms are is a way for people who still pvp in rift to vent and troll each other.
    The devs gave up on pvp with storm leigon.
    Last edited by Marana tha; 07-01-2014 at 11:04 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Improvements can always be made, but i dont think Trion wants to invest their time and resources in to PvP, because PvE players give the more $.

I understand why you want more rewards for pvping on pvp server but it's very easy to abuse and the easier it is to get favor and prestige the less chance that players will spend their credits on the RIFT store vials.

Open world pvp and ganking will create a lot of complains about class balance, zerg, being unable to finish the quests, etc. Why would they even bother with all of it if they can just make another mob to kill which makes everybody happy?

Imho, PvP servers needs to be removed and PvE shards need some open world 24/7 CQ zone with various benefits like fort battles, improved CQ power, etc. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlinxx View Post
    Cant blame the OP for trying, his spirit isnt broken yet.
    Sadly trying to get Trion to care about anything pvp related is impossible.
    All these forms are is a way for people who still pvp in rift to vent and troll each other.
    The devs gave up on pvp with storm leigon.
    Your purpose in posting here is what exactly?

Edit: If you hate the game, move on.
    Last edited by Flair; 07-01-2014 at 09:01 PM.
    If you have to ask...you don't need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    Improvements can always be made, but i dont think Trion wants to invest their time and resources in to PvP, because PvE players give the more $.

I understand why you want more rewards for pvping on pvp server but it's very easy to abuse and the easier it is to get favor and prestige the less chance that players will spend their credits on the RIFT store vials.

Open world pvp and ganking will create a lot of complains about class balance, zerg, being unable to finish the quests, etc. Why would they even bother with all of it if they can just make another mob to kill which makes everybody happy?

Imho, PvP servers needs to be removed and PvE shards need some open world 24/7 CQ zone with various benefits like fort battles, improved CQ power, etc. ;)
    Well you say that, but don't you suspect that maybe a healthy portion of those players also play PvP?

Edit: I mean look, we are all such admirable specimens of society, why wouldn't they?
    Last edited by Flair; 07-01-2014 at 09:09 PM.
    If you have to ask...you don't need to know.

Carebear is stronk with this one.
    Gold rule is: get a cookie or deny your foes.
    It wasn't about ganking you during PvE, but denying enemy from geting profit.

Edit: The only thing that is sick for me is corpse camping.
    If that makes me a carebear...

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs44/i/20...by_Kiru100.jpg

Also, please explain the "deny enemy from getting profit" comment. What huge profits are you referring to? A couple hundred infinity stones? PVP servers aren't the only places to get those, they're not a limited commodity, and now your foolish "they're all mine" game results in the majority of your zone events failing due to lack of participation.
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast