+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: To Daglar ... What`s in Nightmare Tide for PvP ?

Plane Walker

I heard there was going to be level 65 PvP Rifts due to the overwhelming popularity and demand. There is a new achievement based on them "the Corpse Licker". They will also drop the items required to make PvP Relic Greater essences.

I never understood why Trion keeps tagging PVPers as a small/insignificant amount of the Rift player base.

I can log into the game, queue for a warfront, and be in a 15v15 or 20v20 match in 1-2 minutes. After that's done, I can bounce into another 15v15 or 20v20 with almost no wait.

Compare that to a PVEer that queues for a random 5 man SLE and has to wait a freakin hour just to scrape up 5 random participants.

If PVEers are so much more prevalent, shouldn't their random dungeon queues pop as quickly as our warfronts?
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyhawke View Post
    I never understood why Trion keeps tagging PVPers as a small/insignificant amount of the Rift player base.

I can log into the game, queue for a warfront, and be in a 15v15 or 20v20 match in 1-2 minutes. After that's done, I can bounce into another 15v15 or 20v20 with almost no wait.

Compare that to a PVEer that queues for a random 5 man SLE and has to wait a freakin hour just to scrape up 5 random participants.

If PVEers are so much more prevalent, shouldn't their random dungeon queues pop as quickly as our warfronts?
    Any clerics in justicar that queue for a warfront should automatically be sent to tank an SLE. Win win for all. PvE players shorten their dungeon queue with an influx of tanks and pvpers don't waste a raid slot on a useless tank.

you only get that many "expert" charges a day, after that is done, the incentive to queue again is none if you're raid geared. on the contrary if you're p90 geared you have that much more incentive to queue for pvp to beat up newbs with bad gear.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Pocketzoar View Post
    I wouldn't hold your breath.

There was mention of a new warfront being released before the expansion but other then that nothing.

I can tell you exactly what a developer will tell you though!

- New Rank 100!
    - Full set of Nightmare rank 100 PvP gear! (slightly refurbished)
    - Up scaled consumables!

Grats Guys! Thanks for being our loyal minority!

just in case you forgot we wanted to remind you that you are the minority again!

~ Dev
    Spoken like some one else who was shocked and sorely disappointed at the lack of new PvP content that came with the last expension, Storm Legion. Since we only get a new warfront map once every 1 yr 8 months on average and there is supposed to be a new warfront prior to 3.0, the odds of us getting a new warfront with the expansion is practically zero. Don't you just want to prove me wrong Daglar . As for a new Conquest or any other type of PvP instance, we didn't get another Conquest map like we were hoping for with Storm Legion so I'm sure we're not getting another Conquest map with 3.0. But hey, there will be level 65 PvP gear so we should sit in our corner and be quiet PvPers.

Quote Originally Posted by Generic Player View Post
    .... But hey, there will be level 65 PvP gear so we should sit in our corner and be quiet PvPers.
    We PvPers are loud by definition... ;)

As regard the PvP content in the new expansion i'm sure it will reflect the way Trion looks at PvPers ( a tiny tiny minority).... hence there will be some tiny tiny little new content.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=806168&dateline=13715  70211

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooothing!
    Even free cost too much now

Daglar when reviewing the expansion's scope.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsuu View Post
    Now we know about whats coming with 3.0 for the PvE side along with Level Cap increase ..
    i think we "PvP Side" should have some new information too ..

-Is there new Rank cap ? and if so whts the number ?

-Are our Relic gear will be usefull till level 65 ( like T3 PvE gear) ?

-With new zones coming , is there anyway of having open world PvP zones ? (maybe certin zone where PvPers can fight to level ?)

-Whats the plan for the warfront .. we having new ones ? or maybe improving the current ?

-CQ changes ??

Just give us something intersting and cool to look forward to .. and please dont inlude "Chest Related" thinng !

Thanks Daglar ..

We are now officially flooding every war front with WATER! and because the water plane is so awesome, these versions will replace all existing versions! That's right people, you can now pvp WHILE SWIMMING! Please note the breath meter has not been removed, and since you can't swing a weapon very hard while under water, all melee damage has been reduced by 75%. speaking is equally impossible, so all spells now take thrice as long to cast, including instant ones!

Furthermore, All favor you gain is now kept in a chest that spawns at the end of the match, which the losing team can prevent you from opening! Prestige is no longer gained any other way except for our new radiant prestige cell which is an exceptionally rare drop from the new chest that gives you 10% progress to your next rank!

Pvp rank cap increased to 100! better farm those cells!

User feedback has suggested that we don't add enough new content, so we've adjusted our new pvp content to last the entire expansion! favor cap is *removed! all costs increased 300%! And there is a new set of gear every two ranks that gives you +1 to every stat compared to the previous rank, and has one more spike on the shoulders! You are required to have to full set of gear before you may progress to the next ranks, so happy farming!

*please note all favor will be reset to zero if we ever have to release a new set of gear due to lack of content complaints, to prevent stockpiling

by the way, the losing team gets nothing, because we realized that pve players get no reward for failure, and neither should you!
    Last edited by Arkamenitas; 06-26-2014 at 08:25 AM.

Plane Walker

I want CQ power decay to start after 1 month. 1 week is too short. ( I just dislike CQ. )

Daglar did say they are removing/reworking CQ power in 3.something, as for the rest, just wait for info.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyhawke View Post

Well, a warfront doesn't require specific roles, while a dungeon requires a tank and a healer. When I queue as a tank it pops almost instantly, as a healer within a minute or two (about the same as a warfront), but as only dps...a long time.

I think this says more about a majority preference of dpsing over healing or tanking than a majority preference of PvPing over PvEing.

That isn't to say there aren't more people queuing for warfronts than dungeons - there could be, but we have no way of knowing how many dps are sitting in the queue waiting for a healer and a tank to come along. In contrast, for PvP once you have the required number of people, regardless of role, it can pop.

While I understand and agree with feeling PvP updates are neglected, its not hard to see that we ARE the clear minority. There's hundreds of PvE raiding guilds. I can only think of 4 PvP guilds of any size.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyhawI As 4827904

Don't fill out IA, when I do them either...but, "they say"...lol
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Prophet of Telara

I can assure you that new Warfront map is real nightmare for any specs with channelled abilities.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast