+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Influx Of Bots in Warfronts?

Default Influx Of Bots in Warfronts?

I queue into a warfront, I see nothing but people with empty slots.

They do not communicate.

They attack the mid of domination maps on their own.

They run the wrong way w/ stones on escalation and ridge maps even when given proper advice.

Why is it that I am forced to 2v10 or 3v15 every other warfront? Rift PvP is not difficult nor truly hard to understand. Time constraints are overcome with bolstering and pay2win if you so desire.

Currently, it seems that decent players are tasked with carrying entire teams while the enemy team has about six P90s, well played P90s...What gives?

I realize my sentiments echo a recent thread on the subject, but this is an important issue as long as warfronts remain the primary method of PvP in Rift.

I wonder, are they bots?

Ascendant

Farmers can't make money from Rift, so I doubt they are bots.

What you are seeing is probably people who made a free account, grinded out level 60 as fast as they could and don't know how to play their character or know anything about gearing. The majority of r90s are probably in a similar position after zerg surfing their way to r90, courtesy of CQ.

Prophet of Telara

Been this way since FTP. Though a lot of them got banned 6 months ago and have not see many since, looks like bunch of players decided to start up in mass again.

Mostly get people running in circles with no gear spamming buffs non stop to keep on gaining favor/exp. Seen a lot in the lower pvp brackets on my alt that I'm leveling in low lvl warfronts.

Also seen massive bots in CQ with names like qwewqew running around randomly spamming buffs, dying and doing it all over again lol.

Rift Disciple

I've seen them too today. What I don't get is why they don't have at least some gear? I mean even a fresh lvl1 char comes with some gear equipped that would get bolstered. And even if you afk bot from 10-60 you would accumulate some win chests. But no, all empty slots.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Xeasike View Post
    I've seen them too today. What I don't get is why they don't have at least some gear? I mean even a fresh lvl1 char comes with some gear equipped that would get bolstered. And even if you afk bot from 10-60 you would accumulate some win chests. But no, all empty slots.
    a good chance is that some of them are RMT plat bots, trying to sneak in some levels or those old pre sl RMT pvp leveling sites opened up again.

I know back in the day when Rift was popular in the mainstream community, it had tons of RMT bot sites doing pvp leveling. Just seems like a weird time to all the sudden mass bot warfronts and CQ.

I seen the bots in lvl 60 bracket warfronts as well early mornings.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 06-28-2014 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    a good chance is that some of them are RMT plat bots, trying to sneak in some levels or those old pre sl RMT pvp leveling sites opened up again.

I know back in the day when Rift was popular in the mainstream community, it had tons of RMT bot sites doing pvp leveling. Just seems like a weird time to all the sudden mass bot warfronts and CQ.

I seen the bots in lvl 60 bracket warfronts as well early mornings.
    This is actually possible, summer means less players in general so they could become more "visible".

Quote Originally Posted by ConclusionTheFirst View Post

They do not communicate.

They run the wrong way w/ stones on escalation and ridge maps even when given proper advice.

Why is it that I am forced to 2v10 or 3v15 every other warfront? Rift PvP is not difficult nor truly hard to understand. Time constraints are overcome with bolstering and pay2win if you so desire.

Currently, it seems that decent players are tasked with carrying entire teams while the enemy team has about six P90s, well played P90s...What gives?

I realize my sentiments echo a recent thread on the subject, but this is an important issue as long as warfronts remain the primary method of PvP in Rift.

I wonder, are they bots?
    When numbers are lopsided like that, one side had a PM drop in, usually. In this case a bot PM, lol.
    Last edited by Lords0fpain; 07-01-2014 at 06:53 AM.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

They must be the "one-button spam" OP rogues I keep hearing mages complain about except these take 10 gcd to kill the mage instead of 4.

Quote Originally Posted by ConclusionTheFirst View Post

They do not communicate.

I wonder, are they bots?
    THIS THIS THIS

Trion has to do something about how they get those random warfronts group generated. I am to a point the second I try to duo or get in a PM queues don't pop or take 10x what they should. If I try to solo, I'll end up in the worst group one can imagine vs stacked or pm group.

I've tested this with guildies (duo or pm) and no queues will pop until I drop and BAM. They go in, I reqeue and end up against them. EVERY TIME

What I think is happening is the "secret formula" they use is purely based on overall damage done (or healing). I .always end up first or near first dmg in warfronts all the time, so my rating is off the roof and the system considers me as a small raid of PvE noobs.

I actually sent an email last night to Trion explaining the issue, it took me 2.5weeks to get my gun quest done. A mix of BAD groups and waiting whenever I join anyone.

2.5 weeks and I play LOTS.... This is why Im getting pissed and telling people off lately (which I never did before) but it comes to a point where a guy can't just lose on days end.

Am at a point where i don't even want to log in even tho I love the game... argh
    Last edited by HeLLBoY77; 07-01-2014 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeLLBoY77 View Post
    What I think is happening is the "secret formula" they use is purely based on overall damage done (or healing).
    this is what i've assumed too as i dealt with the same types of queues you did on both my rogue and my cleric.

was getting to the point where i'd have to pvp for hours just to finish my daily.
    Last edited by ecru; 07-01-2014 at 07:40 AM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

I have been leveling a new toon and a guy named decays@seastone bots every warfront....i have him on fraps humping mountains.... everyone reports him but it keeps happening....i'll try to post video later.

Quote Originally Posted by RainDogs View Post
    I have been leveling a new toon and a guy named decays@seastone bots every warfront....i have him on fraps humping mountains.... everyone reports him but it keeps happening....i'll try to post video later.
    Does he use battle dyes?

EVERYONE uses battle dyes...that is a cash cow for trion!

The good ole days when you could queue up with 10x folks for a warfront, bring em back
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

The sad thing is these aren't bots, instead they are CQ warriors doing their weeklies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast