+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: PvP and Rune Choices

Default PvP and Rune Choices

Regarding rune selection for your pvp gear (melee dps), do you prefer to stack endurance or do you rune for dps stats... and why?

How about those PvP runes in /riftstore? Those better/worse/indifferent than their pve equivalents?

You'll want a balance between the stats. As far as to how, it depends on your build and current gear. Until you get warlord or myrmidon armor, you'll probably favor more endurance. With warlord and myrmidon gear, you'll probably want to start favoring dps stats.

IMO the pve notoriety runes are better since you get both dps and endurance stats, but you may use different runes based on your play style. The end & veng pvp runes are great but they don't seem very common out of the depleted supply crates.

Champion of Telara

Depends on your class and primary role. For me I have a lot of abilities modified by Spell Power as well as a 20% SP modifier as an Inq. I have auto crit on cooldown so I have prioritized:

Crit Power - Spell Power - Endurance - Wisdom - Spell Crit in that order.

It leaves me around 5,000 SP, 700 CP, and 30,000 HP.

Rift Disciple

i wish the supply crate runes were tradeable. i have soulbound duplicates for several slots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    ...its totally possible that a bug exists somewhere. ~Daglar

thanks for the answers...

to clarify a rogue burst dps type... I was wondering if people still runed for damage stats or stacked endurance instead.

I stack endurance since I am scared of dying in a video game.

I think it truly is just preference. I don't think there is a right and wrong answer. I know I am squishier in my roles than some people in the same role, but I also know that if that is the case, I am going to hit harder and if we both have green HP bars, the concept of getting better defenses becomes voided and the boost to performance stats prevail. In essence, I like to make it so that when things are going good with my toon, they are going great. So I personally have always aimed for DPS runes and whatever gives the most CP/AP. I keep a few big time crit chance items in my slots so it doesn't totally plummet, but definitely aim for the crit power and attack power more if I want results. I just don't think it's worth taking up so many slots with crit chance items to realistically only come out with a difference of like 2 - 4%. Not when singular talents increase it flatly by 5% or specific ability talents give things up to 10% additional crit.

If someone were to gear up differently than me with HP/defense in mind instead of heavier performance stats, I am sure they would have several thousands more HP than me. But if we get on the same team and are wailing away at the same person, with both green HP bars, I am at the advantage now. That is just simply my philosophy. I am a glass cannon all the way type player. I admit I am working on a secondary sigil I may use for my heal soul because it is very diverse from a dps/support soul (and tank souls are goofy objective niches at best). I think for a heal soul I may want the *option* to beef up a bit more than being an utter glass cannon. But at the same time, if I can stay alive, my heals would be hitting/critting harder than if I get something that is more defensive at the cost of performance stats. Again, just my philosophy. Can take it or leave it ;P

Quote Originally Posted by jeffvader View Post
    i wish the supply crate runes were tradeable. i have soulbound duplicates for several slots.
    If they are going to allow people to throw as much money as they want and get mass amounts of PvP boxes, I wish I could just blow my 7 dailies on my level 60 cleric sitting around so I can hand my Rogue some extra boxes. Got like 30 something warlords armor plating, I need moar sick lewtz.
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-30-2014 at 12:25 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I stack endurance runes and roll with spell crit on the WARRYAH!

I live forever through these bads.

I primarily heal so I stack endurance runes on all items, including weapons and ranged. I use the PVE runes for legs, belt, neck, rings, and seal.

All of my dream orbs are also BIS for endurance.

As dps you are better of runing for an optimal fight (stack dps runes) it's easier to fall back to a tankier soul combo with lack of healers, than trying to kill healers in them stalemates without pure dps soul/runes. Healers/support need to think more about survival, it's much more important than heal output. the Depleted crate runes are BiS but there is many combos of + veng or + end ontop of that BiS pve rune for that slot. I'd just use what you get from them because they are rare. IE if you get a endurance/veng rune for a 1 hander it's better overall than 43 attack power even tho it's less attack power/veng overall.
    Last edited by deathstormer; 06-30-2014 at 05:51 PM.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Quote Originally Posted by jeffvader View Post
    yeah RNG sucks. I got like 4 of the same head runes on my mage and still missing like 5 slots elsewhere.
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Quote Originally Posted by deathstormer View Post
    As dps you are better of runing for an optimal fight (stack dps runes) it's easier to fall back to a tankier soul combo with lack of healers, than trying to kill healers in them stalemates without pure dps soul/runes. Healers/support need to think more about survival, it's much more important than heal output. the Depleted crate runes are BiS but there is many combos of + veng or + end ontop of that BiS pve rune for that slot. I'd just use what you get from them because they are rare. IE if you get a endurance/veng rune for a 1 hander it's better overall than 43 attack power even tho it's less attack power/veng overall.
    That rune actually gives 43 veng. So for PvP the damage is lateral if you have the 43ap one, but you do gain the 200hp.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    That rune actually gives 43 veng. So for PvP the damage is lateral if you have the 43ap one, but you do gain the 200hp.
    i can't find a link to the rune but yeah there is a 20 en 43 veng one as well as a 55 end 20 veng one. What i meant was even tho it's effectively a 23 AP drop with the second one overall it's better.
    Last edited by deathstormer; 06-30-2014 at 07:21 PM.
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Quote Originally Posted by deathstormer View Post
    i can't find a link to the rune but yeah there is a 20 en 43 veng one as well as a 55 end 20 veng one. What i meant was even tho it's effectively a 23 AP drop with the second one overall it's better.
    Didn't know that one went on 1 handers. But yeah, I'd still use the AP heavy ones myself at least. Better is subjective though, comparing more AP to more HP in PvP is about as classic apples and oranges as you can get. Pure preference of playstyle imo. Neither choice should be game changing to the point where you are at an obvious disadvantage in anyway.
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-30-2014 at 07:33 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Didn't know that one went on 1 handers. But yeah, I'd still use the AP heavy ones myself at least. Better is subjective though, comparing more AP to more HP in PvP is about as classic apples and oranges as you can get. Pure preference of playstyle imo. Neither choice should be game changing to the point where you are at an obvious disadvantage in anyway.
    Overall i think both are better than the 43 AP one. But the 43 ven 20 endurance is the better of the 2. And because they are rare I'd just use the first you get over a 43 Attack power rune. I like to grade things on a points system on my own gear really. 1 point for endurance 2 points for STR etc. But then i stack more into crit power str/AP/veng overall. So a pure end rune vs a str rune go with the offensive rune. But say with the orbs Cupcakey says max endurance whereas if you graded on points you get more overall from main stat/endurance or main stat/AP than just straight main stat or just endurance. i guess what i am saying when you look at your gear as a whole you go more for offensive stats, but on them individual runes/orbs etc, taking both stats works out better in the long better because you are gaining more stats overall per rune/orb.

IE cloak 58 is max STR or endurance. But if you got main stat/endurance it 49 str 27 end. A 9 str loss for 27 endurance is well worth it.

Edit o yeah i didn't know the 55 end one existed either till godess got one I think it may have been offhand/shield tho not 100% basically the 55 end one but with added veng
    Last edited by deathstormer; 06-30-2014 at 08:06 PM.
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast