+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Why is everyone so scared of the bridge? -PS

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser Pocketzoar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    311

    Default Why is everyone so scared of the bridge? -PS

    Every single match I enter someone is telling people before the match even starts to ignore the bridge and Im not sure if I fully understand the logic.

    The bridge is the closest spawn point to the church and the stones that are needed to gather points.

    If you have a capable team whats the point in ignoring that advantage?

    trying to 1v10 the bridge is a different story. if you clearly have a weaker team then by all means stay the **** away. But these are comments made WELL before the match even starts lol.
    Undeadwarrior & Zoarbot @Deepwood.
    Believe it or not Rift has an unofficial Facebook PvP alliance group .~All are welcome~

  2. #2
    Ascendant micshaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,468

    Default

    most non scared people quit

  3. #3
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,133

    Default

    Eh, bridge often end in endless healing stalemate with lot's of low skilled pugs getting stuck there until the end, while smart players run stones and win the match.

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser Pocketzoar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    Eh, bridge often end in endless healing stalemate with lot's of low skilled pugs getting stuck there until the end, while smart players run stones and win the match.

    Better for us to distract them at the bridge while its caped then try to cap stones in a church filled with enemy players because we decided to let the enemy cross that line.


    The perfect scion match consist of a battle at the bridge (the distraction) and the runners with an entire church full of objectives and not enemy players.
    Last edited by Pocketzoar; 06-28-2014 at 09:57 PM.
    Undeadwarrior & Zoarbot @Deepwood.
    Believe it or not Rift has an unofficial Facebook PvP alliance group .~All are welcome~

  5. #5
    Champion of Telara Mire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    i'd prefer they changed the functionality of the bridge to give points like codex, but give more points per tick than dex, and remove most NPC/gards in scion except those that grants points when you kill them.
    and reduce the dmg of the last boss so realistically pugs can attempt the to kill them to win if peoople just derp at the bridge.

    scion is not that bad, but too bad the devs are too lazy to make any improvements to it. that's right i said it.

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser Pocketzoar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mire View Post
    i'd prefer they changed the functionality of the bridge to give points like codex, but give more points per tick than dex, and remove most NPC/gards in scion except those that grants points when you kill them.
    and reduce the dmg of the last boss so realistically pugs can attempt the to kill them to win if peoople just derp at the bridge.

    scion is not that bad, but too bad the devs are too lazy to make any improvements to it. that's right i said it.
    Scion is one of my favorite maps. I really like your idea man its too bad this will fall on deaf ears.

    It just drives me nuts when sin rogues are stealthed in church yelling at the team for not "walking past the enemy unscathed" into a church to steal objectives. when if they would have spent 5 minutes taking the bridge they would have an entire team on closer spawn timers spawning closer to the objectives there to help.

    Instead when derps start telling pugs to ignore the bridge the team gets steam rolled on way different res timers and its a basic faceroll for the enemy.

    I have been in 6 total scions where the team holding the bridge didn't manage to win. One of them was because a premade was holding the church and couldn't be shaken.

    The other times where back when people had a hard on to go straight for the boss.




    moral of the story, at least try to hold the bridge for your team to have that positional advantage to help you run objectives.

    or shut up and run objectives.
    Undeadwarrior & Zoarbot @Deepwood.
    Believe it or not Rift has an unofficial Facebook PvP alliance group .~All are welcome~

  7. #7
    Ascendant Flashmemory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pocketzoar View Post
    Scion is one of my favorite maps. I really like your idea man its too bad this will fall on deaf ears.

    It just drives me nuts when sin rogues are stealthed in church yelling at the team for not "walking past the enemy unscathed" into a church to steal objectives. when if they would have spent 5 minutes taking the bridge they would have an entire team on closer spawn timers spawning closer to the objectives there to help.

    Instead when derps start telling pugs to ignore the bridge the team gets steam rolled on way different res timers and its a basic faceroll for the enemy.

    I have been in 6 total scions where the team holding the bridge didn't manage to win. One of them was because a premade was holding the church and couldn't be shaken.

    The other times where back when people had a hard on to go straight for the boss.




    moral of the story, at least try to hold the bridge for your team to have that positional advantage to help you run objectives.

    or shut up and run objectives.

    Going for bridge is the worse decision you can make when you see a bunch of healers on the other side. If you can't simply open up your tab pre match and figure out that scion should be played a certain way with a certain setup then you are failing hard as a pvp awareness. There are different strategies that work. Once you realize that then you will see going for bridge 100% is just dumb.

    If you have a lot of dps and they have a lot of greens and purples some will probably have OP trinkets that increase their effective TTK by 5x the normal value as it is basically another second save every minute while almost every burst dps cd is centered around 1 min.

    The best option is to go for dragon + stone, idols and minis, sending a rogue to solo top of church and assaulting the carriers with stones at the second idol as you make your way to killing the boss. Even if you wipe you knock off 20 points per stone since every idol you have destroyed completely and every mini you kill that spawns the idols will deduct 10 points from stone turn ins for the entire game.

    This makes the dragon stone worth 3 turn ins ( 1 player getting you 30 points vs. 3 players getting them 30 points.) If you have someone dedicated to turning in the single stone by dragon you will be up by 500 points in roughly under 10mins. out the gate while they will have not much.. maybe 100 for killing the church boss and a few escapees that made it by as your team downed the second idol.

    Now if you know your team can farm the other side... for instance a bunch of dps rogues and warriors while your're stacked with support and healers then you can do that and get tons of favor..And when you have healers and supports that may be the best decision but from a solo pugger I can tell you this. Healing is overtuned in group setttings and it isn't even worth it to actually pvp most of the time in scion. If anything you would want to probably go for idols and boss.. I kind of miss the old days where both factions rushed boss( even though it was clearly favorable to guardians.) Was a race to see who kills the boss faster ( because the second mini can be attacked from the start and you don't have to wait for it to get to its destination)
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 06-29-2014 at 12:45 AM.

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser Pocketzoar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Going for bridge is the worse decision you can make when you see a bunch of healers on the other side. If you can't simply open up your tab pre match and figure out that scion should be played a certain way with a certain setup then you are failing hard as a pvp awareness. There are different strategies that work. Once you realize that then you will see going for bridge 100% is just dumb.
    There is no possible way to open up your tab PRE MATCH and say "OPE they have more healers" even more so now that every class can heal. Going for bridge is never 100% dumb. The only time bridge is a lost cuase is once you have been outplayed on it. then you take your loss and adjust.

    you are forgetting, bridge spawns in the middle of the map with the shortest route to every objective.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    If you have a lot of dps and they have a lot of greens and purples some will probably have OP trinkets that increase their effective TTK by 5x the normal value as it is basically another second save every minute while almost every burst dps cd is centered around 1 min.
    not sure what OP trinkets have to do with the bridge but I hear you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    The best option is to go for dragon + stone, idols and minis, sending a rogue to solo top of church and assaulting the carriers with stones at the second idol as you make your way to killing the boss. Even if you wipe you knock off 20 points per stone since every idol you have destroyed completely and every mini you kill that spawns the idols will deduct 10 points from stone turn ins for the entire game.
    I'm not sure why this cant be done with the bridge. a team of 5 people can knock off every objective on the map in a very short period of time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    This makes the dragon stone worth 3 turn ins ( 1 player getting you 30 points vs. 3 players getting them 30 points.) If you have someone dedicated to turning in the single stone by dragon you will be up by 500 points in roughly under 10mins. out the gate while they will have not much.. maybe 100 for killing the church boss and a few escapees that made it by as your team downed the second idol.
    Im very aware on how to play port scion, again Im not sure why this cant be done while holding the most beneficial spawn point in the map.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Now if you know your team can farm the other side... for instance a bunch of dps rogues and warriors while your're stacked with support and healers then you can do that and get tons of favor..And when you have healers and supports that may be the best decision but from a solo pugger I can tell you this. Healing is overtuned in group setttings and it isn't even worth it to actually pvp most of the time in scion. If anything you would want to probably go for idols and boss.. I kind of miss the old days where both factions rushed boss( even though it was clearly favorable to guardians.) Was a race to see who kills the boss faster ( because the second mini can be attacked from the start and you don't have to wait for it to get to its destination)
    I am 100% a solo pugger and find nothing interesting about joining a PvP warfront just to zerg a boss and end the match in 2 minutes.

    Most people join a que in the warfront tab to PvP and while objectives are a part of PvP they arent put in warfronts to keep people from avoiding combat. That is why the game rewards players with experience, prestige, and favor per player kill.

    NOW, you are trying to tell me, that a PUG group that can somehow manage to ignore enemy combat, take out all the idols, take out all mini bosses, and coordinate attacks on stone carriers, cant somehow do the same thing while holding the bridge? even though it may require more time spent fighting given the rewards per kill Im pretty sure at the end of the match you get much more bang for your buck.
    Undeadwarrior & Zoarbot @Deepwood.
    Believe it or not Rift has an unofficial Facebook PvP alliance group .~All are welcome~

  9. #9
    Champion of Telara Mire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pocketzoar View Post
    There
    I
    Quote Originally Posted by Pocketzoar View Post
    is
    Just
    Quote Originally Posted by Pocketzoar View Post
    no
    want
    Quote Originally Posted by Pocketzoar View Post
    possible
    to
    Quote Originally Posted by Pocketzoar View Post
    way
    multiquote
    Quote Originally Posted by Pocketzoar View Post
    to
    because
    Quote Originally Posted by Pocketzoar View Post
    open
    I
    Quote Originally Posted by Pocketzoar View Post
    up
    can



    yolomageswag

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser Pocketzoar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mire View Post
    I

    Just

    want

    to

    multiquote

    because

    I

    can



    yolomageswag
    Ladies and gentlemen. I present you with the hottest asian girl to walk the planet earth.
    Undeadwarrior & Zoarbot @Deepwood.
    Believe it or not Rift has an unofficial Facebook PvP alliance group .~All are welcome~

  11. #11
    Ascendant dday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    The endless npcs in scion drive me insane...

    I would love scion if they weren't there. Huge map with tons of different objectives. You can go aoe at the bridge, fight at the church, pve, run stones, 1v1 stone runners ect ect but the no stop npcs ruin everything for me

  12. #12
    Ascendant Appendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,626

    Default

    People waste too much time over bridge. If you can mow them over and get it back in a minute, sure. Go get it. But a team in the lead can lose that lead very quickly if they spend too long defending/fighting for bridge. The smart team will bait and switch; once they get the opponents on the bridge, they then take control of the church.

    If you don't have the bridge, who cares. Try to get a physician (or someone impossible to kill) to grab the stone that spawns south of bridge and hold it so they don't have access to easy points. Hold church and courtyard and just run the stones. If you die, it really isn't that far to run back, and if you go around the boss - you are right beside the church.

    Anyway, you can hold the church and courtyard while the opponents hang out on the bridge.

    It really has improved, I think, because it used to be that the losing team stood at the south end of the bridge and were farmed the entire match. I haven't seen matches like that in a long time but it could still happen, I guess.

  13. #13
    Plane Walker Axarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    487

    Default

    Too many trolls under the bridge.

  14. #14
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    472

    Default

    It's laggy there.
    Twocents@Deepwood

    <Mirage>

    I'm the rainbow ninja

  15. #15
    Rift Master LeCreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    682

    Default

    The bridge is a bug light, has nothing to with the game other than distracting players from scoring points. People don't spawn at the bridge to fight in the church, they spawn and keep fighting at the bridge.

    Port Scion is my favorite warfront because there's so many ways to score points. Players who understand the point system are in (sometimes great) battles at all the stones, idols, and up in the top of the church. Everybody else is spamming AoE at the bridge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts