+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Cross Healing Idea

Champion

Default Cross Healing Idea

I don't think anybody enjoys matches where half the teams are healers. An idea popped into my head that seems good so I'd like to throw it out there, see what others think.

A possible solution for too many healers would be to apply a global healing debuff to players in a warfront. The basic idea is that if there are not enough deaths in a warfront, then a healing debuff gets applied to both teams.

One possible implementation would be to set a kills:time ratio, say 1 death per 30 seconds. If the kills:time ratio were any smaller, then a global healing debuff would begin stacking up. Heals would dwindle, people would die, and as deaths added up the healing debuff would disappear.

There are other possible ways to implement a system like this. It could be a flat debuff instead of a stacking one. If there were no kills in some time period, then a 40% healing debuff could be applied to both sides for 60 seconds. Or the global debuff could work more like the afk timer, and any kill in the warfront would make the debuff disappear immediately.

This seems like a good solution to me because it doesn't limit spec choice, it doesn't punish healers too much, and it partially prevents awful stalemates. Any other reasons that would make this potentially a good idea/terrible idea?

Bad idea, just have more of your team mates switch to a dps specc, so you can kill the opposing team easier/faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Bad idea, just have more of your team mates switch to a dps specc, so you can kill the opposing team easier/faster.
    No one wants to. Healing is too easy.

I've had matches where even dps switch to heals to stack them more.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 06-29-2014 at 06:17 AM.

Ascendant

Id just add an aoe heal debuff centered around objectives that stack and fall off if you leave said area. In this way tank/healers or whole zerg teams cant stand in one spot or it gets progressively harder to stay alive. This would help alleviate issues in certain wfs and encourage people to spread out. More healers wouldnt help so much since all of them would be affected while dps would not. Only in these areas mind you. Alternatively your team could receive a heal debuff globally the more points you have. This would help even out unbalanced wfs, which we have a ton of.

Too many wfs are won soley on heal spamming once objectives are taken. Id also look at a few heal souls, namely the new one. Its been long enough, and things didnt "die down". Healing was already teetering on silly with crosshealing let alone introducing the best healing soul in game to date for PVP (disclaimer for pve parses). Anyways, heal debuffs centered on objectives vs matches decided by healers solely

3.7-heal wars..

Bad players are always asking for a crutch to stand on.

Players with the healing symbol receive -50% heals from other players. Same applies for LGV/LBV chloros now instead of 0 heals.

Would require them to fix certain specs though that show as support.
    Last edited by Axarion; 06-29-2014 at 11:24 AM.

Can we apply same rules for cross dps ? If I'm only healer and have 2 + dps on me can they get a debuff to do -50% dps for the second one on me -75% for the 3rd etc ?

Hopefully all the new healers will realize rift healing is the most boring/easy thing ever and go back to dps soon.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    Hopefully all the new healers will realize rift healing is the most boring/easy thing ever and go back to dps soon.
    Lol, at new healers. I see veterans scrubbing it out in heal specs because they can't dps. Healing is for the newbies.. literally. if you have full mymidon with near max runes and PAs you should always dps and leave the stacking heals for the noobs or newbies. I play a mage and a new rogue too and I dps/support most of the time on my mage where I am healing on my physician since it is dirt easy to stack heals vs. pugs and win in full warlord set.
    Last edited by Planetx; 06-29-2014 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    Lol, at new healers. I see veterans scrubbing it out in heal specs because they can't dps. Healing is for the newbies.. literally. if you have full mymidon with near max runes and PAs you should always dps and leave the stacking heals for the noobs or newbies. I play a mage and a new rogue too and I dps/support most of the time on my mage where I am healing on my physician since it is dirt easy to stack heals vs. pugs and win in full warlord set.
    The new players, aka the welfare players, none of them have the new souls, and when asked to heal, their reply, they don't want to spend any money to buy souls. So no, the veterans that are committed to the game are the only ones spending money on it.

The new players, aka the obamacare players, none of them have the new souls, and when asked to heal, their reply, they don't want to spend any money to buy souls. So no, the veterans that are committed to the game are the only ones spending money on it.
    fixed that for you.

The new players, aka the welfare players, none of them have the new souls, and when asked to heal, their reply, they don't want to spend any money to buy souls. So no, the veterans that are committed to the game are the only ones spending money on it.
    Truthfully, I wish even less people spent money on this game. Perhaps the devs will distribute their attention equally if people start digging into their pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    fixed that for you.
    We might as well leave politics out of video games, or some folks might make themselves look like ignorant bigots, yes, I get it, you're a republican religious zealot.

add a queuing system to warfronts equal to experts and limit amount of heals allowed, permit tankspecs to a specific teamsize and limit it to 1 at a time, force in 2 supports one per kind and tada happy happy.
    Facture in gear to that for more balance and you have enjoyable pvp.

This thread is beautiful and I hope to see many more like it.

We still need around 5x10^5 more of the threads to counter balance all the "not enough people healing in warfronts" threads that came prior to this though.

I dont want them to nerf warfront healing yet or else the old threads will come back too soon.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast