+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: PactGaming Launch Party Tournament Event

Soulwalker

So let me get this straight, you are hosting a duel tournament and not allowing most of the duel specs in the game. That makes zero sense. You realize there will be almost no warriors or mages signing up for your tournament, right? You banned healing and tank souls completely. Mage duel specs rely on healing souls, and warrior duel specs rely on tank souls. Congratulations, you are creating a "duel" tournament that will be a complete joke.

Different views, I would actually enter it if they didn't allow tank or heal souls completely. Would force people to play real DPS specs and duke it out. The "best" duel specs are at best an overly lengthy boring display or people healing themselves every time they squirrel, or some rogue running around spamming twilight, snaring someone and Rift prisoning.

It just bores me, disallowing tank/heal souls, from my perspective, would make it more enjoyable. To each their own.
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-01-2014 at 03:29 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Revurt View Post
    So let me get this straight, you are hosting a duel tournament and not allowing most of the duel specs in the game. That makes zero sense. You realize there will be almost no warriors or mages signing up for your tournament, right? You banned healing and tank souls completely. Mage duel specs rely on healing souls, and warrior duel specs rely on tank souls. Congratulations, you are creating a "duel" tournament that will be a complete joke.
    Inb4 Rant...

This is accurate. It's not just restricted to warriors though. It is understandable that you (PactGaming) would ban a spread that someone came up with for the purpose of strictly healing, (such as 41+ points in any healing soul) however it looks stupid when you ban well over half of the dueling specs in this game because you're not allowing ANY points in either tank or healing souls.

Here's a list of all of the duel specs that contain tank or healing souls (in any amount, and this is just what I can think of):

--

Rogue

Hybrids:
    Sin/RS - Many spreads and variations
    NB/RS - Also many spreads and variations
    MM/RS - 1 variant

61 point (in a single soul) builds:
    Sin w/ RS
    NB w/ RS

--

Warrior (Not considering WL a tank soul)

Hybrids:
    WL/Pally - 2 viable variations that I've seen
    VK/Pally - This spec is very effective vs anything melee
    Temp/Reaver - I don't know much about it, other than its alright for duels
    BM/Pally - Very effective vs classes susceptible to purge
    Para/Pally - Alright when played correctly

--

Mage

Hybrids:
    Chloro/Dom - Powerful spec for duels
    Chloro/Harb - Another powerful spec for duels
    Arb/Harb - Decent in duels when played properly

61 Ele with Chloro AND Arbiter - this is decent in duels, not a mage's best spec though
    61 Harb with Chloro and Ele (this is something MANY mages use even outside of duels, it has 8 points in Chloro)

--

Cleric (You guys don't have alot of options when it comes to duels)

The spec that almost every cleric I know uses for duels is 61 Inq with X Justicar and sometimes X druid

What are clerics going to do in this with no tank souls? Play DPS Inq or Druid?

--

So if I've done my math correctly, all variations listed above comes down to a total of EIGHTEEN dueling specs banned from a DUEL tournament. This is only what I could think of in 5m or so, I'm sure I left out a few. I suggest for fun sake and balance, you should lift the ban on the souls or at least provide a soul point spent threshold for which there are too many points in healing (or tank) to be allowed in a duel tournament. Most of the specs I've listed above contain 25 points or less in tank/healing souls. If you do not life the ban on souls and put a threshold (or something), I will have fun demolishing everything in my path with NB/Sin (A DUEL spec that has NO points in RS or phys, can you imagine what this would do to people that are not in duel specs? It's capable of fighting anything out there including duel specs in 1v1, except for cdom which is banned).
    Last edited by Moirg; 07-01-2014 at 03:31 PM.

I didn't know this game had duel specs. I just it thought had specs that work good in duels. Ban 'em.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Moirg View Post
    Inb4 Rant...

This is accurate. It's not just restricted to warriors though. It is understandable that you (PactGaming) would ban a spread that someone came up with for the purpose of strictly healing, (such as 41+ points in any healing soul) however it looks stupid when you ban well over half of the dueling specs in this game because you're not allowing ANY points in either tank or healing souls.

Here's a list of all of the duel specs that contain tank or healing souls (in any amount, and this is just what I can think of):

--

Rogue

Hybrids:
    Sin/RS - Many spreads and variations
    NB/RS - Also many spreads and variations
    MM/RS - 1 variant

Sin w/ RS
    NB w/ RS

--

Warrior (Not considering WL a tank soul)

Hybrids:
    WL/Pally - 2 viable variations that I've seen
    VK/Pally - This spec is very effective vs anything melee
    Temp/Reaver - I don't know much about it, other than its alright for duels
    BM/Pally - Very effective vs classes susceptible to purge
    Para/Pally - Alright when played correctly

--

Mage

Hybrids:
    Chloro/Dom - Powerful spec for duels
    Chloro/Harb - Another powerful spec for duels
    Arb/Harb - Decent in duels when played properly

61 Ele with Chloro AND Arbiter - this is decent in duels, not a mage's best spec though
    61 Harb with Chloro and Ele (this is something MANY mages use even outside of duels, it has 8 points in Chloro)

--

Cleric (You guys don't have alot of options when it comes to duels)

The spec that almost every cleric I know uses for duels is 61 Inq with X Justicar and sometimes X druid

What are clerics going to do in this with no tank souls? Play DPS Inq or Druid?

--

So if I've done my math correctly, all variations listed above comes down to a total of EIGHTEEN dueling specs banned from a DUEL tournament. This is only what I could think of in 5m or so, I'm sure I left out a few. I suggest for fun sake and balance, you should lift the ban on the souls or at least provide a soul point spent threshold for which there are too many points in healing (or tank) to be allowed in a duel tournament. Most of the specs I've listed above contain 25 points or less in tank/healing souls. If you do not life the ban on souls and put a threshold (or something), I will have fun demolishing everything in my path with NB/Sin (A DUEL spec that has NO points in RS or phys, can you imagine what this would do to people that are not in duel specs? It's capable of fighting anything out there including duel specs in 1v1, except for cdom which is banned).
    so if they are all banned how is it unfair? Dps vs Dps. not like duel specs are fair, everyone already knows what beats what out of every spec you listed above. revurt has said he can beat sins 1v1 as pyro so he should have no probs in this tourney. duel specs vs duel specs is almost as boring as 5v5
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 07-01-2014 at 03:46 PM.

61 inq 11 cab, 4 points can go anyway, doesn't matter

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mire View Post
    Not as good as Druid / Warden hybrid!

Quote Originally Posted by Mire View Post
    Back before Yokes ego got too big to entertain duels with my BD, I actually got his 61inq to 4% hp before I died in a duel (I never bothered with tanky hybrids). If a BD who hates dueling can almost kill a 61inq who seem to focus most their attention to dueling, pretty sure you can wipe an inq.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post
    Just a heads up, their is an imbalance between souls when considering 1v1 only.Welcome none the less.
    Thats me excluded. Nothing above average for 1v1 >_>

Quote Originally Posted by PactGaming View Post
    Lmfao. okay okay, we understand - After checking some stuff out in game I deff see the debating process leaning towards Unblanaced.
    So, We will alter it to a 3v3, 1 healer per group.
    this makes 18 total players, 6 teams. Updating Information now.
    Interested now

Quote Originally Posted by PactGaming View Post
    Scratch that, keeping it at 1v1.
    Never mind

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    PvP is rarely considered when making design changes to souls or when designing new souls.
    The incoming Pyro changes display this.
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    Anyone that claims to be the best should be the best at all forms of pvp imo, even dreaded cq
    What about leading CQ?
    Mageerza@Faeblight; Leader of that which once was, yet is still to come.
    Know before you judge, or be judged for judging what you don't know.

I am the best at making fluffy pancakes, can I be recognized for that?
    If you have to ask...you don't need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    so if they are all banned how is it unfair? Dps vs Dps. not like duel specs are fair, everyone already knows what beats what out of every spec you listed above. revurt has said he can beat sins 1v1 as pyro so he should have no probs in this tourney. duel specs vs duel specs is almost as boring as 5v5
    If you knew how to read you would have seen that I wrote that I'm just going to plow through everyone with a duel spec that is not banned because it has no points in healer or tank souls. So no, they are not all banned.

If it's so fair and you're so good at 1vX (in this case 1, should be easy for you) I'll enjoy owning you in your 29k hp 61 sin after you're forced to bail on your bad 15RS spec.

Also, why wasn't team Rottweiler at the 3v3 tournament? You were online at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moirg View Post
    If you knew how to read you would have seen that I wrote that I'm just going to plow through everyone with a duel spec that is not banned because it has no points in healer or tank souls. So no, they are not all banned.

If it's so fair and you're so good at 1vX (in this case 1, should be easy for you) I'll enjoy owning you in your 29k hp 61 sin after you're forced to bail on your bad 15RS spec.

Also, why wasn't team Rottweiler at the 3v3 tournament? You were online at the time.
    plow through everyone? you will be fighting 3 other rogues, 1 warrior and an inq good luck with that
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 07-02-2014 at 12:44 PM.

actually looks like they lifted the ban, so should be some sweet time capped duels, can't wait to see the judging on those!
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 07-02-2014 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flair View Post
    I am the best at making fluffy pancakes, can I be recognized for that?
    Your nickname is Martha, now get in the kitchen and make those pancakes!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6