+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Returning since SL launch - Rogue or Cleric?

Telaran

Default Returning since SL launch - Rogue or Cleric?

I have a level 52 Cleric and a 50 Rogue. I enjoyed both characters up to the SL launch but heavily favored the Cleric who has way more rank/mounts etc, and left the game shortly after SL. I wanted to get your opinions as to which you recommend playing in the current meta, especially for PVP.

I enjoy healing (aka PVP tanking), supporting, 1v1ing (ah, the old icar specs) and long walks on the beach. I prefer to tank in PVE if that helps.

Asking in PVP because it's how I'll likely spend my time in game.

Note: Ideally I could play either character while building account-wide rank, achievements, etc and not have to deal with gear grinds.

If you purchase the dreamsoul pack, you'll be able to tank quite well as a physician, plus access to a few good dps souls (sin, nb, bd, nb/sin, mm).

Rift Master

My .02

Rogue's healer (physician, only available by buying the dream soul pack), is a strong healer. It's been causing much anguish on this forum because people don't know how to kill one in PVP. Rogue's healer isn't subject to the same rules on healing with mana limitations since energy regeneration is so fast. Still vulnerable to various forms of cc, and unlike cleric, doesn't have easy access to multiple break free abilities.

Cleric's the most versatile in PVE (I think) due to the large number of roles it can feel in a raid setting. I'm not sure where I'd rank cleric in pvp. Sentinels are pretty hard to kill without at least a good dps or 2 and some cc. Cleric has the advantage that it doesn't require spending credits on souls to be good in pvp healing, though one could argue in favor of buying SL souls for the access to defiler.

If money/time spent grinding plat to exchange for REX is no big deal, I'd say rogue healing is probably stronger in pvp at the moment than cleric healing. Not specifically because it's a better soul, but because its new, a lot of people don't know how to deal with it, and lack of energy management.

If you don't want to spend money/time grinding plat to exchange for REX, cleric's the better option.

Default Returning since SL launch - Rogue or Cleric?

Rogue if you want to dps

Cleric if you want to tank/heal/support/dps...

Easy choice really.

Rift Chaser

Rogue anytime.

Cleric ofc, not boring and easy as rogue.

Champion of Telara

Here is a chart to help you decide:

Do you feel you can confidently leave the spawn without invisibility?

N (Rogue)
    Y(Cleric)

Do you feel like you might need to insta flee a fight with nearly 100% success anytime you are under 80% health?

Y (Rogue)
    N (Cleric)

Can you skillfully use more than two fingers?

N (Rogue)
    Y(Cleric)

Do you want OP easy DPS?

Y (Rogue)
    N (Cleric)

Do you want OP easy healing?

Y (Rogue)
    N (Cleric)

Do you prefer blue elves in tiny bikinis named DrzzzztDuWreckU?

Y (Rogue)
    N (Cleric)

Do you have self respect?

N (Rogue)
    Y (Cleric)

Do you ePeen?

Y (Rogue)
    N (Cleric)

Do you enjoy raging in WF chat?

Y (Rogue)
    N (Cleric)

Do you enjoy rage tells?

Y (Rogue)
    N (Cleric)

And putting people on /ignore?

Y (Rogue)
    N (Cleric)

Is anything that kills you too stronk?

Y (Rogue)
    N (Cleric)

I play warrior and mage so there is no bias, IMO it's rogue hands down, better melee souls, better range souls, better healing souls, better 1 v 1 builds, uniqueness in stealth, and better Dev.

passive mana drain

resource management

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    I play warrior and mage so there is no bias, IMO it's rogue hands down, better melee souls, better range souls, better healing souls, better 1 v 1 builds, uniqueness in stealth, and better Dev.
    I'm warrior, mage too and I say rogue. Cleric need some love atm all they have is 3 good heal classes in pvp. Most of the dps lose out to rogues/warrior because they are mana bars vs regen bars. It's debateable who is the better of the healer rogue vs cleric but again clerics lose to attrition. Rogues have way more variety as well as far as PvP goes
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Quote Originally Posted by deathstormer View Post
    I'm warrior, mage too and I say rogue. Cleric need some love atm all they have is 3 good heal classes in pvp. Most of the dps lose out to rogues/warrior because they are mana bars vs regen bars. It's debateable who is the better of the healer rogue vs cleric but again clerics lose to attrition. Rogues have way more variety as well as far as PvP goes
    ehh i disagree there, i think cleric is a close second and if it wasnt for physician i would give the edge to cleric. defiler is still the best heal soul overall and sent is 3rd IMO. Shaman is a close second to sin and that druid/oracle shaman oracle specs are gross. INQ is still the most durable range soul just doesnt do well against healers but vs any other range soul its an auto win. And lastly puri is a very strong support healer.

the thing that makes rogue so good IMO is the ability to have a spec for every situation. Awesome domintation map soul in sin and nb hyrbids, awesome flag runner, two pure st dps for healing statemates, range aoe damage and healing for cq, melee aoe for port scion or other zerg wfs, and lastly two solid range specs for all situations. Nothing is OP about them either they are just a well rounded well built class.
    Last edited by dday; 06-27-2014 at 04:55 AM.

Flip a coin. When it's in the air you'll know which side you're hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    ehh i disagree there, i think cleric is a close second and if it wasnt for physician i would give the edge to cleric. defiler is still the best heal soul overall and sent is 3rd IMO. Shaman is a close second to sin and that druid/oracle shaman oracle specs are gross. INQ is still the most durable range soul just doesnt do well against healers but vs any other range soul its an auto win. And lastly puri is a very strong support healer.

the thing that makes rogue so good IMO is the ability to have a spec for every situation. Awesome domintation map soul in sin and nb hyrbids, awesome flag runner, two pure st dps for healing statemates, range aoe damage and healing for cq, melee aoe for port scion or other zerg wfs, and lastly two solid range specs for all situations. Nothing is OP about them either they are just a well rounded well built class.
    Add a long fight into this and all the clerics are OOM and long fights are what WF are now. If they aren't OOM they are using every second GCD to gain mana back.
    Last edited by deathstormer; 06-27-2014 at 05:27 AM.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Add a long fight into this and all the clerics are OOM and long fights are what WF are now
    ...and thats why Rogues ARE op.
    - > Infintie resources.
    Last edited by Morwath; 06-27-2014 at 05:26 AM.

Add a long fight into this and all the clerics are OOM and long fights are what WF are now. If they aren't OOM they are using every second GCD to gain mana back.
    They still have very strong mana regens and only rogues and doms can drain. i stuck to a strong defiler in a lib match the other day in a bm hybrid spamming purges and silences only to have him lead in heals by a lot....mana is not as big of a factor as people make it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast