+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: PactGaming Launch Party Tournament Details: Official Rules

Telaran

Default PactGaming Launch Party Tournament Details: Official Rules

Original Thread here: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...t-event-5.html

PactGaming Launch Party Tournament Details: Official Rules-tournamentheader.png
    RIFT TOURNAMENT STRUCTURE

The Tournament is a 16 person Match up. All Players will meet at the designated Location, and begin individual Duels. Players have 10 minutes to complete a match, within 10 minutes if the match is incomplete, highest percent health remaining Wins.

Healing, and Tank Souls are Unallowed.

If you lose once, you are done. The Rounds will continue until only 1 victor remains: Champion.

Only one player will receive any benefits for victory. There is no Second or Third place victories.

Winners will receive: (PRIZES ALTER BASED ON RANK OF TOURNAMENT)

1. Small In Game Currency Reward (Rank II/III: reward)

2. Listed Soon (in game reward)

---- IF REGISTERED TO PACTGAMING.COM ----

3. 500 Pact Points (Rank II/III 1,000 Pact Points)

4. Entry to Rank II Tournaments (MAX: Rank III)

5. Rank II/III Tournaments include Cash Prize. (vary)

6. Rank III Tournament Includes PactGaming.com Sponsored Gear. (list soon)

-----

Special Events may have alternate prizes:

(LAUNCH PARTY PRIZES INCLUDE LAUNCH PARTY T-SHIRT, LAUNCH PARTY COASTER, AND ENTRY TO RANK II TOURNAMENT)

RULES:

Be Prepared and Have a Good Heart!
    Know that you're up against good players, It's Ok to lose and Accept it and show good Sportsmanship!
    Sometimes players and Teams do come up with as we say "Excuses" lagging, Freezing, PC Messing Up.
    As you all should know this is no way to accept a Loss. So be kind, and Respect the Winner

So as a Heads Up, Be sure you will not lag and your PC is Working Fine, Rune Tests, Run some Matches, and be Prepared!
    You are Responsible for you own PC and Connection.

Deadline and Being Late.
    Be sure you are Available for The Match Days!
    Late Arrivals is 5 Minutes after the start of the Tournaments.
    If you are not there, you will be removed and your Opponent(s) Gets the Win and Moves on.

Glitching and Exploiting
    If You are caught Exploiting, you are Disqualified, and Even a Suspension/Ban By GM's of Rift. All Matches will be Recorded, during Live Stream.
    Remember, You're up against good players that knows the Characters Well, Soul they see you use, and their cooldowns.

You may not stream during the tournament unless given permission by Tournament Officials.

REQUIREMENTS:

ALL Tournaments will be held on a PVP dimension. If you are not, Be Prepared in adavanced.

Winners May be International, but please understand any overseas victories may take a moment to get shipped due to much higher shipping costs, which come out of pocket from us.

ROSTER
    In signature

See you In Game!
    - Ryoxis
    Proud RIFT Tournament Host
    Follow Twitter/pactgaming
    Roster:
    NEW TOURNAMENT COMING SOON

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Caellia Caelllia View Post
    Gotcha! THanks for the input in on both!!!
    Roster:

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Caellia Caelllia View Post
    "Thank you for that, Landslyde! And welcome back to Rift, PactGaming! Looking forward to checking out your website. To turn your guild dimension into a PvP dimension, you will need to buy from the Rift store: "PVP: Join Dominion, Nightfall and Oathsworn Banners" (for two factions, you only need Dominion and Nightfall; but if you want to have all three factions like Conquest, then you must get Oathsworn in addition to the other two), "PVP: Start Point - Dominion, Nightfall and Oathsworn" as well as "PVP Graveyard - Dominion, Nightfall and Oathsworn" (respective respawn points for each faction) which you may place anywhere. Is your in-game name Ryoxis@Seastone? I will send you the giftable kit. If you need any help, let me know. Kozzmo@Faeblight is truly an epic dimension builder.

If you go higher than 1v1, like 3v3 or 5v5, then you will need to be sure everyone is grouped and in the dimension before they flag (or Guardians and Defiants will drop group). Currently, you may have a Defiant versus a Defiant or a Guardian versus a Guardian or a Defiant versus a Guardian in a PvP dimension, or a mix of Guardians and Defiants in a group if more than 1v1. You may invite players from other shards to your dimension as well. I would like to recommend setting your guild dimension so that the public cannot "Move", "Place" or "Pick Up". Setting the guild dimension on private is another thing you might want to consider should there be any interference from spectators, but that is entirely up to you. Also, may I add your event to www.riftpvpdimensions.com and recommend it to other websites to list, like Rift PvP League, RiftGrate, siradio, Rift Community Creations, Rift Dimension Addicts and The Dimension Touring Company?

Will this be livestreamed on http://www.twitch.tv/pactgaming? "

---------

WELL THAN that was much more than a response I expected.

Yes, we are streaming via twitch.tv/pactgaming!

My name on there is in fact Ryoxis and I am on seastone (pvp) so I believe the handle is correct.

We are looking to get all factions involved to make this PVP event more prominent and reliable. In the future we will exceed the 1v1 threshold as we push into Rift.

You're rather knowledgeable on Rift, Im curious if I could talk to you about a few things? If not an Interview to get some goodie details, as well make an article about your experiences in the PVP environment via rift?
    Roster:

Telaran

ALso, yes, add us to anything, and everything. awesome.
    Roster:

you are going to kill this by not allowing tank or healing souls. a decent INQ will massacre everyone.

let everyone use everything. Chloro harb is not as OP as everyone says, same thing with Sin/Rs.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    you are going to kill this by not allowing tank or healing souls. a decent INQ will massacre everyone.

let everyone use everything. Chloro harb is not as OP as everyone says, same thing with Sin/Rs.
    HMMM...mkay.. idea than

EVERYOEN VIEWING THIS ---

If you think we should lift the soul ban - Like this post!
    Roster:

Telaran

Gave away some pactgaming coasters tonight! grats to winners!
    Roster:

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by PactGaming View Post
    HMMM...mkay.. idea than

EVERYOEN VIEWING THIS ---

If you think we should lift the soul ban - Like this post!
    I think you should instead specify not pure tank or not pure heal. Perhaps limit the # of points spent into either tree, like say 30. I dont know.

Most duel specs are about survival and outputting bleeds, poisons, proc damage (most).

I do not consider charb or cdom healing specs. Those are the Mages best dueling specs and it would not be fair to take them off the table.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Quote Originally Posted by PactGaming View Post
    Original Thread here: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...t-event-5.html

Attachment 18978
    RIFT TOURNAMENT STRUCTURE

The Tournament is a 16 person Match up. All Players will meet at the designated Location, and begin individual Duels. Players have 10 minutes to complete a match, within 10 minutes if the match is incomplete, highest percent health remaining Wins.

Healing, and Tank Souls are Unallowed.

If you lose once, you are done. The Rounds will continue until only 1 victor remains: Champion.

Only one player will receive any benefits for victory. There is no Second or Third place victories.

Winners will receive: (PRIZES ALTER BASED ON RANK OF TOURNAMENT)

1. Small In Game Currency Reward (Rank II/III: reward)

2. Listed Soon (in game reward)

---- IF REGISTERED TO PACTGAMING.COM ----

3. 500 Pact Points (Rank II/III 1,000 Pact Points)

4. Entry to Rank II Tournaments (MAX: Rank III)

5. Rank II/III Tournaments include Cash Prize. (vary)

6. Rank III Tournament Includes PactGaming.com Sponsored Gear. (list soon)

-----

Special Events may have alternate prizes:

(LAUNCH PARTY PRIZES INCLUDE LAUNCH PARTY T-SHIRT, LAUNCH PARTY COASTER, AND ENTRY TO RANK II TOURNAMENT)

RULES:

Be Prepared and Have a Good Heart!
    Know that you're up against good players, It's Ok to lose and Accept it and show good Sportsmanship!
    Sometimes players and Teams do come up with as we say "Excuses" lagging, Freezing, PC Messing Up.
    As you all should know this is no way to accept a Loss. So be kind, and Respect the Winner

So as a Heads Up, Be sure you will not lag and your PC is Working Fine, Rune Tests, Run some Matches, and be Prepared!
    You are Responsible for you own PC and Connection.

Deadline and Being Late.
    Be sure you are Available for The Match Days!
    Late Arrivals is 5 Minutes after the start of the Tournaments.
    If you are not there, you will be removed and your Opponent(s) Gets the Win and Moves on.

Glitching and Exploiting
    If You are caught Exploiting, you are Disqualified, and Even a Suspension/Ban By GM's of Rift. All Matches will be Recorded, during Live Stream.
    Remember, You're up against good players that knows the Characters Well, Soul they see you use, and their cooldowns.

You may not stream during the tournament unless given permission by Tournament Officials.

REQUIREMENTS:

ALL Tournaments will be held on a PVP dimension. If you are not, Be Prepared in adavanced.

Winners May be International, but please understand any overseas victories may take a moment to get shipped due to much higher shipping costs, which come out of pocket from us.

ROSTER
    In signature

See you In Game!
    - Ryoxis
    As a signed up participant of this, I'd like to respectfully state that in my opinion these rules are not specific enough... what is considered an exploit? what is considered a healing soul? How do you ensure that someone who lost is not going to try to jump back in? Will these matches be reffed and watched closely? What is the method of enforcing these rules?

In my personal opinion, anything with over 38 points in a healing soul is considered a healer and should not be allowed, and there's no issue with tanks in duels (that I could think of anyways).
    Last edited by Moirg; 06-30-2014 at 10:24 PM.

Rift Disciple

lol poor pactgaming... op has no idea what he is in for.

Duels are utterly dumb when it comes to Rogues. Basically one person starts out with a major disadvantage if it isn't a stalemate beginning.

If one uses a sin, the other has to pretty much not use an assassin for the duel to even play out reasonable. But even a NB would prefer to start out stealth. But a sin would just wait for the 30s timer to let up.

But that is why people say this game is not based around 1 v 1. 2 rogues dueling is like the corniest thing ever half the time. I'd look into stealth rules personally. But be careful, don't destroy assassin or anything as a huge part of their execution relies on coming out of stealth. Problem is if you get two people who want to play that. Do they just have to take turns not playing sin? Do they just both agree to not play sin altogether?
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-01-2014 at 05:28 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Moirg View Post
    As a signed up participant of this, I'd like to respectfully state that in my opinion these rules are not specific enough... what is considered an exploit? what is considered a healing soul? How do you ensure that someone who lost is not going to try to jump back in? Will these matches be reffed and watched closely? What is the method of enforcing these rules?

In my personal opinion, anything with over 38 points in a healing soul is considered a healer and should not be allowed, and there's no issue with tanks in duels (that I could think of anyways).
    Sorry, let me elaborate further.

As a signed up participant of this, I'd like to respectfully state that in my opinion these rules are not specific enough...

what is considered an exploit?
    Anything that is an error in Rift development/Bugs that have not been fixed which can alter the duel outcome and or third party programs. Pretty standard Broad statement of cheating aint cool. There isn't apparently too many things people could do, I can as our D.Ops to pull a list together if You really need it.

what is considered a healing soul? -
    this is the current list we have:

Chloromancer Healing
    Defiler Healing
    Liberator Healing
    Physician Healing
    Purifier Healing
    Sentinel Healing
    Warden Healing

How do you ensure that someone who lost is not going to try to jump back in?
    In basic tournament standpoints, there is a Reff - in our case, "Tournament Official." It has been stated the entire match is going to be streamed, during our show "SoulBound" for our Launch party on 7/12/13, which will be live from 10am-10pm for multiple diff tournaments in multi diff games.

Will these matches be reffed and watched closely?
    Yes, as stated above there will be a ref in place, as well aiming towards a very well knowledgeable individual to help commentate on whats happening on the battlefield.

What is the method of enforcing these rules?
    In terms of checking specs, there isnt directly a way to see what specs a player is using, unless they use a skill that is only available within that tree. So hopefully we get enough votes to remove the Spec bann.
    Roster:

easy solution is put a time cap on each duel at like a minute. If you don't have enough dps to kill someone in that time it's a loss (make ties count as both party's losing) while the actual dps progress to the next round.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast