+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: PactGaming Launch Party Tournament Event

A few ideas i thought of (early morning so prolly dumb) Allow every class even healers and use some sort of points system (like boxing, fencing, judo etc) to work out a winner in stalemate. I mean if someone is going to go full healer or tank they aren't exactly trying to win by killing the other guy. To win properly you would have to have some offensive capabilities and some defensive so not allowing hybrids really gimps some classes. Could also point limit into certain souls or say specify a minimum points into a non healer/tank soul ie 48 points must go into a dps soul. Another option might be to make brackets Mage/warrior/rogue/cleric, and then maybe make the winners fight off. But as stated above chloro hybrids are very powerful. Some of the warrior tank hybrids are as well. You will have to put something in place to satisfy everyone that it's evenly matched.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Shadowlander Tryndamere Barbarian King's Avatar

I think if you hold a 1v1 tournament it's going to be a slaughter. Chloro-harb will destroy you all.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Tryndamere Barbarian King View Post
    I think if you hold a 1v1 tournament it's going to be a slaughter. Chloro-harb will destroy you all.
    We will see.

The Tournament will stick to 1v1.

Considering the following:
    Time Limit to reduce stalemates. Upon run out time, the current player with lowest HP percent is declared loser.

Banning Healing Souls, Tank souls still possibly.

Please continue to discuss other possibilities to create a 1v1 to be viable. Otherwise we are sticking to the original considerations above, until we move deeper into tournaments with Rift Online, up into our Paid Tournaments where Inventory will be less lacking.

(rift is currently the only game we have that has such huge debate with 1v1. WOnderful community outcome, thank you all for posting. Keep it up!)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by deathstormer View Post
    A few ideas i thought of (early morning so prolly dumb) Allow every class even healers and use some sort of points system (like boxing, fencing, judo etc) to work out a winner in stalemate. I mean if someone is going to go full healer or tank they aren't exactly trying to win by killing the other guy. To win properly you would have to have some offensive capabilities and some defensive so not allowing hybrids really gimps some classes. Could also point limit into certain souls or say specify a minimum points into a non healer/tank soul ie 48 points must go into a dps soul. Another option might be to make brackets Mage/warrior/rogue/cleric, and then maybe make the winners fight off. But as stated above chloro hybrids are very powerful. Some of the warrior tank hybrids are as well. You will have to put something in place to satisfy everyone that it's evenly matched.
    I agree a Point system similar to boxing etc. We are using a time limit to help determine this.
    Another Idea is 2/3 - but that extends the Time period we have between each game tournament.

Another Idea the Boss just yelled, is if we can get enough individuals to appear for the tournament, creating a Jury, and using emotes to determine a stalemate win or loss after the time limit.

Keep the ideas goin g-

Keep in mind:

To create a proper tournament, the ideal needs to be Simplified as possible. The less "he said she said" the better. The less "Well what about this, and what about this about your this?" the better. Given I understand balance issues causes it either way but you look at the conversation -people are agreeing and disagreeing on everything related to whats better, what the issue could be.

The only thing we know for sure, is everyone is afraid of a Superior single class being able to out due any other class. - Let us hope you are not faced against that individual pair situation.

Once we have come to a final solution the Forum will be reset into a Part 2 discussion with the rules finalized. Please keep the info coming. Thank you all again for your support, and help! Wonderful active community.

~Ryoxis

the only way to make it viable would be to make it class specific.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by PactGaming View Post
    We will see.
    (rift is currently the only game we have that has such huge debate with 1v1. WOnderful community outcome, thank you all for posting. Keep it up!)
    its mainly because rift has so many soul variations that trying to evenly balance at a 1v1 level would take mathematical geniuses. ;p

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    do that and inq will beat everything.
    Im not sure about it. You could always go MM and spec 12 points in to BD for second interupt with debilitate, got some healing reduction as well as cleanse soul.

OP: Banning healing souls and allowing tanking souls wont solve all the issues because some tank souls offer a lot of healing. Feel free to look at Paladin heals: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#9/

or you can just go Sin throw all your bleeds and sleep away, wait until timer is over for free win.

Imho it should be at least 2vs2 (no healing soul/sub soul allowed)

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    Im not sure about it. You could always go MM and spec 12 points in to BD for second interupt with debilitate, got some healing reduction as well as cleanse soul.

OP: Banning healing souls and allowing tanking souls wont solve all the issues because some tank souls offer a lot of healing. Feel free to look at Paladin heals: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#9/

or you can just go Sin throw all your bleeds and sleep away, wait until timer is over for free win.

Imho it should be at least 2vs2 (no healing soul/sub soul allowed)
    ok well you can try beating an inq with any mm spec or try using slip away and bleeding them to death, i on the other hand will be living in the real world, where they will kill you with over 70% of their hp remaining if you try either of those.

Sign "Moirg@Seastone" up!
    Last edited by Moirg; 06-29-2014 at 07:40 PM.

Telaran

This is a /Duel tournament - so ALL FACTIONS welcome.

Ill take one of those slots. Always happy to support these events. I should mention probably the best way to solve the heal/tank specs is to allow the game to decide. Rift automatically assigns a heal, tank, support, or dps portrait to each person based on their specs composition. The rule should simply be that your spec may not show heal or tank to be eligible. It is the simplest and fairest way to do it across all classes.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

I'm down to DPS people out with Viral Infection anyday.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    Ill take one of those slots. Always happy to support these events. I should mention probably the best way to solve the heal/tank specs is to allow the game to decide. Rift automatically assigns a heal, tank, support, or dps portrait to each person based on their specs composition. The rule should simply be that your spec may not show heal or tank to be eligible. It is the simplest and fairest way to do it across all classes.
    you can be 61 point chloro tho and put 5 points into archon and show up as support. i think most classes would be like this i know the 48/28 pal warlord shows as a tank even tho it's further into warlord. Would be a lot of nitty gritting working out what people think is fair and not fair because all the classes have very unique hybrids. Maybe it should be restricted to mage v mage, warrior v warrior etc. like a best of the best. That way no one can say well you used X type build. It's available to both combatants.
    Last edited by deathstormer; 06-29-2014 at 08:28 PM.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Telaran

Roster updated via Signature.
    Proud RIFT Tournament Host
    Follow Twitter/pactgaming
    Roster:
    NEW TOURNAMENT COMING SOON

Quote Originally Posted by deathstormer View Post
    you can be 61 point chloro tho and put 5 points into archon and show up as support. i think most classes would be like this i know the 48/36 pal warlord shows as a tank even tho it's further into warlord. Would be a lot of nitty gritting working out what people think is fair and not fair because all the classes have very unique hybrids. Maybe it should be restricted to mage v mage, warrior v warrior etc. like a best of the best. That way no one can say well you used X type build. It's available to both combatants.
    I don't think anyone will have a problem killing a 61 chloro no matter what their sub points are. I also think Kervik put in a fix for this a couple months ago.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast